Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    You do realize that 401K money does increase, especially if you steer it toward high risk investments and succeed
    You aren't helping your argument here any, especially if you are talking about ensuring retirement income. You are also full of it.

So this is why the stock market is up along with strong earnings?

I personally don't see the benefit of this tax plan long term IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that 401K money does increase, especially if you steer it toward high risk investments and succeed
    Outside of the fact that it was halved in 2009 and we are in a boom, that you said will inevitably crash.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No need. Im perfectly with my salary. I pay all my bills and still have 300 to 400 a paycheck to put way or invest. I choose not to live in a cesspool like New York City where rent is $2500 a month
    That doesn't change the fact that you've been working 30 years and only make $50k. Are you a janitor? I was making $50k while still in college...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    So this is why the stock market is up along with strong earnings?

I personally don't see the benefit of this tax plan long term IMO.
    Yes, it is. If he gets 15% corporate tax, then I expect the Dow to settle at around 23000 by the end of the year.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/25/corpo...cent-rate.html

There is push back already.

I think what will happen is that they will negotiate to 25% when all is said and done.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2017-04-25 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    So you have $200,000 in a 401k that's only 10 years old and right now your salary is $50k before taxes. Which means 10 years ago your salary was probably significantly less.

You aren't fooling anyone. But we're all used to your shenanigans here. You really are a true forum artist. Bravo good sir, bravo.
    Do you work at burgerking and not understand how 401ks work? How companies usually match by % and that your money grows through investment? lmao.

So explode the debt without paying for anything? Half of republicans won't go for that. None of the dems will.

You can't cut foreign aid or pbs 100 times over to pay for things. You'd have to gouge out either social security, medicare or military. None of those things are going to happen. Plus Trump wants spending for his wall and a trillion for infrastructure.

And all of that is before realizing even the republican base won't completely go for a tax giveaway to the rich.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2017-04-25 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Do you work at burgerking and not understand how 401ks work? How companies usually match by % and that your money grows through investment? lmao.
    Do you not understand the math involved to have 300-400 dollar a paycheck left on that salary and still end up with that 401k level? Orlong didn't say a thing about employer matching, which isn't a given. And, in case you forgot, it's Orlong.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    So explode the debt without paying for anything? Half of republicans won't go for that. None of the dems will.

You can't cut foreign aid or pbs 100 times over to pay for things. You'd have to gouge out either social security, medicare or military. None of those things are going to happen. Plus Trump wants spending for his wall and a trillion for infrastructure.

And all of that is before realizing even the republican base won't completely go for a tax giveaway to the rich.
    Well if he wants to raise the national dept more than Obama did, he has some big shoes to fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if he wants to raise the national dept more than Obama did, he has some big shoes to fill.
    Yeah, now we have to see if the ire matches or we get more of Obama/Hillary deflecting.

So rich will get richer? Hopefully I will earn more from my investments.

I wonder when 15% will be considered too much considering big corporations already pay well below that. Perhaps we should eliminate corporate tax altogether? Spend more on military?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    So rich will get richer? Hopefully I will earn more from my investments.

I wonder when 15% will be considered too much considering big corporations already pay well below that. Perhaps we should eliminate corporate tax altogether? Spend more on military?
    US has the 3rd highest corporate tax in the world, looks like the other countries need to step up!

If people would manage their money better they wouldnt need to rely on social security and medicare. Perhaps Millenials should stop buying $6 Starbucks coffees every morning. That would save $2190 ($109,000 over 50 years) per year just by not buying fancy coffee every day. They could also start cooking at home instead of always eating out at the trendy gastro pub. Invest in IRAs and 401Ks instead. Stop living paycheck to paycheck
    sure consumer spending being what, 75% of the economy, we should just grind that to a halt. No negative effects there. Just because you want them to save money, even though they pay for social security and medicare, you want them just to throw that away and save even more money.

that is some logic

- - - Updated - - -

US has the 3rd highest corporate tax in the world, looks like the other countries need to step up!
    3rd highest corporate taxes before all the deductions, write offs, off shoring, etc etc. the effective tax some companies pay are pennies on the dollar vs the actual corporate tax rate on the books.
    even the average effective tax rate of the sp500 is way lower then the tax rate.

On the trailing twelve months basis effective tax rate in 1 Q 2017 fell to 21.94 % for the sp 500. that's a far cry from the actual rate of 35/39.1%

top 50 companies in this country only 5 paid the actual rate because of additional adverse income they had to book this year

http://erikrood.com/Posts/tax_rates.html

In fact, a 2016 Government Accountability Office (GAO) study estimated that large profitable U.S. corporations paid an average effective federal income-tax rate of only about 14% in between 2008 and 2012, versus the much higher 35% advertised rate.

many companies already pay sub 15%.

No idea why these companies need to pay less taxes, what are they going to do with the money? invest? you think they were not already investing because of high tax rates? They are already sitting on 3 Trillion dollars they either won't or have nothing to spend it on, why do they need more? Shit apple has 300 billion dollars laying around, just what they need another 10-15% then they will finally invest and create jobs right? right?

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, presidents before him raised it either the same or at a much higher rate, like Reagan's 186% increase. its really not that hard of a thing to do.

few wars, mini depression, cutting 4 trillion in taxes, etc etc etc. bam another 10 trillion.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You just made Orlong explode
    I'm pretty sure he's been in a consistent explosion for years.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    shouldn't be punished via much higher taxes just b.c. you make more..
    I see it the other way, it doesn't punish those who have less.

I keep hearing some say lowering the tax rate would bring companies back to the US and create jobs here. Can someone provide a list of companies that would actually do that? Is it millions of jobs?

Is a company going to come back here even if the tax rate was zero when they're currently paying workers 1-2 dollars an hour somewhere else?

Even minimum wage jobs have 401k matching which is essence free money. This is a good way for someone that is young to start a nest egg and to carry momentum into a salary job with better 401k matching.

This notion that people in min wage jobs can't invest is misleading as it can be done.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2017-04-25 at 11:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fully expect the Don to use his real life business skills for the US Government. Spend money on credit then just not pay the contractors when time comes do. Tell people too bad. I mean, it's ridiculously brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    This notion that people in min wage jobs can't invest is misleading as it can be done.
    It depends on ones financial situation. For a huge number of Americans, that's simply not very feasible with their debt loads (student debt, car loans, mortgages etc.) and low wages. It sounds nice, but when you're figuring out which bills to pay off first each month on a limited income you're not really thinking about what you'll retire on in 30-50 years.