Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Minerva my sister in crime.

Still can't believe they dropped the ball like this and gave us another tank bodyguard, she should of been a DPS.

The main difference is that Koltira often interrupts mobs with Arcane Torrent while Minerva does not have an interrupt; other than that they both taunt and pop Anti-Magic Zone. If all you care about is DPS, take Minerva and switch her to the passive proc which is decent AOE damage.

Quote Originally Posted by valsharia View Post
    i have koltira as a follower, because he gives me 125 gold per world quest, however if i could transfer his gear to minerva i would in a heartbeat, because koltiras damage is shit and he has a habit of getting me either locked in combat, or causing mobs to evvade because hes standing in a stupid spot he wont budge from
    That's about the same for me. He gives 50 gold / 100 resources, though tbh I don't really need them. Might try Minerva for a while, just to see if she resolves the stupid aggro issues with Koltira.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm swapping over to Minerva. She doesn't exactly "tank" anything but she does taunt things left and right, she just can't hold it for very long. Plus she is "funny" to listen to as she bitches about everything (she is the DK version of Millhouse Manastorm), I'm sure it gets old eventually but then so does everything. Koltira is going back to running missions, or he might get replaced by some other follower.

I've not found any follower that valuable post the first few month of legion as I can generally take care of most things myself or with help in the WQGF addon. Once I have the gear I want on them I switch to the hall trait that grants me extra minions and just run the hell out of order hall missions. While the extra gold from doing WQs will add up over time there are more efficient ways to use your time and get more gold in all reality.

So it just depends on personal pref I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Honestly I just use rotgut for my combat follower, he's an on use so he doesn't aggro random things and really doesn't bother you at all, and the two listed are good for missions, much better then old rotty
    Yes, I use Rotgut as my combat follower as well. The on use is great and he isn't in the way when you do not need him

Deleted
    minervas, support role is actually pretty decent, fairly large aoe breath attack that hits for around 450k total on proc at i895ish

I've switched from bodyguards to Thassarian. Some random stuns and self-heal to brighten my day.
    "Always remember, in a land of fel infused ancient elves, the peasant with a good banish spell is king."

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    That's about the same for me. He gives 50 gold / 100 resources, though tbh I don't really need them. Might try Minerva for a while, just to see if she resolves the stupid aggro issues with Koltira.
    Tried her today, she's definitely less annoying than Koltira aggro-wise. She also holds much less mob attention, which is only noticeable when soloing the 60M mini-bosses on the Broken Shore.

10+ Year Old Account
    i use thassarian myself with 100or and 100gold/wq

i like his 25% leech he gives occasionally and he doesnt leave me in combat for ages like a certain bloodelf
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhardt View Post
    Yes, I use Rotgut as my combat follower as well. The on use is great and he isn't in the way when you do not need him
    I also used to have Rotgut but I always forgot to click his on use. Changed to Minerva in passive mode now which is a bit of a shame because Rotgut has a piece of legendary equip.

Koltira is needed ​for normal missions. 20% passive speed buff is really nice for those new 3 day missions.

Rotgut normally, but I'm leveling Meatball this way. Those purple orbs he throws give 10% damage bonus. They will stack if you can get him in combat quickly enough to have him spawn another.

Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    Koltira is needed ​for normal missions. 20% passive speed buff is really nice for those new 3 day missions.
    Wait what ? Did I miss such an obvious mount speed ? Or is that something else ? I didn't care about speed cauz I had the deathcharger most of the time for those WQs (Not anymore, flying mount is better now).

I always go with the gold. 125g+ is way too much gold to pass up. Bodyguards don't make or break anything anyway.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Wait what ? Did I miss such an obvious mount speed ? Or is that something else ? I didn't care about speed cauz I had the deathcharger most of the time for those WQs (Not anymore, flying mount is better now).
    I was talking about how he makes MISSIONS 20% faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I always go with the gold. 125g+ is way too much gold to pass up. Bodyguards don't make or break anything anyway.
    125g per WQ, and if a WQ takes 1 min to do, then in one hour you make 7500g. That's a lot provided you do 60 WQs/hour.

In one hour you can do anywhere from 3-6 old raids which have a very high return on gold. I average around 10 - 15k depending on drops/BoEs doing said 6 raids.

Personally, I'd like having followers do missions to get me AP/rep tokens (yeah extra caches!)/ the gold quests and use my time more efficiently to farm gold myself. But that's just me .

With about 4 hours of work on one character you can make anywhere from 25 - 50k gold doing old raids a week. It's server dependent to a degree. And the time spent is class/gear dependent, but I only do up through heroic raids on my DK so I'm not the most geared person/class in the world either.

Just food for thought!

Quote Originally Posted by VakeStorm View Post
    125g per WQ, and if a WQ takes 1 min to do, then in one hour you make 7500g. That's a lot provided you do 60 WQs/hour.

In one hour you can do anywhere from 3-6 old raids which have a very high return on gold. I average around 10 - 15k depending on drops/BoEs doing said 6 raids.

Personally, I'd like having followers do missions to get me AP/rep tokens (yeah extra caches!)/ the gold quests and use my time more efficiently to farm gold myself. But that's just me .

With about 4 hours of work on one character you can make anywhere from 25 - 50k gold doing old raids a week. It's server dependent to a degree. And the time spent is class/gear dependent, but I only do up through heroic raids on my DK so I'm not the most geared person/class in the world either.

Just food for thought!
    That's nice and all, but it's an opportunity cost analysis taken without the needs of the character. I don't run WQs simply for the gold followers give me, because I'm often using them to supplement other things. Like AP. If I'm going to be running them anyway, I'll take along my gold-generating follower. When I've cleared my targets, I'll put him back in the mission rotation until I'm out and about again.

the new girl talk to much and shout to loud, she is like the warrior dwarf annoying at last the belf keep it's mount shout
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.