Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Wish they would drain thousand needles. I loved that zone, always looked so cool from the top, and had a good skybox. Questing was a bit awful there, but I always did the zone because I liked it.
    The raceway quests were very rewarding for it's time, yet grindy but that's fine. Also hyena/centaur patrols. Horde had a few more quests like wyvern eggs and tauren related, but I did like the zone too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    The most forgotten zone are the ones that should be on this list but we can't even remember them to put on this list.

- - - Updated - - -

The WotLK mousepad doesnt even have Crystalsong on it, I think. It's missing an entire zone, maybe its wintersgrasp, I can't even remember which one, and I'm not at home to look at it to check.

Talk about forgettable!!
    Haha. I was going through all the zones of all the continents and was like, yeah crystalsong is pretty forgettable.
    Ironically, Wintergrasp didnt even cross my mind!!

10+ Year Old Account
    How people can forget zones I just can not understand. Sure, some zones are definitly worse than others, but come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Played since Classic and I think Loch Modan remains the zone I know least about.

Never leveled a midget race until CRZ had been introduced, which has driven me straight to the dungeon queues immediately upon reaching level 15.
    Loch Modan was destroyed in the Cata revamp. They broke the damn, and never fixed it. It wasn't an exciting zone, per se - but it was a good, solid leveling zone that was mildly interesting.

7+ Year Old Account
    - Badlands: Out of all the zones on this list, this is the one you really don't remember. It's location is simply so incovenient not even the most naïve noob will go there. To reach the zone for leveling you actually have to take a flightpath to it at the end of Eastern Plaguelands or the equivelant. It's most prominent stronghold is 'New Kargath', yeah...
    actually, there is a path into the zone without the EP path.

in the south of loch modan, and right above uldaman.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    If I were to describe the purpose of this thread I'd say there isn't one. Give it a purpose for yourself.

I'm here to remind you about zones you forgot even existed. Note: Most of these zones are forgotten in the sense that you didn't even develop nostalgic thoughts about them, good or bad. Desolace f.e. is memorable because it's a forsaken backwater.

- Feralas: This is one of those zones that's just kinda there. Like most zones I'll mention, it's geographic location is simply so incovenient you'd never even accidentaly enter it to reach your destination. It's a beautiful zone, but so forgettable. All I remember was Dire Maul, and even after the Cata revamp I forgot all about it.
    - Zul'drak: A sore eye of wrath, but not as sore as Borean Tundra. It has this ziggurat stairs design to it, but the zone itself is just so skippable. There's no need to even come close to it these days.
    - Townlong Steppes: Never has there been a more tedious tint of green. Dread Wastes was more memorable because it looked like Y'Shaarj puked on it and the quests were memorably unbearable.
    Townlong? I don't even. People will fly over it to get to ToT, but we all forgot it has like 4 islands of the coast that serve absolutely no purpose.
    - The Hinterlands: This one is a shame really. It's such a beautiful zone, but there's nothing there: Aerie Peak and a grove, most people won't even realise the significance of the two.
    - Badlands: Out of all the zones on this list, this is the one you really don't remember. It's location is simply so incovenient not even the most naïve noob will go there. To reach the zone for leveling you actually have to take a flightpath to it at the end of Eastern Plaguelands or the equivelant. It's most prominent stronghold is 'New Kargath', yeah...

A shame I guess. Putting Legion invasions there would've made more sense than Westfall or the Barrens, which are conveniently close to our faction capitals. A way to breath new life into them.
    Two things popped in my head while reading this horseshit: 1) You must have not played during vanilla, because if you had you would've have been in the Badlands almost every day; 2) You are most likely Alliance! Why? Had you been Horde, you would've have been in the Hinterlands a lot, same with Feralas.

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont think the badlands are really forgettable.

i mean, there is literally a massive dick print on the ground.
    you cant miss that thing, not even if you are blind.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Badlands at least the new one is notable because well the whole "Punch Deathwing in the face" thing came from there. ALSO, it is where the great Wrathion came about as well.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Searing Gorge was a really good zone for leveling if you knew your way through it, Burning Steppes was just about the best place for mining Thorium especially as most black dragon areas were camped by gold-farming hunter-bots.

- - - Updated - - -

It comes back to ¨Back in the days¨ when you need to do ALL zone to get to level 60.
    With that cockblocking quest to get the key for Searing Gorge or something like that.

Also I liked to level Mining and Herbs and go through those two place with some sort of alts on another server,

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Thousand Needles

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Suramar. The terrible pacing of it's questline made me forget all about why I was there, left it for a few months and only remembered it existed when I got a notification telling me to pick up my Paragon rep. Got the carpet, now I guess I'll never go there again!
    0/10

Pretending it isn't the most beautiful zone Blizzard has ever created is just trying to cause drama. I admit it was annoying to get through with their Metal Gear Solidish mechanics but the visual aesthetic of the zone will never be forgotten, not even by cynicals like you.

Tol Barad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Loch Modan was destroyed in the Cata revamp. They broke the damn, and never fixed it. It wasn't an exciting zone, per se - but it was a good, solid leveling zone that was mildly interesting.
    I'm still so mad about Loch Modann. It was one a very modest zone but had many cool locations.

Searing Gorge.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I've played since Vanilla so Badlands and Hinterlands are the two vanilla zones I remember the most. Saving Sharpbeak as a vanilla warrior? the whole Carrot on a Stick quest chain? I probably remember those zones most even over WPL.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Kalimdor:

Winterspring, haven't touched it in probably a decade, only remembered it was there when I glanced at the map.
    Feralas, I think I was here for loremaster & exploration during wrath.
    Thousand needles, explored it for the achievement, only remember it during the annual "thousand needles was destroyed" thread.

Eastern Kingdoms:
    Silverpine Forest, I'm not a hordie, so I don't think I ever touched it outside of the explorer achievement.
    Alterac Mountains, this is a zone? I thought it was only a BG!
    Burning Steppes & Searing Gorge, I believe I have blocked at the memories of those god-forsaken zones

Outland:
    All of it, I haven't touched Outland since LFG came out in Wrath, I refuse to level through questing 60-68.

Wrath:
    Zul'Drak, not much there, pretty dark/gloomy, and no reason to visit once LFG came out.

Cataclysm:
    None, all pretty great and memorable zones.

Mists:
    Krasarang Wilds, what was the actual point of this zone? I think Stormshield was kind of on it for a few weeks.

WoD:
    Frostfire Ridge, again, not a hordie, so I only explored it for flying.

Legion:
    None, all masterpieces
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Zones you (probably) forgot even existed
    FTFY - no need to thank me.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-04-25 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Played since Classic and I think Loch Modan remains the zone I know least about.

Never leveled a midget race until CRZ had been introduced, which has driven me straight to the dungeon queues immediately upon reaching level 15.
    Tbf, I think Cataclysm ruined Loch Modan in every way possible aside from maybe quest continuity. I used to love the Loch with its lake and the dam...

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    If I were to describe the purpose of this thread I'd say there isn't one. Give it a purpose for yourself.

I'm here to remind you about zones you forgot even existed. Note: Most of these zones are forgotten in the sense that you didn't even develop nostalgic thoughts about them, good or bad. Desolace f.e. is memorable because it's a forsaken backwater.

- Feralas: This is one of those zones that's just kinda there. Like most zones I'll mention, it's geographic location is simply so incovenient you'd never even accidentaly enter it to reach your destination. It's a beautiful zone, but so forgettable. All I remember was Dire Maul, and even after the Cata revamp I forgot all about it.
    - Zul'drak: A sore eye of wrath, but not as sore as Borean Tundra. It has this ziggurat stairs design to it, but the zone itself is just so skippable. There's no need to even come close to it these days.
    - Townlong Steppes: Never has there been a more tedious tint of green. Dread Wastes was more memorable because it looked like Y'Shaarj puked on it and the quests were memorably unbearable.
    Townlong? I don't even. People will fly over it to get to ToT, but we all forgot it has like 4 islands of the coast that serve absolutely no purpose.
    - The Hinterlands: This one is a shame really. It's such a beautiful zone, but there's nothing there: Aerie Peak and a grove, most people won't even realise the significance of the two.

A shame I guess. Putting Legion invasions there would've made more sense than Westfall or the Barrens, which are conveniently close to our faction capitals. A way to breath new life into them.
    feralas: anyone who played vanilla remember this zone, Dire Maul, the alliance boss that could be kited to orgrimmar, the isle who was a part of the scepter chain ton of content there back then.
    Zul'drak: probably best wotlk zone, great lore, great story a shame they scrapped gundrak raid
    Townlong: not an impressive zone home of the justice/valor vendor
    The hinterland: good zone with some interesting lore especially the pre cata one who had a deep connection with the dungeon in swamp of sorrow
    Badlands: uldaman, great farming spot for dragon welps and home of the best pet for hunters back in vanilla

some zone had their time into the limelight is just that some players never experienced it.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Lets do it by expansions

Least memorable in Vanilla: Desolace

Least memorable in TBC: tough, probably Zangarmarsh

Least memorable in WotLK: Crystalsong forest, people didnt tend to journey below dalaran

Least memorable in Cataclysm: Deepholm was probably my least favorite, Uldum is still very cool tho

Least memorable in MoP: Townlong steppes

Least memorable in WoD: Spires of arak for me

Least memorable in Legion: Aszuna probably

10+ Year Old Account
    Sholazar Basin is so forgotten, nobody even mentioned it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    The raceway quests were very rewarding for it's time, yet grindy but that's fine. Also hyena/centaur patrols. Horde had a few more quests like wyvern eggs and tauren related, but I did like the zone too.
    Omg, a poet!