Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    You were lucky. "Rares" are spawned by an item which drops from mobs. Although it'd be logical if a rare spawns every x% of killed mob overall HP/time passed on killing mobs, Blizzard, as usual in legion, spitted on the logic and put their pet RNG here as well. Also, 2 rares are not enough, you need either 3 rares or fight for elites which don't have 100% quest item drops.
    They drop 40-50 shards as far as we figured out in our guild. So once again, it's luck dependent. I clarified that in an edit that you missed .

Yeah, it's really bad.
    Even the selfie cam patch was better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    No, 7.2 and 7.2.5 are two different patches. Maybe you should read on Blizzard definition of Legion patching. And 6.1 had more content than 7.2 on release. And well, alone the fact that you've to compare 7.2 to basically the two other terrible patches is cringeworthy for Blizzard, because they aimed it to be one of the best patches. Thats how out of touch the devs are with this game.

Cant wait for the excuses of Ion Hazzikostas in his next Q&A. How they learned their lessons, etc just to continue fucking up.
    You're mistaken, 6.1 was the Twitter integration patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    This patch continues to be the worst one WoW ever had.
    Worse than 2.2 "Voice Chat" and 6.1 "Selfie Cam"? Really?

This might not have the most engaging world quest content, and the pace of its gating was really poorly thought out, but it's got a new dungeon, new zone, a new reputation with new rewards, and in the coming weeks a new raid and dozens of class quests that award new mounts.

It has content. That alone takes it out of the running for "worst patch ever." I'd say it's not even in the bottom half.

Next week we're going to have to kill 10 rares.

You have to be a casual if you think this patch has nothing to do. I've been playing some times close to 10 hours a day and I can't get everything I want to do done.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    You have to be a casual if you think this patch has nothing to do. I've been playing some times close to 10 hours a day and I can't get everything I want to do done.
    Are you familiar with the difference between quality and quantity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Targom View Post
    Comparing the new zones, Sunwell Isle and Timeless were both more interesting and made more sense from a wandering on the isle standpoint. The layout of broken shore was annoying and bad.
    I'd say 3/4 of Sunwell Isle was unused, whether that be in the dungeon/raid facade or the western half which was just completely empty. The timeless isle layout was even worse, in a way. It was more full, sure, but it was also more frustrating to traverse. The only way to access the entire upper half of the map was through ONE ramp up. And are you forgetting the charging elite yak men already?

New dungeon, I ran Cathedral once and didn't find it to be that interesting and there's no loot in it that interests me. Through nostalgic eyes, MGT was more interesting and had useful loot.
    Personal preference aside, the dungeon is there to do on heroic and mythic. The timeless isle patch had no dungeon.

Wait did I miss the raid in 7.2? Tomb is 7.2.5 and I could see the argument of including it in with the other 7.2 stuff if not for the fact that we will have 2-3 months of 7.2 before Tomb comes out. Honestly this is the biggest sticking point for me because I play wow for raid content, if 7.2 actually had a raid in it I probably wouldn't be so bored of legion.

Story progression, giving khadgar 1 nethershard sure didn't feel like progressing the story and I'm not sure how intriguing it will be to need to kill sentinax mobs for an item that apparently the legion will suddenly be carrying? Does that make any sense from a story standpoint? I've killed plenty of things under the sentinax and now suddenly there's a new item? oh joy of joys.
    On the timeless isle we gave kairoz 50 rocks week in and week out over and over again for 'story progression.' And on sunwell isle, like I said... there was no story progression, period.

That said, I don't think 7.2 is the worst patch ever, but I also think other people are greatly over-hyping the amount of meaningful content in 7.2. I was enjoying the early gated content but it feels like instead of splitting the content into 9-12 weeks it should have been 4-6 weeks.
    On that same token, though, players would equally be complaining that they had nothing to do if they just wiped out tomb of sargeras in the first week.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    "

Do i really have to cite the hundreds/thousands of postings on these very forums about "burnout" and "collapse of high end raiding"?
    Which has been happening since vanilla .... the AP system isn't to blame for the obsessive grinding, it if wasn't AP it would be something else because
    we all know hardcore raiding is about that last 0.01% dps increase ....

Its the hardcore mentality that causes the burnt out, and some people enjoy it but its not really surprising that people do burn out choosing to play that way.

And people always need a scape goat other then themselves to blame for doing it.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    This patch has a 20 min quest once a week if you are lucky. If you are playing 10 hours per day it has fuck all to do with this patch.

I fail to see what the difference is between how it is and how it could have been. The other option would have been for them to lock it behind rep and let you complete it as fast as you were able. (and THEN you'd sit on your butt for weeks with nothing to do waiting on the raid)

I don't know why people are getting so worked up. If you don't like doing it weekly, quit for a while and do it when you come back. (it's not rocket science)

I am absolutely thrilled that they're using this pacing.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Remember when you can go to QD/IoT/IoG/Timeless Isle and just spend hours just messing around? It didn't have much story either, but it had things to do, but it had rewarding content.

Broken Shore has no actual rares, no cool things like pets or toys, no cool treasures to collect, no fun things like the sunken pirate ship or a rare everyone wanted to run and do every time it was up like Huolon or the Whale.

It's just nothing, nothing at all.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Remember when you can go to QD/IoT/IoG/Timeless Isle and just spend hours just messing around? It didn't have much story either, but it had things to do, but it had rewarding content.

Broken Shore has no actual rares, no cool things like pets or toys, no cool treasures to collect, no fun things like the sunken pirate ship or a rare everyone wanted to run and do every time it was up like Huolon or the Whale.

It's just nothing, nothing at all.
    There are rares, there are treasures. There is the treasure room like TI. The world quests (aka Dailies) are actually fun. Saying there is nothing is just idiotic and insulting to anyone who actually plays the game. Don't get me wrong, 7.2 and Broken Shore has its flaws but saying there is nothing is just boneheaded and you probably are just bored of the game.

This terrible time-gating is the only reason I'm not coming back just yet. I would really like to experience the Broken Shore, but I won't support the way Blizz is handling content in Legion. They put time-gate after time-gate (from lore perspective it doesnt even make sense - you give Illidan the marks and he says 'ok ty come back in one week while ill just stand there'?) to keep people playing? Welp Blizz, your plan didnt work out. I'll just come back in last patch and experience it all in 2 weeks. I'll have more pleasure doing it so, i'll be more connected to the story (cause imo the time-gates disconnect the player from the story, you do one miniscule thing once in a week, feels like we are weaker and doing less than in old days) and spend as much as such content deserves. Maybe if they switched into the hourly subscription, but im not gonna pay for a whole month just so that i can do one short quest from main questline once in a week, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    There are rares, there are treasures. There is the treasure room like TI. The world quests (aka Dailies) are actually fun. Saying there is nothing is just idiotic and insulting to anyone who actually plays the game. Don't get me wrong, 7.2 and Broken Shore has its flaws but saying there is nothing is just boneheaded and you probably are just bored of the game.

The thing is there's no draw to them. The rares and treasures are just farm rep turnins and nethershards a little faster. They always contain a few legionfall war resources, some order hall resources (useless), 100-200 nethershards, usually a beacon, a minor AP token, and occasionally a dauntless or extra nethershards or a bit better AP token. Rares are locked to once per day, and treasures are locked to 100 per day (which few will ever hit). There are no rare pets, or mounts or toys, or just fun items. It's all just boring mindless currencies to facilitate increased reputation gains. The treasure room like that on TI is pretty limited. Once you get the pet and toy from there then it's just gambling for the sake of it.

The fact that invasions are the best, most reliable, lowest effort means of obtaining nethershards is an utter failure. You'd think the unique currency specific to this one little island would be easy to obtain by doing stuff on that island. But even that was heavily nerfed. They originally dropped from all mobs on the island (like timeless coins), but then that was nerfed. Then they nerfed sentinax farming many times. Now you just get your 3-4k per invasion per day if you can play during their window, and the new 7.5k from the command center every week, and that's it. If that's not a failure of a currency system, I couldn't imagine a worse one.

Hell, we've completed 9 of the 15 story objectives and nothing has happened yet. We've landed on the isle, and took defiance point, along with saying hello at the other two flight paths and that's basically it. The only thing on the broken shore that doesn't feel half-assed is the dungeon, and that's not without bugs either.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    I'm guessing that you had never been on the Timeless Isle of you can say the Broken Shore as any of what I listed, because it doesn't. That is empirical fact, it does not have what I listed.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK logged in, flew out... but the only thing that drop marks are elites. 1 mark per elite. Why in hell would I farm Sentinax long enough to see 100 elites spawn...and I'll need more because some will get tagged, so say 150 elites.... for 38gold and 2.4m AP? Does this lead to something awesome or is it as lame as it seems?

I'm just stumped by the lack of quality in this quest line. At least the 7.1 quest line, while gated felt like you were learning more and making progress each week, but so far with the 7.2 quest line it just feels like its overly stretched out with just random chores. I mean what was the point with the nethershard we gave to Kadgar last week, I thought we would get an answer this week but nope. I get that there's world quests and invasions and a new dungeon but quest wise this patch seems to be horribly spread out/paced. At least we alliance players got a small questline to develop Anduin some more. I really think they should of gone the final fantasy 14 route of here's your story quests for this patch, do them at your own pace, no time gates, it would make the quest line more engaging and memorable that way.