Those still looking for a Switch, check the best buy website often, they sell out pretty quick but I got one about 15 days ago.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

15+ Year Old Account
    Just played through Blaster Master Zero over the weekend. Very fun game and if you'll played the original on NES, you know what to expect. For those who have never played the original, its like Metroid, but with the side view portions done primarily in a vehicle and dungeon view reminiscent of old Zelda games. You switch back and forth between the vehicle and Jason throughout the game and get a ton of fun upgrades.

Has nintendo apologized yet for releasing a console that can't even run it's own game at 1080p yet?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Has nintendo apologized yet for releasing a console that can't even run it's own game at 1080p yet?
    I'm sure they will apologize as soon as MS does for Ryse/Dead Rising 3 not running at 1080p, and Sony for Killzone Shadowfall not running at 1080p.

This is the worst bait attempt ever, plenty of criticism for the Switch to have none of which is some arbitrary resolution number. If Naughty Dog wanted to push their visuals even further we could see PS4 and PS4 pro games below 1080p even.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-04-25 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I'm sure they will apologize as soon as MS does for Halo 5 not running at 1080p.

This is the worst bait attempt ever, plenty of criticism for the Switch to have none of which is some arbitrary resolution number. If Naughty Dog wanted to push their visuals even further we could see PS4 and PS4 pro games below 1080p even.
    I'm a PS guy myself, and I give play station plenty of shit when they deserve it. And not running in 1080p isn't cool, but they ended up releasing a console that could so it works.

That said the switch was released 3 years after the PS4 in a time period where all consoles are pushing for 4k at the minimum let alone 1080p.

That aside zelda lags hard in every resolution except on the switch at 720. Not really sure that's justifiable at 900p in 2017.

I'm a PS guy myself, and I give play station plenty of shit when they deserve it. And not running in 1080p isn't cool, but they ended up releasing a console that could so it works.

That said the switch was released 3 years after the PS4 in a time period where all consoles are pushing for 4k at the minimum let alone 1080p.

That aside zelda lags hard in every resolution except on the switch at 720. Not really sure that's justifiable at 900p in 2017.
    The PS4 had a first party launch game in Killzone Shadowfall not running at 1080p.

Your bait it out dated, it's actually running pretty good a few patches later. Try harder next time.

Also LUL at "4k at minimum" yea, I can count the PS4 Pro games running at actual 4k on a single hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Or there are fans wanting certain things from nintendo and keep feeling let down. I was all set to preorder and get this on launch, then i herd of the lack of features and lack of launch games, and even the lack of a launch VC and now im pretty much waiting a year + to see if it gets a library and or the things it should have launched with.
    Same. It's a shame too. There's still a ton of them in stock where I live, even the neon colored one, but, can't get myself to buy one since I had a Wii U and all I've really wanted was Zelda, and they had a huge stock of that too.
    and then he cupped my balls...

The PS4 had a first party launch game in Killzone Shadowfall not running at 1080p.

Your bait it out dated, it's actually running pretty good a few patches later. Try harder next time.

Also LUL at "4k at minimum" yea, I can count the PS4 Pro games running at actual 4k on a single hand.
    That's why I said pushing 4k. Everywhere you look 4k is becoming a new standard, kind like 1080p used to be. But the question is why if everyone else has their eyes to the future, does Nintendo fall back onto 900p. And lastly, why does everything have to be bait with you? It's like a trigger word or something.

If the patches have fixed Zelda finally then bloody fantastic Zelda deserves to run well everywhere. I haven't gone back to play since launch as I can't be bothered to buy the Switch yet. I'd look into a switch pro maybe, but considering it's not in stock anywhere and there's no games for it really then I think it's better to wait off.

No damn console runs games at 4K. You need Titan Xps to manage smooth framerates with that resolution.

Hell, PS4 and XBone struggle with 1080p.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    No damn console runs games at 4K.
    The PS4 Pro does run a handful of games at native 4k, like I said. It's not common but it does happen. Scorpio probably won't be running every game at native 4k either, but will do more then the Pro does.

So yes, technically they are running games at 4k. Not every game, but some.

But like I said, resolution numbers is the dumbest argument there is. You could make a game so graphically intense the PS4 Pro would have to run it at 720p if you wanted. Resolution is not the only thing taken into account in graphics, otherwise PS2 remasters would be looking the same as modern games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    No damn console runs games at 4K. You need Titan Xps to manage smooth framerates with that resolution.
    Missing the point. Also, the 1080ti is doing 4k fairly reliably. XP is just icing on the cake.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fun games > resolution.

Fuck, I still love playing SNES, MD, MS and NES games, and they are 240p. Resolution means shit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

Fuck, I still love playing SNES, MD, MS and NES games, and they are 240p.
    256x224 actually, lol.

Not to mention a lot of people buying switches have been playing the 3DS with it's terrible 240p for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Fun games > resolution.

Fuck, I still love playing SNES, MD, MS and NES games, and they are 240p. Resolution means shit to me.
    i didnt know its not possible to have both, is this the secret to being a nintendo fanboy?

statements like this proof how the gaming world would be better without nintendo

Quote Originally Posted by Nmkyungri View Post
    i didnt know its not possible to have both, is this the secret to being a nintendo fanboy?

statements like this proof how the gaming world would be better without nintendo
    You can have both, but it's better to have better gameplay (which includes decent framerates) than resolution.

Seems like you're pulling numbers out of your ass since Rockstar reported over 70 million months ago and the PC version isn't even close to 12 mil according to steamspy. http://steamspy.com/app/271590

- - - Updated - - -

Your rockstar knowledge is even more lacking them typical. Even the GTAIV servers are still up and running. GTAV servers ain't going no where.
    Those are the latest ones on vgcharts
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Those are the latest ones on vgcharts
    Which add up to complete bullshit based on the 70 mil number rockstar reports. Just even more proof no one should ever be getting their sales numbers from VGchartz ever. They are the definition of an ass pull site.

Uhhhh, I'm just gonna ignore all this sales stuff, GTA V on PS3/360 ran at 720p so it is conceivable for it to run on the Switch in portable mode. The big feature that PS4/Xbone/PC had (other than better graphics) was first-person mode which I can almost guarantee you wouldn't happen on the Switch. The real victory of getting GTA V on the Switch would be mostly symbolic. After refusing when Rockstar offered to try putting GTA V on the Wii U, it would show Nintendo actually, finally, really IS trying to work with third-party developers and not just blowing them off (not in the good way) when they offer to port a game to their console.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    GTA V on PS3/360 ran at 720p
    It also ran at sub 20 fps when driving. People who think Zelda has bad performance should go back and check out GTAV on last gen, it's not pretty.

The PS3 and 360 held back GTAV quite a bit, those versions would have never existed had rockstar not been the geniuses they are with milking double and triple dippers by staggered releases.

I also highly doubt rockstar ever offered to port GTAV to the Wii U or that Nintendo refused it. Sounds like some hack job rumor or PR spin thrown out by rockstar. Have you actually looked at the Wii U library? Zombie U is a brutal gory game, ports of CoD and AC, Bayonetta and Devil's Third published by Nintendo, Fatal Frame V. Yea, the myth that Nintendo would refuse a game that could make them money is just that... a myth. Nintendo gives no fucks if your game is an M anymore and publish graphic games themselves.

Rockstar didn't show the Wii U any time of day because there was no real money for them to make there. Notice how they did try to enter the Wii market with Bully and Manhunt 2, where they saw a large install base blooming. Rockstar is not in the market of charity work, they're about selling a shit load of games.

GTAV is unlikely on the Switch even if it continues selling well simply because most developers under the Rockstar name are no longer working on GTAV(and they no longer out source any ports) they're all working on RDR2... which would likely have to be HEAVILY compromised to work on the Switch and probably won't happen.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-04-25 at 11:59 PM.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is reportedly running 1080p 60FPS according to Digital Foundry. Compared to the original version on the WiiU that ran at 720p and a really wierd 59fps.

Such a weird number, but it was locked at 59 rather than 60 due to a glitch. Some people can notice it on faster turns and such since the frame is quite literally MISSING where it should be, but most didn't notice. Switch version fixes this glitch. Note: for the most part the game is graphically the same on WiiU and Switch (much like BotW) save for better resolution and the FPS bug fix. There are some other minor changes but nothing major like updated models or textures.

Now I know what you are thinking: "But MK8 is a WiiU game ported over!" Yeah...you are right. And so is Breath of the Wild, so really both games are on equal footing here in that regard.

So yeah...Nintendo not having problems with 1080p. BotW just seemed to have some weird kinks about it. Personally I feel it is more the games engine itself, and less the Switch console, that is holding BotW back performance-wise.

DF Video on MK8eluxe:

As for all this GTAV stuff: I could, theoretically, see it running on the Switch at 30+FPS. 60FPS? Not likely, but 30fps 720p even 900p? Easily. Remember the Switch is stronger than PS3 and 360 were, so it will run it better than those did (but worse than PS4/XBO). Basically I could see it as a better version of the last generation version of the game. Same visuals as PS3/360, but more solid framerate and possibly a better resolution, though not on par with the other consoles.
    Last edited by Keile; 2017-04-26 at 01:28 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.