10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    The Armour Piercing portion of damage is always applied, while the remaining non-AP damage is reduced by armor. So a unit with AP is just as effective against unarmoured enemies.

Anti-Large means they deal additional damage to large units. Charge Defense (and Charge Defense vs Large) negates the charge bonuses of the charging unit.

(The above is correct to the best of my knowledge)
    the glaive infantry has anti-large but no charge defense in description. but one youtuber (zerkovich) said it actually has charge defense. so how is it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    do armor piercing units deal less dmg to unarmored ? is it actually counterproductive or do they do full dmg ?

does wood elf glaive infantry actually have anti-large defense ? it says they are effective against them, but not defense

both questions come from one video where it was implied it can be like that
    Yes they do full damage, but they are inefficient for low armored targets.

AP usually does less damage than non-AP and attacks slower.

They will kill them all the same, but not as fast as non-AP units would have in the same situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Adding onto the above, for example (made up numbers):

A non-AP unit might do 35 damage and attack every 5 seconds. An AP unit might do 30 armor piercing damage and attack every 7 seconds.

So shooting the same low armor target, the non-AP unit would be doing more damage faster. Vice versa, against a heavily armored target the AP unit would be doing almost its full damage, while the non-AP unit would have a significant portion of its damage reduced by the armor.

the glaive infantry has anti-large but no charge defense in description. but one youtuber (zerkovich) said it actually has charge defense. so how is it ?
    Someone on the internet might be wrong? Tell me it aint so!
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Non AP units are fairly useless with the exception of range (crowssbows etc). So basically, Most non-ap units are only strong/good against t1 units which don't have much AP themselves. Longbeards for example won't deal much damage... but they hold the line extremely well.

Even 30 armor is enough to reduce non AP dmg significantly.
    And Wildwood Rangers have charge defence against large inside forests... and additional antilarge damage there too.
    Asrai Spears have Charge defence everywhere.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-04-25 at 08:07 PM.

Don't trust the unit descriptions! Look at the stats!

The text above stats ("Anti-Large", etc.) does NOT show abilities. It's a common misconception that newer and even older players seem to have. For example, some units are shown as Anti-Large despite them not having really great Anti-Large bonuses. While some other units have pretty good Anti-Large bonus without that description. So, instead hover over the units stats for detailed tooltip to see the actual numerical value of Armour-Piercing, Anti-Large and so on...and compare units with that knowledge in mind instead of looking at the unit descriptions. They are only there as a rough guideline.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Don't trust the unit descriptions! Look at the stats!

The text above stats ("Anti-Large", etc.) does NOT show abilities. It's a common misconception that newer and even older players seem to have. For example, some units are shown as Anti-Large despite them not having really great Anti-Large bonuses. While some other units have pretty good Anti-Large bonus without that description. So, instead hover over the units stats for detailed tooltip to see the actual numerical value of Armour-Piercing, Anti-Large and so on...and compare units with that knowledge in mind instead of looking at the unit descriptions. They are only there as a rough guideline.
    Yeah. For instance Orc Big'uns are a pretty good anti-large unit, but their unit tooltip only says ''bigger n' arder'' to stay flavorful.

Best way to know unit stats is to dive into them. And also know that Anti-Large (and Anti-Infantry where applicable) adds itself to a unit's attack and damage done. So for instance a unit with 10 damage, 20 attack and +10 anti-large would have 20 damage and 30 attack when attacking a Large target which is a substantial damage boost. This is why these tags can be so powerful.

i cant complete leonceur quest where im asked to send a paladin to arden forest region. i do it and nothing happens.

also hippogryphs suck, they are slower than pegasus so completely missing the point of flying harassment unit.
    in general flying cavarly is bad, worse than ground graal knights where im supposed to charge in and get away alive.
    Flying cavalry is very powerful if you use them the way you're supposed to. Hippogryphs can be used to decimate an enemy mounted lord for example, can also break infantry squads and have a brutal charge. Pegasi, especially the royal pegasi are the most devastating anti large unit in the game. Can drop a shaggoth on the charge.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2017-04-25 at 09:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Even 30 armor is enough to reduce non AP dmg significantly.
    And Wildwood Rangers have charge defence against large inside forests... and additional antilarge damage there too.
    Asrai Spears have Charge defence everywhere.
    where does it say so ?
    so i know where to find it for the future

Deleted
    Unitcard - at the very bottom. Passives, traits and skills are listed there.

I don't remember what the Wildwood Ranger passive is called, but its a greenish symbol that says something along the lines of:

Aura

Affects: Self
    Disabled if: not in forest

Effect: Charge defence against large
    +8 anti large.

a bit unrelated but...
    It's really important to read these correctly, for example - the scarecrow banner says:

-4leadership -8melee attack

but it also says

Affect enemies in range:30 m
    Target: Flying

or something like that, which means it'll only reduce the morale and attack of flying units.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-04-25 at 10:34 PM.

Chelly
    TW sale.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/c...on_sale_total/
    Some warhammer DLC deals too.

I hope that Mazdamundi wont be hijacked by neonazis, forcing GW to kill him.

Oh wait, they did kill him already.

Very nice, Kroq-Gar and Grymloq looks awesome.

Unmounted Carnosaur at 1:58. Armys of T rexes confirmed.

Deleted
    I was late to the first game, I won't be late to this one, can't wait for Lizardmen.

Looks so good. If only they would pick up 40K so we could get some sweet large scale battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    how do u deal with literal chaos cancer ? 150 turns into the game where i have achieved something and it all just gets ruined and out of control.
    and i especially dont want to fight chaos when all this fucking race is chariots and marauder horsemen

Deleted
    Chaos don't have any ranged units except for Marauder Horsemen and the Hellcannon, just build a gun line and wreck them from a distance.

how do u deal with literal chaos cancer ? 150 turns into the game where i have achieved something and it all just gets ruined and out of control.
    and i especially dont want to fight chaos when all this fucking race is chariots and marauder horsemen
    Just defend at your fortified cities with 2-3 army stacks and use Lightning Strike to weaken their armies one by one. Unless you have a major advantage. Then just kill them with brute force.

PS: Chariots are weak against heavy cavalry (preferably Anti-Large). Horsemen also have easy counters.
    Last edited by chooi; 2017-05-16 at 06:33 PM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    any mods u guys can recommend ?
    just recently downloaded mod that improves existing items, makes them a bit stronger and adds new effects like poison and magic attacks, reworks rarity.
    also adding more significance to follower, adding debuffs but having stronger benefits at the same time.

anything like that ?