Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    how did keto work out for you? jw .. ive tried a few times but man i love carbs it seems
    I lost 35lb in about 8 months which is actually not that crazy compared to some other people. But to be fair I was pretty lenient about it and if I was more disciplined I could have lost a bit more I think. Alcohol + Keto isn't the best but I made it work somehow lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Almost tempted now, just for the challenge...
    now i want to watch someone eat a block of lard!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    now i want to watch someone eat a block of lard!!
    Seconded, someone PM Shoenice or LA Beast.

Refried beans and pie crust are the only two places I know of that require lard.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Refried beans and pie crust are the only two places I know of that require lard.
    don't forget yukon gold potatoes sliced into fries.

Only time I use it is when I am making homemade tamales.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Considering we cooked everything in lard up until about the 90s, yes. EVERYTHING tasted better back then.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post

thats awesome Rich lol.

When I lived in Peru for a couple years (2005 - 2007) I used Lard when making brownies. The locals have never heard of brownies before, and I loved to bake this for them! I just used it in place of vegetable shortening (like Crisco). Yumm!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Considering we cooked everything in lard up until about the 90s, yes. EVERYTHING tasted better back then.
    But did it really?

Personally, I find - and always found - lard pretty disgusting. I mean, I generally don't really cook with oils and fats because I hugely dislike it, but lard is another level of "nono".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istenno View Post
    As fats go, lard is actually one of the healthier and better ones to cook with. You generally won't find it in most grocery stores, as it carries a stigma still from the days where we thought all fat = cholesterol and all cholesterol = horrible for you. You should still be able to get it from specialty meat shops.

I have a butcher that saves me pig fat, which I routinely then render down in a slow cooker/crock pot and save to jars. Lard is AMAZING to bake with.
    This. Lard is pretty much the best thing you can ever fry stuff in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    But did it really?

Personally, I find - and always found - lard pretty disgusting. I mean, I generally don't really cook with oils and fats because I hugely dislike it, but lard is another level of "nono".
    Aren't you a vegetarian? Of course you hate lard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I'm not opposed to fat, I'd just much rather eat a lot of something that tastes great as opposed to eating the same amount of calories condensed into a block of pure fat.
    You don't eat lard. You fry things in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Aren't you a vegetarian? Of course you hate lard.
    Yeah, but even before that I hated it.

Deleted
    When searching for "lard" I get some paste-like thing. Never seen that.
    Pig fat is available in meat stores. But it looks more like this

I'm not really a fan of pork. But people here seem to enjoy that stuff regularly.

Beef pot roast fried in lard: core out the center of a round roast that is all done up in twine with a nice fatty rind on the outside, pack the center with salted bacon, fry in lard alongside carrots, potatoes, and onions. Superb! Grandma's recipe...

Your welcome.

Deleted
    Sounds disgusting, is this an American thing? Never heard of people frying food in the fat of an animal.

I only use it when making tamales.
    I am not a Republican or a Democrat..... I just hate Trump with a passion. If he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

Thanks, now I'm gonna have to make homemade fries. But fried in Olive oil and topped with Sea Salt!