Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Why do you feel the need to nation bash unprovoked in a wow subscriber thread?
    It was a comparison. I like America. ._.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Your point was that casual content would bring more players. I disagreed.
    wtf, lol dude learn2read.
    You said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yes if they stop catering to casuals, which is what the current playerbase is now (<4mio).
    To which I replied with:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    You mean like they did in WoD? That was a huge success.
    Nowhere did I argue that casual content would bring more players. It was a direct counter to your argument. Your argument came first - everything I've said since then is refuting that point. If you want to discuss this further, please let me know how exactly catering to hardcore would bring WoW back to millions of players, when WoD failed so spectacularly (even though it was directly catering to that group of players).

Note: I don't give a fuck about casual players. I just find your stance of "returning to hardcore glory" ridiculously delusional.

Deleted
    Never again

Deleted

doubtful
    too many games out there now
    people have short attention span
    need instant rewards
    i tried getting back into the game when legion dropped, i didnt even make it 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    wtf, lol dude learn2read.
    You said:

To which I replied with:

Nowhere did I argue that casual content would bring more players. It was a direct counter to your argument. Your argument came first - everything I've said since then is refuting that point. If you want to discuss this further, please let me know how exactly catering to hardcore would bring WoW back to millions of players, when WoD failed so spectacularly (even though it was directly catering to that group of players).

Note: I don't give a fuck about casual players. I just find your stance of "returning to hardcore glory" ridiculously delusional.
    Well... opinions I guess.

I think the WoW fanbase got the idea since WoD.
    New expansion with a great cinematic, not living up to the expectation of the cinematic.

Remember that Grom cinematic . ¨We will never be slaves... but we WILL be conquerors!¨
    There you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombria View Post
    This is not a matter under Blizzard's control. The entire context of computer gaming has changed: a different mix of people plays, on different kinds of devices, in different life circumstances. No MMO of WoW's sort is ever going to have that many subs again, because people will be playing other stuff.
    It could if the game goes back to its roots a bit more. This "new version of WoW" with Ion "Doesn't Play His Own Vision" Hazzikostas leading the developers isn't working out too well.

PS: To people saying WoW 2 would fix it, what about the players who still play and don't want to lose literally everything they've done for the last 12 years? WoW 2 would kill my interest quicker than anything else, unless it actually transferred my years of achievements, mounts, titles, mog, etc.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-04-25 at 11:07 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    This, Warcraft will never have a shot in hell of seeing 13 mill subs again unless we get a new release... Expansions won't cut it, and this game desperately needs a refresh.

Give us Warcraft 4, and then WoW2... The Starcraft 2 Trilogy is done being developed, now is the perfect time to set the RTS team on the next Warcraft game.
    I'd agree with this. WoW 2 could be a big time jump, like 200 years after the end of WoW 1. Warcraft 4 explores what happens in the interim.

WoW 1 would of course be maintained for bug fixes and such, but no new content.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

The only reason WoW is surviving is on the backs of the original systems. Every new thing they've introduced has made the game progressively worse. I would not trust the current team with a WoW2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    The only reason WoW is surviving is on the backs of the original systems. Every new thing they've introduced has made the game progressively worse. I would not trust the current team with a WoW2
    Then get a different team.

A lot of what is also holding WoW down is "old systems"... Things they are likely too afraid to remove right now that have been in for too long, which the game might be better off without.

Fresh starts let them go at it with no preconceptions of what the game should be (like they must do with expansions, attempting to maintain a lot of what once was), and just make the game the way they feel it should be, wholly, from scratch. It won't fail, simply because it's Warcraft.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-04-26 at 12:02 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

They had their best opportunity to gain large amount of subs with veterans coming back to the game when WoD launched and subs reached 10mln once again. They failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it was never 13 million in tbc
    He knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    It could if the game goes back to its roots a bit more. This "new version of WoW" with Ion "Doesn't Play His Own Vision" Hazzikostas leading the developers isn't working out too well.

PS: To people saying WoW 2 would fix it, what about the players who still play and don't want to lose literally everything they've done for the last 12 years? WoW 2 would kill my interest quicker than anything else, unless it actually transferred my years of achievements, mounts, titles, mog, etc.
    i really dont understand why Mike Morhaime decided that a lawyer, i.e. Ion Hazzikostasmillions, is the right person to decide how to develop a highly complicated video game that needs to be appealing to so many personality types for an extended period of time. If you need an ambulance chased, call a lawyer, if you need WoW the cash cow to continue making billions you hire the most talented, hungry, developer out there since you can pay him top dollar with what you are making off it. Now though the income is dropping so fast that there are new predictions about what the bottom is for subscriber numbers in WoW.

Nope, but a drop to 1.3M is quite likely. At some point it's just going to level out at a consistent point I think, prolly between 1 and 1.5M subs. WoW isn't dead or dying, but its glory days have passed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dumb question. Really.

No it won't.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Simple question, will WoW ever see 13 million subs again like it had in WoTLK?
    No, not with this current dev team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Is there anything that Blizzard could do to get 13 million subs again?
    Get rid of the current dev team.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Get rid of the current dev team.
    I quite certainly do not agree with many of the decisions of Blizzard's current team but it's extremely unlikely a full stop removal of the resident developers will do much of anything other than further alienate players.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the MMO genre in general will never see the level of appeal it once had. It's all MOBA and FPS/Survival games these days, just a quick glance at Twitch will give you a general idea of what people are playing.