Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Many ppl in Cata for some reason thought when Thrall helped the Aspects with the Dragon Soul taking Neltharion's place but it was only temporarily. He didn't literally become the Earthwarder. After Deathwing died, it was over.
    Well, first boss in Hour of Twilight instance, Arcurion says "You are a fool if you think to take your place as the Aspect of Earth, Shaman!" , but that doesn't mean Thrall actually became one. Because that would mean if Thrall were the new Earth Warden = Leader of the Black dragon aspects. Which is not true at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Because that would mean if Thrall were the new Earth Warden = Leader of the Black dragon aspects. Which is not true at all.
    Wouldn't say that the two titles are mutually exclusive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    So... what did happen? It's says at the hour of her third death, which means shortly after/at the same time.

Nothing happened.
    its not elisande.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    its not elisande.
    I know, I'm just asking why he thinks he meant her.

Personally, I believe it's Azeroth herself.

1. Well of Eternity,
    2. Cataclysm,
    3. Event we don't know yet which will bring forth N'zoth

That "Event" will obviously happen when the "raven" turns the "keys".
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-04-25 at 11:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wait, what???? Since when was Thrall the new Earth Warden? I thought only titans could grant creatures of azeroth the power of Aspects.
    during cata he temporarily stepped in as the earth warder.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    Wouldn't say that the two titles are mutually exclusive.
    "Neltharion was originally the mighty black wyrm chosen by the titan Khaz'goroth to be one of the five Dragon Aspects, with domain over the earth and the deep places of the world." Sounds to me it kind of does, but I guess Blizzard can change anything at any given time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    during cata he temporarily stepped in as the earth warder.
    "formerly known as Neltharion the Earth-Warder, was one of the five Dragon Aspects and leader of the black dragonflight. Neltharion was empowered by the Titans with dominion over the earth and the deep places of Azeroth." Who empowered Thrall, a orc shaman to step in as Earth-Warden? This just sounds ridicilous to me :/

Oh well, I give up. I just hope Blizzard scratched the idea of having Thrall as Earth-Warden and just let him walk away like Chris Metzen did.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wait, what???? Since when was Thrall the new Earth Warden? I thought only titans could grant creatures of azeroth the power of Aspects.
    Fixed this in the original post because, as Aeluron points out below, it was only a temp job

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Many ppl in Cata for some reason thought when Thrall helped the Aspects with the Dragon Soul taking Neltharion's place but it was only temporarily. He didn't literally become the Earthwarder. After Deathwing died, it was over.
    See also:

Well, first boss in Hour of Twilight instance, Arcurion says "You are a fool if you think to take your place as the Aspect of Earth, Shaman!" , but that doesn't mean Thrall actually became one. Because that would mean if Thrall were the new Earth Warden = Leader of the Black dragon aspects. Which is not true at all.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Was it revealed anywhere that Murozond was specifically Old God corrupted? I don't recall if the source was ever revealed, although considering Deathwing and Malygos I wouldn't be at all surprised. And that would feed in with the Old God's efforts to hamstring the Titans greatest weapon against them, turning them against Azeroth and letting Azeroth's defenders take them out.
    This is pulled from the in-game Adventurer's Guide:

Now living outside of time, Murozond was once the great Dragon Aspect Nozdormu the Timeless One. After the titans showed him his own death, the tormented Nozdormu was tricked by the Old Gods into trying to subvert his mortality. As a result, Nozdormu shattered the timeways and created the infinite dragonflight... jeopardizing the very future of Azeroth.
    But to your point re: the OGs seeking to undermine the power of the Aspects over all these years, I think you're absolutely right. I mean, who do we even have left anymore?

Nozdormu and Alexstraza are the only living members of the original 5 Aspects. Kalecgos is steward of the Blues but not an Aspect himself. Malygos, Neltharion, and now Ysera are all dead. The combined powers of the Aspects were once thought to be the only thing that could stand against the Old Gods and the Void, but now they're out of the picture so...
    Last edited by vondevon; 2017-04-26 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I know, I'm just asking why he thinks he meant her.

Personally, I believe it's Azeroth herself.

1. Well of Eternity,
    2. Cataclysm,
    3. Event we don't know yet which will bring forth N'zoth

That "Event" will obviously happen when the "raven" turns the "keys".
    its not azeroth.
    and crater is jaina.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Nozdormu and Alexstraza are the only living members of the original 5 Aspects. Kalecgos is steward of the Blues but not an Aspect himself. Malygos, Neltharion, and now Ysera are all dead. The combined powers of the Aspects were once thought to be the only thing that could stand against the Old Gods and the Void, but now they're out of the picture so...
    Kalec WAS the aspect of Magic but the end of Cata all the aspects lost their big super powers. They still lead the big parts of Life,Time and Magic but they're more mortal now.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    This is pulled from the in-game Adventurer's Guide:

But to your point re: the OGs seeking to undermine the power of the Aspects over all these years, I think you're absolutely right. I mean, who do we even have left anymore?

Neat!

And as Aeluron Lightsong, the Aspect powers were expended during the battle with Deathwing, so even if more of them had survived, it doesn't matter. The Old Gods essentially manipulated the planet's ultimate defense against them into misfiring against itself. Clever buggers.

Could the Lord of Ravens not be Odyn? In traditional, real mythology, Odin has a strong association with ravens, does he not?

In WoW, this association seems to be weaker, but I believe still present? I recall hearing that one class, rogues maybe?, are harassed by ravens in the zone because the class order stole something from Odyn or his fellow keepers? I might have that wrong though.

Regardless, as soon as Odyn is free of Helya's curse, he muses that he may go visit his keeper brethren in Ulduar, since he hasn't seen them in many years. Note that Ulduar is not fully purged of Old God influence, as when we went to meet Magni, those faceless ones attacked us. Previously, all the keepers within were corrupted by Yogg'saron. So could it stand to reason that Odyn, not yet exposed so directly to that corruption, could be influenced by it and, at some crucial moment, engineer the entrance of the Old Gods?

Granted, I think the Medivh / Khadgar angle is a strong possibility as well, just the more obvious one.

Don't forget the 7.2.5 stuff too. Ra den getting a "new" model free of any scars and Wrathion visiting the obsidian dragonshire. And chromie scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Though I like the speculations, there's nothing we can really speculate on that hasn't already been. 7.2 brings no lore or any big steps to the table, besides Anduin finally becoming Manduin and the advancement on Kil'Jaeden.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I have a serious mistrust of Xe'ra, and I believe it may not be as forthright or "good" as it otherwise appears to seem.
    I doubt she has much more to do with the story. According to her, her last act in the service of the Light was resurrecting Illidan in the Nighthold. In the quest "Awakenings" she says: "When our work is complete, I will be lost to the Great Dark."

I do understand why people feel that she is untrustworthy - she tells us she needs to prepare his soul, then in the quest Destiny Unfulfilled she says (in every scenario) that we were the ones that needed preparation, not Illidan's soul. Yet, despite THAT, she did wind up holding Illidan's soul, and transferred it to his body in the Nighthold anyway.

However, I doubt we'll be seeing her again. Her core hasn't appeared since the Nighthold, and we haven't heard from her again. It doesn't seem like she'll be needed, because Illidan, Khadgar, and Velen are already leading the charge into Legion territory with all their powers and knowledge.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I doubt she has much more to do with the story. According to her, her last act in the service of the Light was resurrecting Illidan in the Nighthold. In the quest "Awakenings" she says: "When our work is complete, I will be lost to the Great Dark."

I do understand why people feel that she is untrustworthy - she tells us she needs to prepare his soul, then in the quest Destiny Unfulfilled she says (in every scenario) that we were the ones that needed preparation, not Illidan's soul. Yet, despite THAT, she did wind up holding Illidan's soul, and transferred it to his body in the Nighthold anyway.

However, I doubt we'll be seeing her again. Her core hasn't appeared since the Nighthold, and we haven't heard from her again. It doesn't seem like she'll be needed, because Illidan, Khadgar, and Velen are already leading the charge into Legion territory with all their powers and knowledge.
    I agree, her role in the story seems finished - but the outcomes she set in motion are still having their effect, and it's unknown what exactly those could be. On the surface of things the resurrection seems on the up and up, but Xe'ra's monologuing and her subtle recasting of events in TBC (inadvertently casting aspersions on her fellow Naaru like A'dal and Xi'ri) automatically got me wondering about her motives. Perhaps it will all amount to nothing - that seems to be the direction we're heading, but I'm still wary. Perhaps Illidan's body and soul have had influences plied to them which makes him a possible host for Sargeras against his will in 7.3 when we travel to Argus. Perhaps the Legion has a lever to somehow suborn him and turn him against Azeroth. Perhaps none of those things, but we'll see what happens.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I agree, her role in the story seems finished - but the outcomes she set in motion are still having their effect, and it's unknown what exactly those could be. On the surface of things the resurrection seems on the up and up, but Xe'ra's monologuing and her subtle recasting of events in TBC (inadvertently casting aspersions on her fellow Naaru like A'dal and Xi'ri) automatically got me wondering about her motives. Perhaps it will all amount to nothing - that seems to be the direction we're heading, but I'm still wary. Perhaps Illidan's body and soul have had influences plied to them which makes him a possible host for Sargeras against his will in 7.3 when we travel to Argus. Perhaps the Legion has a lever to somehow suborn him and turn him against Azeroth. Perhaps none of those things, but we'll see what happens.
    If Mythic Nighthold is considered canon, Illidan has already been possessed by Sargeras - or at least a portion of him. However, we drive that out of him. It's entirely possible that Sargeras could do so again. There are certainly fishy things about Light's Heart, but it seems more plausible for me that she was simply a catalyst for Illidan's return, and a more solid location for the Army of the Light. With everything that's happened, it wouldn't surprise me if she was evil all along, though.

As for the Il'gynoth quote originally, I always assumed it was referring to Azeroth itself.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Gul'dan calls Anduin a "boy-king".

It's obviously Anduin. Idk why people keep saying Wrathion (he's not even a king).

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimensius View Post
    Gul'dan calls Anduin a "boy-king".

It's obviously Anduin. Idk why people keep saying Wrathion (he's not even a king).
    "Boy-king" is a pretty common epithet for a younger monarch - that both Gul'dan and Il'gynoth might use it to refer to young rulers isn't really an absolute connection in my view. I also can't think of any incidents where Anduin has lied to us, whereas Wrathion has told outright lies, lies of omission, and half-truths at almost every turn between Cata and Legion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dimensius View Post
    Wrathion calls himself the Black Prince.

And he's a big fan of half truths and not telling you his full plans, hence the part about lies makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably amount to nothing. Blizzard far as I know doesn't do "OH GUYS HERE COMES A TWIST111" That said I do suspect maybe Xe'ra had a different role when Legion was being developed in the early stages.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi