Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    power, running water, indoor plumbing...
    people working+ 70 hours a week to blow their money on a 'lifestyle'
    access to medicines and commdities
    people earning pointless college degrees
    skypeing family to wish them well
    shit mentality of getting over on a "sucka"
    instead of trying to fix shit - bettering what we have - we have perverted it, and that is why this planet needs to fucking be tossed into the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Because US conservatism holds inequality and castes as gospel in their ideology. Antebellum south is where the modern conservative movement was born. Strict adherence to the politically and economically powerful minority, dissent is met with brutal violence and death, and the creation of alternative facts to brainwash the uneducated subjects in their states to believe and support their vision for a white supremacist continental slave empire.
    a) im a liberal
    b) i live in EU
    c)keep dreaming its only conservatives who point out lazy people that they are lazy or that only they dont agree with so wide social help to lazy
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-04-25 at 05:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    a) im a liberal
    The great thing about the internet is people can claim whatever they want.

c)keep dreaming its only conservatives who point out lazy people that they are lazy
    What your supposedly liberal mind isn't grasping is the difference between equality of income and equality of opportunity. Which a real liberal would understand and acknowledge. Yes, lazy people are lazy, but they should have the same access to opportunities as anyone else regardless of their race, gender, socioeconomic status, etc.

If they choose to not take any of those opportunities then no real liberals would expect that they should be wealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If he wasn't wrong then you'd be able to show the middle class growing...o but you actually still believe in the nonsensical belief that people don't want to get out of the ghetto..because what? It's easier to work 2-3 jobs to make ends meet? And that's assuming that such crime-ridden areas don't take the usual toll....
    You and several others have no grasp of common sense...It's like half the country is a complete mystery and you have to make shit up to justify some shitty narrative.
    being criminal is easy - and most of them have it in blood - if grandpa was a thief and dad was a gangster then it runs in blood. simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    So who were we supposed to vote for?
    Uhh Bernie Sanders. A man with a plan to reduce inequality.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Sovereign debtors dont necessarily all need jubilees. Greece probably does the united states doesnt. The focus of the jubilee is largely to clear private debt burdens.
    The problem is that a jubilee without fixing the underlying disequilibrium is a literal delaying tactic. The short of it is that Germany and China need to focus some of their investment on domestic consumer demand and countries like the UK, US, and some parts of the EU need to focus some of their investment on domestic production. Germany and China are already unwilling to play ball, though Germany more than China at this juncture, so unless the US uses some of its muscle as the global hegemon to force a new equilbrium upon China and Germany (and to a lesser extent Japan) there's not going to be a resolution that doesn't end in serious crisis.

Of course. We're a plutocracy and the corporations are fucking us over every chance they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Still refuse to answer the question...with facts.
    That's ok.
    I already knew you couldn't even if you actually tried.
    (Had you done the research you would have learned. I'm sure you'll come around when you finally accept the truth)
    You are so butt hurt, I think I'm going to leave you alone... right after I remind you that this forum is informal communication and not a place of structured debate. You're being foolish to expect that, but then, your comment didn't follow those rules either so I guess we all know how insecure you are in your position. You may go ahead and have the last word.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the saying 'The rich get richer, the poor get poorer' still applies today just like it has since the beginning of civilization. Shocker. Gonna keep going too. Right up until we hit a point where we either A: Go extinct or B: Fully automate manufacturing, reach the stars and tap the near limitless supply of resources in space. At which point 'wealth' won't mean a damned thing because jobs will have ceased to exist and we'll all just have whatever we want and use our free time to pursue hobbies like art, music, gaming...

So basically right up until we obliterate ourselves in a few thousand nuclear flashes.

And it will keep getting worse as long as Trump is president. He doesn't give a crap about middle or lower income folks. Those who thought he did and voted for him on that basis, were scammed, imo.
    I am not a Republican or a Democrat..... I just hate Trump with a passion. If he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will never get better. Equity leads to Utopia, but Utopia is bad for profits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    The problem is that a jubilee without fixing the underlying disequilibrium is a literal delaying tactic. The short of it is that Germany and China need to focus some of their investment on domestic consumer demand and countries like the UK, US, and some parts of the EU need to focus some of their investment on domestic production. Germany and China are already unwilling to play ball, though Germany more than China at this juncture, so unless the US uses some of its muscle as the global hegemon to force a new equilbrium upon China and Germany (and to a lesser extent Japan) there's not going to be a resolution that doesn't end in serious crisis.
    The jubilee is more of a sugggestion for.private.debt and theirs quite.a bit of history behind it. Ancient socities realized.that debts tended to outstrip the ability of economies to pay. Debts approximate a geometric curve while agricultural production tapers into an s curve. Since most debts were owed to temples the debt was easily forgiving, in fact it was miztvah to do so.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    It will never get better. Equity leads to Utopia, but Utopia is bad for profits.
    It's better in other developed nations. The US is 3rd world level of bad in terms of income inequality.

Universal basic income. It will placate the poor to not turn on the rich and allow all parts of their lives to be monitored.

Quote Originally Posted by Artarist View Post
    Universal basic income. It will placate the poor to not turn on the rich and allow all parts of their lives to be monitored.
    how exackly ?

like i pointed out in few other threads people keep mentioning "univeral income" as something which will save people - but reality will most probably be that such income will provide only enough resources so you dont die from hunger nothing more - people living of it will live in ghettos , eat shit food and live shitty pointless lives

where did the notion came that if most of population wont work you will have decent living standards with it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    You are so butt hurt, I think I'm going to leave you alone... right after I remind you that this forum is informal communication and not a place of structured debate. You're being foolish to expect that, but then, your comment didn't follow those rules either so I guess we all know how insecure you are in your position. You may go ahead and have the last word.
    Meaning; "I won't answer the question because I can't, so /ignore"
    Easier and honest since really, no info that you could possibly produce will show inequality getting better.

The only times when things got better for everyone was after things hit the shitter in a big way. The Great Equalizer; Catastrophe

The pressures of total war became a uniquely powerful catalyst of equalizing reform, spurring unionization, extensions of voting rights, and the creation of the welfare state. During and after wartime, aggressive government intervention in the private sector and disruptions to capital holdings wiped out upper-class wealth and funneled resources to workers; even in countries that escaped physical devastation and crippling inflation, marginal tax rates surged upward. Concentrated for the most part between 1914 and 1945, this “Great Compression” (as economists call it) of inequality took several more decades to fully run its course across the developed world until the 1970s and 1980s, when it stalled and began to go into reverse.

This equalizing was a rare outcome in modern times but by no means unique over the long run of history. Inequality has been written into the DNA of civilization ever since humans first settled down to farm the land. Throughout history, only massive, violent shocks that upended the established order proved powerful enough to flatten disparities in income and wealth. They appeared in four different guises: mass-mobilization warfare, violent and transformative revolutions, state collapse, and catastrophic epidemics. Hundreds of millions perished in their wake, and by the time these crises had passed, the gap between rich and poor had shrunk.

-------------------

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Oh no! What should we do????
    Pay fair wages. If a company is paying someone working full time less than they need for basic living (roof over your head food and clothing at the least) you are not a smart business reducing your cost, you are a leech abusing your employees.

Unfortunately with minimum wage in most of the US below this level a lot US companies make their profits abusing their employees.

However we also note that not all people that can't make ends meet can blame low income. It's painful to see people on welfare with a boatload of children. If you cannot afford to care for children, do the responsible thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aybar View Post
    Pay fair wages. If a company is paying someone working full time less than they need for basic living (roof over your head food and clothing at the least) you are not a smart business reducing your cost, you are a leech abusing your employees.

Unfortunately with minimum wage in most of the US below this level a lot US companies make their profits abusing their employees.

However we also note that not all people that can't make ends meet can blame low income. It's painful to see people on welfare with a boatload of children. If you cannot afford to care for children, do the responsible thing.
    Or the people on minimum wage could start doing stuff making them worth more money.
    Supply & Demand. I can find 200 people that are good enough to flip my burgers in a day if I opened a McDonald's in any town/city in the US.

If you're on min wage then you're likely working two jobs already just to keep afloat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Or the people on minimum wage could start doing stuff making them worth more money.
    Supply & Demand. I can find 200 people that are good enough to flip my burgers in a day if I opened a McDonald's in any town/city in the US.
    Supply and demand is what you apply to a commodity or a service. Applying this to labor (i.e people) is inhuman and barbarous. Selling, buying, trading and using people as one would a bushel of wheat used to have a name. It was called slavery.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.