Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will class fantasies ever happen.

Not saying that they are not Ingame but I would love if class fantasies would come true In legion beta demonology warlocks could summon inquisitors and dreadlords the only class fantasy that I like is the fact that this expansion's paladin spells have a paladin like fantasy to them which really makes me wish. i could roll a paladin

For hunters I would have to say nope.

Devs have zero clue what a hunter class fantasy looks like. ZERO.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post

Oh no, they know perfectly well how class fantasy is for hunters. Rexxar is the perfect example of a beast master....oh..they know how to do class fantasy for npcs...yeah they dont know anything for players.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I feel bad for demo locks. Spec could be so cool, but instead they summon some little dogs to attack people. Hunters are pretty bad all around as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post

I mean what is a hunter class fantasy? I feel like all three specs are way too different for them to ever nail down with a general class fantasy. Their fantasy for MM is a lone sniper type ranger/sharpshooter. Survival is obviously a huntsman sort of guy who goes out into the wilderness and can survive off the land. Somebody who is good at laying traps, hiding in the trees, making animal friends.. Sorta like Rexxar I think. Pretty sure he fights in melee with his pets. And then BM is for girls since they love to collect pets... Okay I'm joking. Not sure what BM class fantasy is even.

Im filling the demo fantasy... I got a wrathguard, grimoire: felguard, a fuckton of imps, two dogs, deathglare, doomguard or infernal, the artifact skull, Im riding a demon, got a demon companion out enlarged by a biscuit and I got a toy that puts an imp on my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Oh no, they know perfectly well how class fantasy is for hunters. Rexxar is the perfect example of a beast master....oh..they know how to do class fantasy for npcs...yeah they dont know anything for players.
    Rexxar is more like survival than BM

This entire expanion is the Paladin class fantasy, killing demons and saving the world.

Best expac ever 10/10- IGN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    And then BM is for girls since they love to collect pets...
    Funny you should say that, my girlfriend mains a BM hunter for that very reason. She also plays a panda because they're "cute".

As a paladin, I feel pretty fulfilled. I do wish the protection artifact was more interesting and I really wish I could kick all these fake Highlord posers out of my order hall though.

Also, something other than an over-designed horse for my class mount would've been dandy, thanks.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

From the Classes I've played its very much alive. This includes Paladin, Monk, DK, DH, Priest, and Druid.

Only thing I'd say is to not go looking for it. Realize that what they are trying to do is create differences between classes. This is done via the orderhall, the artifacts, the dialogue around the world based on your artifact, and the class specific NPCs and world quests on the Broken Shore.
    Its also done by spells and play style iterations but that is not the main thing to be worried about there.

A lot of topics in this game leave people disappointed because they think they didn't get what they were expecting, but as with this one, you are just overlooking it. Its all around you, and absolutely more vibrant than any other expansion.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    Funny you should say that, my girlfriend mains a BM hunter for that very reason. She also plays a panda because they're "cute".

As a paladin, I feel pretty fulfilled. I do wish the protection artifact was more interesting and I really wish I could kick all these fake Highlord posers out of my order hall though.

Also, something other than an over-designed horse for my class mount would've been dandy, thanks.
    damm how did you get a gamer girl?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taygames View Post
    Not saying that they are not Ingame but I would love if class fantasies would come true In legion beta demonology warlocks could summon inquisitors and dreadlords the only class fantasy that I like is the fact that this expansion's paladin spells have a paladin like fantasy to them which really makes me wish. i could roll a paladin
    ....Then roll one?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    ....Then roll one?
    I can't they take too long to level and the boost is like 60 dollars

10+ Year Old Account
    Internet dating and low standards. Jk, honey.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Just because one plays WoW doesn't make them a gamer girl. My girlfriend played WoW and she was really, really bad at it, despite being an intelligent person. Any advice I gave was just "killing the fun". lol

She did get pretty good at Fallout 4 though.

I'd love if my Rogue could make some questionable choices (or just evil ones), but alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Rexxar is more like survival than BM
    So wheres survivals multiple pets? He is a beast master, most of clan are beast masters.. IDK what blizzard was smoking to make survival the melee spec. But it should have been Beast Master. Which is my point, that they dont know what they are doing with class fantasy for players. The definition of survival, is not picking up a spear and charging the thing thats trying to kill you. It's to stay away from it. Survival has a lot of slowing traps..why? your targets is in melee range because you are.

Beast masters are supposed to have a bond witht heir animal. Some bond sending it into battle while you stand 40 yards away yelling orders at it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Spec fantasies have been realized. Every spec I've played (which is every DPS spec and most tanks) thematically play like they're supposed to. Class fantasies need a bit more work, but I don't think Blizzard is too far off.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Just because one plays WoW doesn't make them a gamer girl. My girlfriend played WoW and she was really, really bad at it, despite being an intelligent person. Any advice I gave was just "killing the fun". lol

She did get pretty good at Fallout 4 though.
    You still didn't answer how did you get a gamer girl?

You still didn't answer how did you get a gamer girl?
    Dating website. They sit in their house all day being anti-social like the rest of us.

Sure just roll a toon on Moonguard. Kek
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.