10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to say "fuck it" and go all in for the big overhaul. Quick summary:

i7 7700k
    Asus Z270F mobo
    Gskill 16gb DDR4, 3200mhz CL14
    Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti
    500gb Samsung 960 Evo
    Windows 10 Pro

Not looking forward to carrying $3000 NZD of stuff on me while walking home from work at 7pm.

But on the plus side, public holiday tomorrow and lots of time to build + install stuff!

Side note: that RAM is going to leave my Noctua D15's secondary fan literally 3mm from the side panel, if my calculations are correct. I really, really hope my calculations are correct >_<
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2017-04-24 at 03:55 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    First of all, holy shit, it's been forever. Please tell me your sig is out dated.

Second: as a reference card, I could only do so much with it, it ran hot, it was loud, and I really can't afford it atm. I'm going to wait for the Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme variant, but probably still hold off. I'm intrigued to see if Volta comes out this year.

And frankly? Even at 3440x1440, for the games I play, my gtx 970 is plenty.

Still, I made sure to tell my Micro Center salesdude how kickass mine was with overclocking. It truly was a monster. Now if it could do that but cooler and quieter? I'd appreciate that.

Also, kind of intrigued to see what the Pascal refresh 20 series cards will be like, to boot.

fair enough with a return policy like that i guess it would be fun to just play with it

and yeah the sig is way outdated

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I wonder why I bother reading comments section.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    lul what happened Remboo
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    lul what happened Remboo
    Bored, decided to read some random comments on AT. It's quite amazing how many people don't read the posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bored, decided to read some random comments on AT. It's quite amazing how many people don't read the posts.
    Anandtech?
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anandtech?
    Yup .

And frankly? Even at 3440x1440, for the games I play, my gtx 970 is plenty.
    Just out of curiosity, what is your threshold for "plenty?" I ask because there is obviously a need / desire for more powerful cards, and I'd think that 3440x1440 would be getting up there, with 90+ fps (though this could run into a CPU bottleneck as well) or 4k monitors being more demanding.

Well, you did said you read them because you were bored, not because you were looking for an engaging and thoughtful exchange with fellow tech nerds. You should've known what you were getting yourself into. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Anandtech?
    And here I thought that it was Ars Technica.

I ended up picking up a Nexus 6p. It is funny how big a .5 screen size differnce makes. I did not think that it would be this big. I put on a Dbrand skin on it(I went with black and a little yellow accents), and threw on a bumper skin to help protect.

My old phone just had 16gbs of memory....Now my new one? It did not have a sd card slot, so I went with the biggest available memory. 128GBs! No longer will I have to uninstall apps to update anything! No longer will I have to move pictures to my computer! MWHAHAHHA! All the memory space shall be mine!

...Anyways I am really digging the finger scanner, it makes things so much easier, but it seems that it only works for one finger? I am also in love with USB C, I thought it was annoying that I had to buy new cables but....I no longer have to fiddle with the cable to get it in the right fucking spot! Also the shit stays plugged in, it takes a good amount of force to unplug it, though ti may vary among cable and cable age? The front facing speakers at the ears is pretty nice, the sound quality wasn't bad, highs weren't bad, I'll have to test the lows later.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    Well, you did said you read them because you were bored, not because you were looking for an engaging and thoughtful exchange with fellow tech nerds. You should've known what you were getting yourself into. :P
    True, still... all the regret, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    My old phone just had 16gbs of memory....Now my new one? It did not have a sd card slot, so I went with the biggest available memory. 128GBs! No longer will I have to uninstall apps to update anything! No longer will I have to move pictures to my computer! MWHAHAHHA! All the memory space shall be mine!
    Then you fill it up with random shit cause you got more space and need more again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just out of curiosity, what is your threshold for "plenty?" I ask because there is obviously a need / desire for more powerful cards, and I'd think that 3440x1440 would be getting up there, with 90+ fps (though this could run into a CPU bottleneck as well) or 4k monitors being more demanding.
    You must understand, while I do play on a rather large resolution, my current active game portfolio consists of the following games:

Path of Exile
    Civilization VI
    WoW: Vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

lol whatcha guys think?

https://www.lifecoachcode.com/2017/0...-our-universe/

Someone just shared this to my, likely most spiritual friend on Facebook... Or you could say, MOST WOKE INDIVIDUAL. lol
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tiny build for my dad
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!AjbnSw1WCgqshG5dGxAHPrPLCozU
    Gigabyte H270N-WiFi
    8GB G.skill 2400MHz CL15
    In win Chopin case
    Noctua L9i
    i5-7500
    Crucial MX300 525GB m.2 format
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-04-25 at 11:43 PM.

Then you fill it up with random shit cause you got more space and need more again.
    Everything past 65k is just excessive. Who needs more than that?

Kidding aside, it's always funny how fast memory (disk space) can disappear into the ether. It's one thing I'm more likely to overspend on because playing hdd Tetris gets old fast.

You must understand, while I do play on a rather large resolution, my current active game portfolio consists of the following games:

Path of Exile
    Civilization VI
    WoW: Vanilla
    Oh definitely, what you play is just as important as resolution and frame rate. Since quitting WoW, I've been working through my Steam backlog, intentionally pushing back some of the newer games because I feel like my 680 wouldn't be able to do them justice. Rise of the Tomb Raider being one of them. I was so impressed with the reboots graphics, I don't want to have to play the sequel on lower settings.

Man, I'm not really a fan of how some of these urls can't be deciphered from gibberish. I swear, these shortened urls trigger all my "warning, suspicious url, do not click" alarms. Even if I recognize them as a link forwarder (like tinyurl or t.co), I still don't like not knowing whats at the other end. Yes, some have a preview function, but you have to also know how to access them.

----------
    edit

Oh, and speaking of missing owning vs renting software... Microsoft Will Block Desktop 'Office' Apps From 'Office 365' Services In 2020
    Last edited by Alindra; 2017-04-26 at 05:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I'm not really a fan of how some of these urls can't be deciphered from gibberish. I swear, these shortened urls trigger all my "warning, suspicious url, do not click" alarms. Even if I recognize them as a link forwarder (like tinyurl or t.co), I still don't like not knowing whats at the other end. Yes, some have a preview function, but you have to also know how to access them.
    The issue with one drive is uhh... this is the link, granted I forgot the forum shorts it down.
    https://u9puja.by3302.livefilestore.com/y4pxN-tI2NsWSx4W8cffQChPln8426wlGNsIJ-9xkK_QUcTxrLtIeL_DrrsPhW1GEQbG7sCShxTD60jeSonG3-LmdvTKw14yDTc7_dyaGoGH5wu3MS5ZQPkCZEaP14nVyTQfeCZbWexYaW_IKpNUS4CzAk9aBwUrJ4DaXrU0rpKryGL_ BUUa2PYiYa6hl6vaLF0l6ELTgujq6vd8z-IPteLtw/DSC_0048.JPG?psid=1
    https://u9puja.by3302.livefilestore....048.JPG?psid=1

The issue with one drive is uhh... this is the link, granted I forgot the forum shorts it down.
    https://u9puja.by3302.livefilestore.com/y4pxN-tI2NsWSx4W8cffQChPln8426wlGNsIJ-9xkK_QUcTxrLtIeL_DrrsPhW1GEQbG7sCShxTD60jeSonG3-LmdvTKw14yDTc7_dyaGoGH5wu3MS5ZQPkCZEaP14nVyTQfeCZbWexYaW_IKpNUS4CzAk9aBwUrJ4DaXrU0rpKryGL_ BUUa2PYiYa6hl6vaLF0l6ELTgujq6vd8z-IPteLtw/DSC_0048.JPG?psid=1
    https://u9puja.by3302.livefilestore....048.JPG?psid=1
    Sweet mother of...! That's not better! lol

Seriously, though, u9puja.by3302.livefilestore.com? That still looks sketchy as hell.

I'm not saying I don't trust your links, I trust that you're not linking malware or anything, it was just me griping about it in general. You just gave me a good excuse / example.

Also, that reply speed is impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just refreshed after a video, lol.
    Yeah, microsoft is weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever since putting the GTX 970 back into my system I'm getting really bad screen-tearing when scrolling down Google Chrome.
    "A flower.

Kidding aside, it's always funny how fast memory (disk space) can disappear into the ether. It's one thing I'm more likely to overspend on because playing hdd Tetris gets old fast.
    Have you tried with GOATs rather than HDDs?
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.techpowerup.com/232756/s...b-illumination

Soon, your case shall be made up fully of LEDs. No metal or anything, just LEDs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever since putting the GTX 970 back into my system I'm getting really bad screen-tearing when scrolling down Google Chrome.
    Did you try this fix?

The solution is to go to chrome://flags and DISABLE "Smooth Scrolling". I did that - all full screen tearing problems instantly fixed.
    Also there may be some option for hardware acceleration, toggle that and see if it fix anything.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze