Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you usually miss us players being weak at the start of an expansion

At the start of legion it took us a long time to kill a single rare and it required a group now you can solo most of them do you usually miss when we are weak and have bad gear? Or do you prefer when we are powerful?
    Enough threads for me today

we are too strong right now. This is how we should be at the end of an expac

Quote Originally Posted by Taygames View Post
    At the start of legion it took us a long time to kill a single rare and it required a group now you can solo most of them do you usually miss when we are weak and have bad gear? Or do you prefer when we are powerful?
    Well this exact reason was part of why they tried to do the mob scaling with ilvl thing, and based on the reaction the community had as a whole about this you already have your answer.

As to personally? Idk, I go both ways. I like it more when I don't just 1-2 shot things, but at the same time I don't like spending any more time doing world related content than I need to.

The game is at its best during the leveling process, so my answer is yes.

no i like being able to overpower mobs in the wild, it's really boring when to do a wq you need to wait for someone to tag along or a dungeon take 40 min.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Don't think I ever needed to group up for rares in Legion.
    Pulled half the zone and AOEed it down from the start and I still do.

no, it comes way to late in the expansion. lets just look at the proof of what players like better shall we?
    wotlk-overpowered pretty much half way through-best expansion due to subs.
    WOD-stupid wait for this wait for that excuses and it was cluster fuck drop of subs....

op YOU may like it, thats fine.
    to me, i dont like playing a game for a year to get my toon to a "stable" level. wow has NEVER been that game and it never should be. apart from vanilla, wow is not like EQ or FF or anything. trying to model it that way is fuckin ruining the game imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    no, it comes way to late in the expansion. lets just look at the proof of what players like better shall we?
    wotlk-overpowered pretty much half way through-best expansion due to subs.
    WOD-stupid wait for this wait for that excuses and it was cluster fuck drop of subs....

op YOU may like it, thats fine.
    to me, i dont like playing a game for a year to get my toon to a "stable" level. wow has NEVER been that game and it never should be. apart from vanilla, wow is not like EQ or FF or anything. trying to model it that way is fuckin ruining the game imo.
    Uh... those two things don't correlate at all. Also, the Wrath power gain was significantly smaller than the power gain of future expansions.

The reason wrath was so successful was that it was just in the right place and the right story. Everybody wanted to see this expansion about Arthas and the game had been growing since it launched. It also had a lot of completely optional and useless stuff that you could for literally no reason other than to do it. Raiders had the choice of logging in only to raid and doing nothing else with the rest of their time or they could alternatively do something fun like a quest chain out in the middle of nowhere. You didn't need to log in and farm for AP, Apexis dailies, or anything else that they have nowadays.

No. Currently, there are no peaks & valleys to leveling; I remember when named mobs used to be a problem that couldn't be solved with minimal neuron activity. One day I'll make this right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    we are too strong right now. This is how we should be at the end of an expac
    We aren't at the end of the expack, we are at the halfway mark, there are still 2 raids left to be introduced, Tomb of Sargeras, and whatever is on Argus in 7.3... and despite Blizzard making the world scale with Ilvl, we still feel too strong already, at this rate by the end of the expansion we will be nearly one shot killing random mobs with basic resource builder attacks like Backstab and Crusader Strike.

This game desperately needs linear scaling, this exponential scaling has gotten way out of hand... In just heroic gear right now we have well over 4x the HP we hit 110 with, and do like 6-7x the damage, never before has scaling gotten anywhere near this out of hand in one expansion.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-04-26 at 07:25 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    We aren't at the end of the expack, we are at the halfway mark, there are still 2 raids left to be introduced, Tomb of Sargeras, and whatever is on Argus in 7.3...
    That's why the guy you replied to said "we are TOO strong right now"

I agree that world content being so extremely trivial is boring. I prefer doing world quests on a low geared alt because i actually have to be a bit mindful about what i do instead of just running through the world oneshotting everything. World content shouldn't be dark souls level hard, obviously, but a bit of a challenge is nice.

I was excited about the world scaling. Too bad blizzard fucked it up with the "remove gear to be stronger" thing, then decided to scrap the entire idea because of the outrage.

Most RPGs I have played in the past decade have had some sort of scaling and even in the case of there being old trivial content there is still a base percentage of health and damage to keep players from outright trivializing the content and still be concerned with dying. I enjoy when character progression is more focused on abilities and stats influence on how abilities behave.

I prefer content to still be engaging. The content does not have to be challenging to be engaging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, yes, I do miss so. And you weren't that weak, you just needed an extra level, just like in previous expansions. As soon as you get to 101, things got smoother.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's the opposite. At a start of an expansion, I miss running through packs of 80 mobs and not flinching. I miss seeing "Group quest" on a quest suggesting five people and laughing in its face because I'm so super cool. Who wants difficulty? I want to pummel through everything using brute force, and then AFK in town at the most visible spot possible to make sure everybody walking by can see how super shiny my loot is.

Yes I really enjoy that everyone is pretty much equal, because no one had enough time to get way ahead of others. And I like doing heroics like they are "end game". It's simple yet interesting. Has a good pace.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think it's just perfect the way it is now, mob scaling with ilvl would be just dumb, we work our way to get geared for a reason, so that we can enjoy being op and stronger..

It's like working hard and then when you're about to get paid lots of money so you don't have to work again, you say no because you like to remain poor and work hard.

Deleted
    I think it's fine as it is.

It's fun having to think about how and where to approach target's from for a while but after a couple of months it becomes tedious and annoying and blazing through everything is more fun.

No, it's the part about xpacs I really do not like. Especially when you do old content you realize quickly how weak you are compared to what you were at the raid equipped end of the previous xpac, secondary scaling hits like a truck then.

I honestly do, minus the classes that seem to always do poorly at the start of the expansion due to scaling issues.

The solution would be to scale things more slowly to keep content challenging over the expansion, give it some more meaning when you reach the end tier and you're godlike and can mow down masses of enemies with ease. As it stands we're in the beginning of an expansion, we haven't even reached the usual middle tier raid and I already feel broken as hell.

I really do feel like there's a lot of merit to the feeling of progressing incrementally and that the small upgrades may not be noticeable power increases on their own but gradually add up to a final tier where you cast spells or use abilities blazingly fast and can stomp elites that used to give you pause without a second thought. It feels like it's all been traded for fast, cheap feeling of "progression" that feels like an expansion's lifespan shortened to half a year.

For my main I wouldn't mind the mobs being a little bit more resilient. But my god that would suck on alts. The moment when you just hit 110 is freaking horrrible , a small group of mobs can be deadly no matter how swell you play.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig