Deleted

Season 3, episode 5 (of 6) releases May 2nd

only 1 more episode after this until the season ends. New expansion after?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. I was expecting this one to be focused on the dragons. Who knows, maybe it is. Its supposed to be bigger than the previous episodes and the story is definitely pointing to an expansion Limited beta, they are still on their old timeline of client releases (October). So we shall see if an expac comes put this year. A lot of new models have been datamined and HoTs price has been decreased.

And was that Scarlet's voice I heard? It sounded a lot like Scarlet, her VA at the very least.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Finally got past the roadblock I was at in chapter 3 and am working on chapter 4. God I wish all the HoT zones were designed like the LS zones have been, they're infinitely better than the initial 4 zones in every way. Really not looking forward to needing to going back to try to clear out those zones for experience/mastery points/completionist in me.

Still not terribly impressed with where the story is going/how it's being handled in HoT/S3, but at least the content is pretty fun so far. Getting back into the game a bit as of this weekend, so this is pretty awesome timing for chapter 5.

So I'm guessing they're going to be doing this release, 2 months, then probably try to do 2-3 months before releasing the expansion. Here's hoping they actually hit these targets.

The amount of content that's been released over this timeframe is pretty interesting. It's been a year and this is how much the game has to show for it. If only they hadn't gone with the LS1 model for what, 2 years?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    So I'm guessing they're going to be doing this release, 2 months, then probably try to do 2-3 months before releasing the expansion. Here's hoping they actually hit these targets.

The amount of content that's been released over this timeframe is pretty interesting. It's been a year and this is how much the game has to show for it. If only they hadn't gone with the LS1 model for what, 2 years?
    Because now the leader is more reasonable Mike is great person and he knows what he does, i like the policy to not talk about shiet that is not ready, better focus on delivery. Ofc the hype is hurting, but the ppl disappointment is lowered to minimum. I think GW2 players are happier now than ever before. Don't get me wrong, Colin is a nice guy, but definetly he was not doing a good job as a game director after the release. I hope they will stick the the system they have applied of delivering the content.

Being that things on FF14 are finally starting to wind down prior to Stormblood...maybe, just maybe I'll get around to GW2 stuff at some point.

So the new map is in Ascalon, or in the Maguuma Jungle? The beginning made me think it was Ascalon, but the jungle creatures suggested that we were heading back to the jungle. Hm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Finally got past the roadblock I was at in chapter 3 and am working on chapter 4. God I wish all the HoT zones were designed like the LS zones have been, they're infinitely better than the initial 4 zones in every way. Really not looking forward to needing to going back to try to clear out those zones for experience/mastery points/completionist in me.

Still not terribly impressed with where the story is going/how it's being handled in HoT/S3, but at least the content is pretty fun so far. Getting back into the game a bit as of this weekend, so this is pretty awesome timing for chapter 5.
    Nothing is worse than Tangled Aids, I can handle the other maps but they are still needlessly complicated and seemingly designed to infuriate players. ANet has had a problem mixing difficulty with frustration ever since GW1, always way over doing shit. AB is definitely the best map in HoT.

I gotta wonder if a dev plays their own game when shit clearly designed to frustrate you clearly being anti-fun makes it into the game, simple example I could give is getting knocked out of the sky in bloodstone territory. Like, just like, why bro? Makes me want to fucking alt+f4 instead of continuing the massive enjoyment of falling to my death for 20 seconds.

What sucks for us is now gliding is in the game no going back now so every map in the future will probably use it so RIP regular land masses. Even worse you can't farm mastery xp outside of expansions zones. Strait fukt xdxdxdxdxd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    So the new map is in Ascalon, or in the Maguuma Jungle? The beginning made me think it was Ascalon, but the jungle creatures suggested that we were heading back to the jungle. Hm...
    Hmm, I didn't see anything that hinted towards Ascalon. That was probably somewhere in Kryta since thats where the White Mantle has been setting stuff on fire. Theres no White Mantle in Ascalon.

Definitly saw Maguuma and what appears to be Rata Novus (or some other Asura ruins).

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Nothing is worse than Tangled Aids
    to each their own, Tangled Depths is my favorite map

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    And was that Scarlet's voice I heard? It sounded a lot like Scarlet, her VA at the very least.
    The "narrator"? Generic female sylvari voice, voiced by Jennifer Hale. Scarlet's voice actress is Tara Strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    to each their own, Tangled Depths is my favorite map
    Yea at first I didn't like it because it was super confusing, but now that I understand it and know it well I have a lot of fun in it. It's certainly the most interesting.

But I'm super excited for this story! Considering they are calling it Flashpoint this should be where things really pick-up and get exciting