Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    What's going to stop people from throwing games? I mean, you don't have to win the games, right?

Won't that just drive people away?
    Wouldn't really matter since most people that only play for the reward usually play vs. ai. And even there it would be faster to win that to wait for the ai to win.

You would have to be an asshole to play against other players if you only want to throw the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    What's going to stop people from throwing games? I mean, you don't have to win the games, right?

Won't that just drive people away?
    The people that only play to get the skins in overwatch etc. Will most likely be playing against the AI since it is faster than attempting to throw a game vs other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    The people that only play to get the skins in overwatch etc. Will most likely be playing against the AI since it is faster than attempting to throw a game vs other people.
    You can only play against the AI the first week iirc. From there on it's Quick Match, Unranked or Ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    You can only play against the AI the first week iirc. From there on it's Quick Match, Unranked or Ranked.
    Well shit.., hopefully the people that just want to throw games will congregate in groups so that people who actually play the game because it is fun isn't gonna be bothered by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Well shit.., hopefully the people that just want to throw games will congregate in groups so that people who actually play the game because it is fun isn't gonna be bothered by them.
    I'm assuming said people will flock over to QM so playing Unranked/Ranked is the best way to avoid them if you're an actual HotS player.

"Not enough RNG in this game. Let's fix it." - Blizzard 2017

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Not necessarily.
    Lootbox systems are akin to gambling. Overall, they get more money. The house always wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Wouldn't really matter since most people that only play for the reward usually play vs. ai. And even there it would be faster to win that to wait for the ai to win.

You would have to be an asshole to play against other players if you only want to throw the game.
    dont blame players for blizzards shit design

its obvious that players playing other games dont give a single f... about hots so allowing us to play vs ai is simplest option.

Logged in, got a bunch of heroes and crap I don't care about (voice lines, really?) and uninstalled again.

I got genji and probius free in loots chests today lucky me.

The game feels weird. Walking around a map does not even feel smooth. Mounting up feels downright bizarre. There's something really wrong with the engine with regard to these things so I never play.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    I don't play Moba and everytime I load in to HOTS, every map is alien to me, there's no guide on what the objectives are, whether its to destroy the nexus or to do some other stuff.

Most of my time I just run around hoping someone wins so we can move on.
    The loading screen for every map tells you the objective. Announcers also verbally announce the objectives spawning.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    What do you mean you can only play against AI the first week? Is Versus AI going away? Why? That's the fun part of the game...

Also I can't find anything about this.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    HotS is only a game I play for WoW promotions. But they really failed to get the message across that you can only buy 1 mega pack. Instantly killed my patch 2.0 hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    What do you mean you can only play against AI the first week? Is Versus AI going away? Why? That's the fun part of the game...

You can play against AI as long as you want. You can do all daily and special quests in AI matches. They won't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post

I was referring specifically to the Nexus Challenge. Only the first week's challenge can be completed it versus AI. The other 3 weeks need to be done on QM/Unranked/Ranked. The mode itself will still (and always really) be in the game.

New face, same game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    I doubt Blizzard cares about the player experience right now. They probably just want to use this event to artificially boost the active player count to fool investors into thinking the game is still worth their time. I'm surprised they've managed to keep it alive this long and the new loot box system is an obvious attempt at trying to salvage some kind of profitability from the game.
    It's so funny to see people talking about Activision-Blizzard as an investment when they clearly know nothing about it. Blizzard doesn't give HoTS player counts to investors. Last I checked, they don't even announce the active player time of HoTS either. They don't announce how much money HoTS makes, whether it has gone up or down, or really anything HoTS-related in their quarterly reports (except a bullet point here or there like "we had our annual Heroes of the Dorm tournament last month"). You are grasping by trying to claim they made any change related to the game because of investors.

Now, clearly they changed the loot system to try to increase revenues from the game. I will give you that. The added sprays, voice lines, announcers, etc. will cause collectors (or "whales") to spend more money to get them all. Now whether that is to increase the profits they are already making on the game, or to recover losses from declining players, no one but people at Blizzard can say right now. HoTS has a very dedicated base, and it's in Blizzard's best interest to try to increase that base, even if they know they will never achieve the same player base as LoL.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    wait the second. i don't remember d.va is in hots.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PewPewGG View Post
    Why no bonus for WoW or D3? (
    the wow one just finished...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tupolew519 View Post
    wait the second. i don't remember d.va is in hots.
    thats why its called a healer announcement

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    HotS is only a game I play for WoW promotions. But they really failed to get the message across that you can only buy 1 mega pack. Instantly killed my patch 2.0 hype.
    lol you thought they would allow you to unlock all the heros for the same gems as 1 skin?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    crap game!
    crap presentation!
    crap videos!

the golden age of blizzard are definite over!
    crap poster!
    crap avatar!
    crap post!

the golden age of Arvandor is definite over
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content