Deleted

Confused with the shop

I just went over the collection. It shows only shards, not gems buy option.

So i can no longer buy specific skins or mounts or any other items i want with gems(real money). Now i have to do a lottery, so i can hopefully get shards to do that? If so that is major BS.

Am i missing something here?

Yes you are. On the main screen there is a section for gems. Click on it and buy gems. Then proceed to select desired hero/item and buy it. Some items are shards only(most cosmetic things), usually the variant colours.
    Last edited by maccajoe; 2017-04-26 at 07:47 AM.

Working exactly as intended

Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    Yes you are. On the main screen there is a section for gems. Click on it and buy gems. Then proceed to select desired hero/item and buy it. Some items are shards only(most cosmetic things), usually the variant colours.
    The thing is, he's wanting to buy skins and mounts. Most of them are not available with gems, so no, he's not missing something.

You can wait for Blizzard to feature the things you want on the first page and buy them with gems (=real money).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    I just went over the collection. It shows only shards, not gems buy option.

So i can no longer buy specific skins or mounts or any other items i want with gems(real money). Now i have to do a lottery, so i can hopefully get shards to do that? If so that is major BS.

Am i missing something here?
    You can craft them for free though. Use the shards to make whatever you want.

Shards are for crafting.
    Gold is for hero purchases + Rerolls.
    Gems are for chest purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    The thing is, he's wanting to buy skins and mounts. Most of them are not available with gems, so no, he's not missing something.
    And i said that in my answer, you can but the variants you cant

Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    And i said that in my answer, you can but the variants you cant
    A lot of them you cannot buy at all, not just variants, at least not when I was looking earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    You can craft them for free though. Use the shards to make whatever you want.

Shards are for crafting.
    Gold is for hero purchases + Rerolls.
    Gems are for chest purchases.
    Shards don't grow on trees though. You get them by opening boxes and either getting them as a reward or by getting dupes of stuff you already have. That's a pretty big gamble, especially considering the sheer number of items the boxes can contain. I mean, I've been playing since release, and I didn't have all the tints unlocked on a lot of heroes. I only had master skins for 3 out of what, 65 heroes? With 3 tints per master skin that's almost 186 possible results that give no shards, lets say I have 25 heroes I never leveled to 7, that's another 50 potential box rewards that give no shards. I've bought a lot of skins, but also didn't pick up a lot of skins...esp for heroes I do not play. At 3 tints per skin, that probably another 100+ chances at getting 0 shards. Now add in mounts, emojis, banners, sprays...for someone who hasn't played a ton they could easily open 30 loot boxes and only wind up with enough shards to get 1 rare skin. And it just gets worse if they want epic or legendary skins...

Deleted
    The approach was made to "pollute" the loot boxes with unwanted, visual clutter crap like emojis, banners and sprays. Add in some voice lines, portraits and voila, the things people want the most (skins & mounts) are all mixed up with this garbage. Not to mention the 33% chance to get the tint you want more. Oh, they also changed dozens of epic skins to legendary status, without the bells and whistles of actual legendary skins like the ones from Tassadar, Tychus, Muradin, etc, you know to make it easier for us to obtain.

In conclusion, fuck them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    The approach was made to "pollute" the loot boxes with unwanted, visual clutter crap like emojis, banners and sprays. Add in some voice lines, portraits and voila, the things people want the most (skins & mounts) are all mixed up with this garbage. Not to mention the 33% chance to get the tint you want more. Oh, they also changed dozens of epic skins to legendary status, without the bells and whistles of actual legendary skins like the ones from Tassadar, Tychus, Muradin, etc, you know to make it easier for us to obtain.

In conclusion, fuck them.
    I'm not going to complain, since I now have a tremendous amount of skins, mounts, and other neat things I previously didn't have. Also, this adds a way to grind up everything without paying, if you preferred.

In essence, this system is a thousand times better and promotes people actually playing more than their usual rotation of heroes to progress and unlock new cosmetics. Whether or not it makes people better or more understanding of some heroes in the long run remains to be seen. The only thing I really want that I don't have right now is Angelic Valla, which I was waiting to go on sale for ages. I dumped my gems to get the shards for the Nightmare Prime Evil Diablo skin. No regrets.

10+ Year Old Account
    You say useless fluff; I say Brightwing announcer is the greatest thing ever. Chomp, chomp, chomp!