Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    hidden hotfix nothing addressed just blizzard things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Someone doesn't remember the weekly quests detailing what Anduin/Garrosh were up to, and what Jaina did about the Sunreavers in Dalaran lol
    If you're going to down talk, at least know what the hell you're talking about first
    ...that's great and all. It was all behind an arbitrary weekly gate.

I don't know why you're bitching about world quests; they're the exact same thing as daily quests, of which 5.1 had fewer so that you repeated them more often. And they were the same "kill, collect" fodder of every quest type. In fewer locations with less variety.

And yes, a mount. A lot better than whatever the fuck it is that you get from 7.2
    Better than a different mount for every single class?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Like what?

Dailies? Done them all, most many time.

Elites? Meh, done them. Same as above, many time.
    Sentinax farming? Mindless AOEing hoping to tag bosses is 'awesome'?
    Invasions? Done them all, some several times.
    CoEN? Done it. Don't need to the gear, don't care about transmog from it.

Here's the thing: I've done all of that multiple times (I'm midway through revered). What else is there? Nothing.
    What other content do you want? Honestly, they content they're providing is pretty good. I mean the raid is attached to this patch along with a new 5 man for running Mythic+.

I couldn't seem to tag any mobs other people were farming which was a pain so I gave up!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    When were quests in WoW different than that ? When, srsly ?

Remeber questline from Icecrown ? Kill the scourge, kill the frozen scourge, kill an elite, talk to X, kill the scourge, oh hey hey you're in front of ICC, you can go raiding now.
    Super different.
    Suramar questline was different . Every week you got multiple quests that progressed the story in a different way. Honestly, I was expecting something similar with BS. Like 1st week looked really promising , all those spec(!) specific quests I loved 'em and thought that each week would be like that. God I was wrong O.O I'm pretty sure the only weeks that will have any story development are the first and the last, with meaningless tasks in between .

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    This patch continues to be the worst one WoW ever had.
    Selfie patch still worse. But looking better by the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Which has been happening since vanilla .... the AP system isn't to blame for the obsessive grinding, it if wasn't AP it would be something else because
    we all know hardcore raiding is about that last 0.01% dps increase ....

Its the hardcore mentality that causes the burnt out, and some people enjoy it but its not really surprising that people do burn out choosing to play that way.

And people always need a scape goat other then themselves to blame for doing it.
    I fully agree, but that was not the point. The whole conversation started with the hypothesis that nethershards were the first grind in legion, which they are not, obviously. I'm totally fine with how AP works.

Those clamoring for content... I almost envy you, you have a lot of time or a lot of energy, or both, to gobble up what's put before you.

My wife and I, we still have the last bit of the Suramar Insurrection story to finish, we haven't even set foot into the new Karazhan, we have the "Balance of Power" appearance quest raid things to collect (Nighthold, now), we're just finishing up Pathfinder Part 2, and so on. We also haven't even rolled Demon Hunters to try them out, yet. There's still plenty for us and players like us to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    5 mins? That doesn't seem right. I did this with a group and pretty much did the same thing on my Monk (Spinning Crane), and it took me about 15-20 mins. Only the Elites drop them, and I recall it only being 1 mark per each. I was in a small area with about 10 portals up.
    Time-wise what you pointed out is about right.
    Just did it on my dk and took about that long.
    Although regular portal mobs were dropping them as well, not just elites.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

After 5-6 months break I came back to check this patch. I decided that I don't want to raid in this expansion with this extreme rng and I don't particularly like the artifact weapon babysitting either, the fact that there is no cap, and I tend to be rebellious after time when there is an expected chore I'm required to do. Anyways. Came back, finished Insurrection, got my flying but basically I have ZERO incentives to do anything. I won't farm WQs after exalted, I don't need rng legendaries for casual play, and I surely won't farm nethershards (this is worse than the Apexis farm, Nethershards come waaaaay slower than AP, yet the stuff cost the same) and there is seemingly no story so far in the BS besides "pile of random cheap weekly quest" gates. Cancelled my sub again.
    Last edited by Lei; 2017-04-26 at 02:19 PM.

I can see why people find it boring already, I finally managed to log on last night for the first time since launch, I've done anduin lil quest line, AK and artifact trait unlock. Now I'm just hunting rare downs, trying to get 5k nether shards to get a trinket. I'm assuming thats all we do, I'm happy with that as its something to do, but I can see why people are getting bored

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    7.2 is looking to ruin the great start that Legion got off to. I was hoping it'd be like 7.1, with a new story quest every week, but so far this has been pathetic. Turn in 2500 crystals to Khadgar? Farm nethershards? Seriously? Insurrection was great. This is just blatant, unapologetic timegating.

This quest is not nearly has horrible as I thought it would be. It only took me about 10-15 min to complete and I never got a LT kill. The only portals I were doing were green (1 star) and blue (2 star) quality.

Perhaps blizzard hotfixed it so more would drop from the smaller trash.
    Last edited by Kluian05; 2017-04-26 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    You have to be a casual if you think this patch has nothing to do. I've been playing some times close to 10 hours a day and I can't get everything I want to do done.
    WTF are you doing for 10 hrs on one character ?

No. That was the S.E.L.F.I.E. patch. Perhaps you need to look back farther than 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    So this weeks quest exists...
    Basically do the sentinax farm and gather 100 of the quest item while you do it. Then you hand it in and nothing.

The weeks go by and this patch still has very little to do.
    There were like 20-30 people out there this morning at like 5AM ST (Tichondrius-US); the quest took like 15 minutes with 5-7 portals up. There were so many creatures. xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Bosses give 40-50 per drop. I just flew around waiting for people to spawn the bosses and picked up a few loose kills when I saw an untagged mob. Took me 10 mins. Was kinda lame. Helped me get to exalted though.
    So you server hopped?

It's funny how first some people say "rawr, lucky casuals, they should be happy with all this casual content, unlike hardcore raiders, who have to farm stuff"

and then - sometimes the same - people say:
    "rawr, you must be casual if you can't find any content, I play 10 hrs a day and I'm not done"

))

I was worried they were pushing it through too fast. The players I talked to loved the speed, but I suspected something had to give. Honestly there's so many great games out there now (Overwatch and Breath of the Wild just to name the biggest) it's hard to immerse myself for this mediocre stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So you server hopped?
    Nope. Just hovered around groups.