Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sooooooo...people here are just going to ignore the facts of this situation? That Flynn violated the law by accepting direct payments from a foreign government? Just because you put party over country?

That's deplorable. But...I guess that label has been fully embraced at this point.

You can laugh and mock the Russia conspiracy all you like, but in this particular case with this particular person the law was broken. Period. Full stop. End of story.

There is truly nothing to defend here unless you really think going to bat for criminals is a good strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    There must be fire somewhere with all the smoke!!! Let's bet all our political capital on that!!! /s
    No. Politics is a fight over Obamacare. Or a fight over the budget and taxation. Americans love an ol' slobberknocker over policy. Politics in America have never been exactly done under Marquess of Queensberry rules, so to speak.

This is different. It is a national security issue to

(1) Retaliate against Russia for their 2016 interference to discourage a repeat.
    (2) Ascertain the depth of Russian interference in 2016
    (3) Ascertain if anyone in the Trump 2016 campaign, including Trump himself, agreed to any explit or implict quit-pro-quo with Russia regarding the election interference or otherwise coordinated with Russia
    (4) Ascertain if Russia has any hold over the President of the United States or his senior staff.

The 2016 interference was the third major attack on my country by a foreign power in 80 years (after Pearl Harbor and 9/11) . There must be severe consequences to Russia. And independent of that, there must be clarity as to any American's role in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Sooooooo...people here are just going to ignore the facts of this situation?
    That's because some here prefer putting Russian interests above American interests. "MAGA" was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Let's talk again in a year and see how relevant your conspiracy theories are by then.
    Maybe you haven't been paying attention, but it isn't a conspiracy theory, and we're talking a lot more often than a year. Really, about every week.

I expect many conversations. This is not slowing down. And you have a serious problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Uh-huh. It is now almost May 2017, and Trump-Russia has grown even worse. Every week, one to two stories that darken it.
    In what Universe/Dimension is that true?

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Keep beating that dead horse.
    You are probably hoping for another Benghazi investigation.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    The one. Haven't you been paying attention? It's like clock work. Every Tuesday and Friday, or every Wednesday, there's something new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ours?

For those of us with our head above the sedimentary layer, more information on connections comes out pretty regularly.

Uh-huh. It is now almost May 2017, and Trump-Russia has grown even worse. Every week, one to two stories that darken it.

Exactly at what point is this supposed to go away? Can you give me an end date? June? September? A year from now?

It took two years to nail Nixon on Watergate. We're patient.
    Yet its Flynn not Trump that had dealings with Russia. Flynn didnt disclose his dealings to anyone. Flynn lied about it, not Trump. Be patient, at min you have 4 years to deal with Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Ours?

For those of us with our head above the sedimentary layer, more information on connections comes out pretty regularly.
    I really think what we need is a revelation time-line.

Google's a friend though. Here's Mother Jones that has the most up to date one I could find (end point is end of March):

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...andal-timeline

But just March is indicative.
    March 1,2,3,4,5 -> 10 -> 15 -> 20, 22, 23,24 -> 27, 28. That's every week

Feburary was:
    February 7,8,9,10,13 (Flynn resignation) -> 15,16,17 -> 28

This is what drip, drip, drip looks like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Yet its Flynn not Trump that had dealings with Russia. Flynn didnt disclose his dealings to anyone. Flynn lied about it, not Trump. Be patient, at min you have 4 years to deal with Trump.
    See that bolded part? That's not verified yet. That is part of what must be investigated.

If we're going to take down Trump, taking down his lackeys comes first.

I really think what we need is a revelation time-line.

Google's a friend though. Here's Mother Jones that has the most up to date one I could find (end point is end of March):

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...andal-timeline

But just March is indicative.
    March 1,2,3,4,5 -> 10 -> 15 -> 20, 22, 23,24 -> 27, 28. That's every week

Feburary was:
    February 7,8,9,10,13 (Flynn resignation) -> 15,16,17 -> 28

This is what drip, drip, drip looks like.

- - - Updated - - -

See that bolded part? That's not verified yet. That is part of what must be investigated.

If we're going to take down Trump, taking down his lackeys comes first.
    Good luck with all that. You have four years at min to work on it!

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Good luck with all that. You have four years at min to work on it!
    Nah. We're going to be dancing on Trump's political grave by mid 2019.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going anywhere near that thing... it'll be tacky as hell.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Someone really needs to tell him that gold is a terrible color for basically everything.
    It goes well with orange... you think he changed his skin color to match his furniture?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Yeah I can see what dimension you live in. Good luck hyperventilating every day at the thought of Trump as President. Yikes.

Yeah I can see what dimension you live in. Good luck hyperventilating every day at the thought of Trump as President. Yikes.
    Who is hyperventalating? We're winning.

I'm more curious as to why the White House is refusing to turn over some documents related to Flynn to the House Intelligence Committee, despite their requests.

What are they trying to cover up?

Though I've gotta say, Spicer playing stupid as a defense is hilarious. His attempts to make it seem like the administration was unaware of these facts is a terrible idea, because it prompts the question, if the White House didn't know about all this information...what else don't they know about their own people?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Though I've gotta say, Spicer playing stupid as a defense is hilarious. His attempts to make it seem like the administration was unaware of these facts is a terrible idea, because it prompts the question, if the White House didn't know about all this information...what else don't they know about their own people?
    They know little about them because they could only pick from pretty shallow pool and didn't have option to be really choosy.

If prospective candidate hid something there absolutely wasn't time to do real investigative work on them - or dismiss them even if it did bring anything up before they got their clearance (Flynn being let go might have been some of that rather then him lying to Pence).

We're winning.
    Democrats are winning about as much as Carlos Estevez. Boths conditions appear to be terminal.

They know little about them because they could only pick from pretty shallow pool and didn't have option to be really choosy.
    ...what? Those two things are entirely unrelated. Having a slim pool of people to choose from (which I find hard to believe, during his weeks of revolving door interviews he put on for his supporters there were plenty of vetted, qualified people he interviewed for positions) has nothing to do with an inability to properly vett his appointees.

There is no excuse for getting "blindsided" like this by one of the top advisers to the president, and a man who would be getting some of the highest level security access and briefings. It doesn't matter if you only had 2 people to choose from, this shit doesnt' fly.

If prospective candidate hid something there absolutely wasn't time to do real investigative work on them - or dismiss them even if it did bring anything up before they got their clearance (Flynn being let go might have been some of that rather then him lying to Pence).
    Then that's a problem for the Trump camp and their inability to properly vett their appointees...which is literally what I just wrote.

I can't tell if you're trying to defend/excuse the administration or not with this post, but if you are it's not a terribly good job. If you're not, they're still terrible excuses that don't fly in the slightest.