Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You forgot the fact that the media is paid to not change their opinion on him. If he goes they'll make him look bad, if he doesn't they'll make him look bad.
    That's some UFO-level paranoia right there.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derecho View Post
    The White House Correspondents dinner is just a high-brow social event.

I'm not sure why the average American would care about this event even if the President was going.

I personally think it's great he's not going. There is no reason for a "detente". I don't want my President ever acting like President Obama did towards the media, and I don't want the media treating a President like they treated Obama. I can't think of a President more shielded by the mainstream media than he. That's not the kind of relationship I want, nor think is good for the American people.

I don't agree with how Trump goes about his business, but in this case, I have no issue whatsoever with him skipping the event. Good on him.
    Trump is the most shielded ever - he won't even let some media outlets into a press conference. Good point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Unless it's Fox News of course.
    I don't even know their stance on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    That's some UFO-level paranoia right there.
    Can you show me a msm article leaning on either side that they changed their opinion on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    Honestly Fox News didn't like him either, but he did run under the Republican party. They're probably the most neutral reporter on Trump because of the contradiction in their interests in his particular case.
    That is indeed something to remember. A few Trump criticising threads have Fox as a source.

I guess that leaves him with Breitbart as the only place favoring him?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Trump is the most shielded ever - he won't even let some media outlets into a press conference. Good point.
    It doesn't matter if Trump avoids questions, the press will bring them up and make them national dialogue. He's not shielded from that dialogue. Obama, however, was shielded from national dialogue on a number of controversial issues, because the ones in power to promote that dialogue were on his side. It did not, however, shield obama from the masses on social media as that began to grow. That's about the time Democrats started shouting "fake news".

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter if Trump avoids questions, the press will bring them up and make them national dialogue. He's not shielded from that dialogue. Obama, however, was shielded from national dialogue on a number of controversial issues, because the ones in power to promote that dialogue were on his side. It did not, however, shield obama from the masses on social media as that began to grow. That's about the time Democrats started shouting "fake news".
    Fake news wasn't a thing until Trump came around. People might of been lenient about Obama but that was then and we shouldn't deflect for Trump.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you show me a msm article leaning on either side that they changed their opinion on him?
    Why would they if he's done nothing to change what people disliked about him in the first place? Just because you get used to bullshit doesn't mean you'll start to accept it and even praise it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, rarely do you see so many lies and misinformed opinions in one relatively short paragraph.

Obama was not shielded from any "national dialogue" - if you disagree, then give us some cites/facts/anything besides your opinion.
    Fox News created fake news on their very own - and they were the first to both do and coin it. If you disagree, again, show me some facts.

What's really going on is that you just hate Obama, and have a man-crush on Trump, and you'll use any little opinion or thought that creeps into your head to promote that internal dialogue. What's sad is that for our country to come together, people like me are going to have to extend some kind of olive branch to people like you - and you'll think you were right all along when we do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Why would they if he's done nothing to change what people disliked about him in the first place? Just because you get used to bullshit doesn't mean you'll start to accept it and even praise it.
    Last week he said ita ok for kids of illegal immigrants to stay. You'd think people would like that, but i didn't see any articles praising it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last week he said ita ok for kids of illegal immigrants to stay. You'd think people would like that, but i didn't see any articles praising it at all.
    Why would he be praised over something like that? "Oh Trump good job for not being a complete asshole and punishing children who had no choice in the matter! So progressive!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would he be praised over something like that? "Oh Trump good job for not being a complete asshole and punishing children who had no choice in the matter! So progressive!"
    You just proved that there's nothing he can do, aside from resign, that would make people change their opinion on him if they don't like him. So honestly, why go to this dinner?
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-04-26 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just proved that there's nothing he can do, aside from resign, that would make people change their opinion on him if they don't like him.
    Because there's still a lot of things to disagree with... one decent thing isn't going to make me or any of his critics love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Literally told you it bugged out when I clicked that.

Good job.
    Very convenient for you.
    I did the search for you, there was only one post where Belize said "Trumpist" to be found: Here's the link to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because there's still a lot of things to disagree with... one decent thing isn't going to make me or any of his critics love him.
    That's fine, but my point is you'd probably never like him anyway just like the media. And if he did do a complete 180, everybody would give him shit for that too, which people do already when he does 180.

Deleted
    Proud of Trump for giving the finger to the media and to liberal/progressives in general.

The liberal/progressive driven media is nothing short of reprehensible. They are sanctimonious, condescending, and extremely egotistical - and, in general, a bunch of fucking assholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's fine, but my point is you'd probably never like him anyway just like the media.
    That makes no sense. I wouldn't like him if he had policies I agreed with?

15+ Year Old Account
    That makes no sense. I wouldn't like him if he had policies I agreed with?
    Well yeah, because you still hate his personality and you'd give him shit for being a flip-flopper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah, because you still hate his personality and you'd give him shit for being a flip-flopper.
    ...uh okay guess you're my brain now. Hey what should I have for lunch today? Should I work out today after work or get some rest? I'm a bit sore but I'd feel awfully guilty about skipping a day... please decide for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    ...uh okay guess you're my brain now. Hey what should I have for lunch today? Should I work out today after work or get some rest? I'm a bit sore but I'd feel awfully guilty about skipping a day... please decide for me.
    Am i wrong? You didn't say i was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am i wrong? You didn't say i was.
    Yes you're wrong. Now you'll say you're not. Okay cool we won't change each others minds. Great chat.

Either way it's a fantasy because he's not going to flip on the majority of his platform sooooo might as well settle in for 3 years of complaining about his policies from people that do not agree with them. Democracy n such