Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    Until they figure out how to stop showing all the idiots looking for attention by killing people, raping people, beating up people with mental health issues, driving while drunk.......... Until they can do that, all that it does is encourage these idiots who want their 15 minutes.
    Because 0.00001% of people post inappropriate content and it takes more than 30 seconds for them to take down inappropriate content?

No. Bad logic is bad.

Let's stop trying to make fake problems real.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will never be able to stop horrible things from being shown if it is a truly live streaming service. Unless they can put some huge delay on it and have a system that monitors all streams (and there's probably too many to watch all at once) then we'll just have to live with bad shit happening on it from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, recent events proves you wrong.

Matter of fact, people need protection from Facebook as a whole - but lets start small.
    Oh, fuck off. Facebook is completely optional. It's not like in order to function in society you need a Facebook.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    ...but anyone who even watched the stream without reporting it as a crime should be up for criminal charges.
    Ummm.... No. Just no.

Yeah, shut it down. Surely there's no other way for a mobile device complete with it's own camera and internet connection to stream your atrocities across the world. If there's no way of doing that, people wouldn't do bad things.

Take away Facebook Live and all the horrors in the world will just go away!

10+ Year Old Account
    Might as well shut down Twitch to since it has similar functionality. If anything heavily penalize ppl who do this instead of banning the service.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Until they figure out how to stop showing all the idiots looking for attention by killing people, raping people, beating up people with mental health issues, driving while drunk.......... Until they can do that, all that it does is encourage these idiots who want their 15 minutes.
    Actually I think even more people need to die if that's what it takes for fucking idiots to stop having no clue how to basically LIVE.

I disagree.

This is not a facebook live problem and it all falls on the person doing the crime. Facebook is no better for worse than a hammer. It's all in how the person uses it.

Plus, if it's recorded there is no way to mask the guilt of a suspect. Facebook is not the problem. "F"ed up people are.

FB Live is no different than if someone records doing it, then posts it afterwards. The technology isn't driving this phenomenon of trying to get famous for doing bad things. Society is.

Deleted

Facebook should be shut down, period. Mark Zuckerberg is a fucking whack job and extremely dangerous to the future of society. Go read his "manifesto" he wrote a few months back. I permanently deleted my FB the day I read it

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    FB Live is no different than if someone records doing it, then posts it afterwards. The technology isn't driving this phenomenon of trying to get famous for doing bad things. Society is.
    Except FB live attracts more attention whores. It is the most open, well known medium, some encouraging people to do nefarious things for "likes".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Apparently it's a huge job to moderate Facebook, people are constantly posting shit they're not supposed to.
    Who would have thought moderating 2 billion people is a huge job? Not to mention all the false flags people report spam all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Oh, fuck off. Facebook is completely optional.
    So are drugs, alcohol, guns, sugar, cars, oxygen and water.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I think it can tilt them if they are teetering.
    If they are thinking of killing someone, being able to Live Stream it or not is not a factor in that decision. "I want to stab this person! oh..wait, I cant live stream it so I guess I wont." Your run of the mill murderer is not out there killing on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So are drugs, alcohol, guns, sugar, cars, oxygen and water.

... And if you don't feel safe around any of those things, don't use them or surround yourself with them. (you kinda need oxygen and water though...)

If you don't feel safe around Facebook and you're afraid some live stream will trigger you, then don't use facebook. Simple as that. You lose absolutely nothing besides maybe social convenience by not using facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Who would have thought moderating 2 billion people is a huge job? Not to mention all the false flags people report spam all the time.
    I think it's something most people don't think about very often.

Deleted
    BUT how else can i get attention! no but seriously. i get what you are saying. but if not for facebook live. they would just use. twich, youtube live.. who Or do the same but no record it. that is like saying We should shut down MMO-champion because of the few rasist threads. A few bad appels does not make facebook live unsuable.

We need a PSA that when you are using facebook live, the only life you can take is your own - not anyone elses.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    We need a PSA that when you are using facebook live, the only life you can take is your own - not anyone elses.
    Yeah and a flock of people would post new videos just to prove you wrong.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Why shut it down? it allows us to root out the thugs and psychopaths better than ever.

IF only facebook live was around during the OJ murder...