Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Just wondering, why people think multi culture is a good thing for a country? Never figured out why 1 culture isn't good.

OP you're from the Netherlands, you write in english on an worldwide forum, and your avatar is taken from Japanese pop-culture. Just saying...

But seriously since the first days of Humanity we've been exposed to all kind of cultures. they constantly evolve, change or sometimes disappear. That's how it is. Our ancestors were probably from another country or continent. However we're living in a globalized world which may tend to reduce culture diversity in profit of a big western/US centric culture I think.

oh btw WoW is a good illustration of multi culture too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Yes I was. For you to suggest otherwise is ludicrous. It makes you a racist.
    Perhaps if you're referring to it in a purely historical context then I might have reason to agree. But take it from me - there are plenty of white people today who oppose multiculturalism and vote for right wing politics who don't consider people of other colour varients to be less human. My favourite music is literally all from black artists. My favourite athletes are all black (apart from McGregor!). From LeBron to Didier Drogba to Anthony Joshua to Lewis Hamilton.
    No it doesn't, it makes you ignorant on why you are opposed to multiculturalism and the origins of how you even know to be upset with multiculturalism, which has everything to do with conservative propaganda, and nothing to do with observable reality. It's muslims, trans-people, LGB people today that are being targeted by conservative media, and it was Italians, Catholics, Chinese, Russians, Irish, Africans, Indians, the disabled, child labor, women and their rights, Jews, Mexicans, and South Americans yesterday. It's an ideology based upon fear and delusion. It has been used by conservatives for centuries in the US. You may think you can deliver an argument about how mono-cultural society is better than multiculturalism without delving into the centuries old history of white supremacy, but it is impossible, which is why you haven't done it yet.

The history of US conservatism is not up for debate. The historical ideology where blacks and other minorities were thought of as subhuman is not up for debate.

What's up for debate is that in 2017, if you vote for right wing politics, you're automatically in one or several of the following categories -
    a) White
    b) White Supremacist
    c) Nazi
    d) Brainwashed

I've gave arguments which go to disprove all of these and and all you do is continually refer to historical events and political stances, campaigned by historical figures (historical meaning from the past as opposed to revered) as your reason for not voting for them today and that anyone else who does is literally just "hindering the decades of progress and struggle that generations of Americans have before them to fight for equal protection under the law".

You haven't proven why that isn't the case. The historical context is critical to understanding the current iteration of political messaging by conservatism today, because once you see it as a spectrum, instead of independent events in time, you will see that their attitudes regarding white supremacy and having the government serve the interests of Anglo-Saxons hasn't changed, only the words and dog whistling phrases have. You have heard of these phrases, "common sense" token stories, throughout your life. Make no mistake, the conservative message will capture and delude any person, whether they be a minority or college educated, but the vision is always the same.

Backward, racist, stuck in the mud type shit as shit can be thinking and not at all progressive no matter what side you're on.
    That is the best way to describe US conservatism today.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Do tell us how the Immigrants and Muslims do that to our countries now? Last I checked, Rape and crime were not exciting new traditions.
    You're right about one thing rape is nothing new just pick up a history and you'll see how white people have been pillaging and raping their ways through centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    How about countries like Rwanda? Burundi? Congo?

I consider those countries examples of a multicultural society.
    I don't think you have a firm grasp on what culture actually means.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    You're right about one thing rape is nothing new just pick up a history and you'll see how white people have been pillaging and raping their ways through centuries.
    Are they doing that now in the same quantity and quality? Nope.

Deleted
    So many people here mistake multiracial for multicultural.

The two thing are very different. I am perfectly fine for there to be a multiracial society, I don't have any problem with that at all.
    But it should have one culture.

Multiculturalism is all about saying that there is no accepted culture, there is no longer a host country, that the country adapts itself to the needs, desires and requirements of as many groups of migrants as care to come so that in the end in the you finish up with solitudes, all turned away from each other, facing their own altars, turning their backs and interests against each other, having their own leaders, their own communities. And we see this all over Europe.

It has been a serious mistake to encourage it. You can have as many different people as you like from as many countries, as long as in arriving in the new countries, the accept that is has culture, it has language, it has history, it has laws and it has a language and indeed has a settled, dominant religion. It doesn't mean it is prepared to tolerate the practice of other religions, it doesn't mean it forbids the speaking of other languages but it does mean that those who come and those who continue to live, accept that these are the dominant parts of the culture and they don't challenge them.

Multiculturalism is actually used by those who want to dismantle the culture as an excuse to those who want to preserve the monoculture that they bigoted or racially prejudiced.
    Which is a slander.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    And you think that Asians assimilated? I have my doubts that you even know what assimilation even means because that doesn't excist, hell the US for example is a country of integration and not assimilation
    Many do here.
    Also what does the 2e one even bloody mean?
    That they're not a threat even if they don't assimilate. They don't cause problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    So many people here mistake multiracial for multicultural.

The two thing are very different. I am perfectly fine for there to be a multiracial society, I don't have any problem with that at all.
    But it should have one culture.

Multiculturalism is all about saying that there is no accepted culture, there is no longer a host country, that the country adapts itself to the needs, desires and requirements of as many groups of migrants as care to come so that in the end in the you finish up with solitudes, all turned away from each other, facing their own altars, turning their backs and interests against each other, having their own leaders, their own communities. And we see this all over Europe.

It has been a serious mistake to encourage it. You can have as many different people as you like from as many countries, as long as in arriving in the new countries, the accept that is has culture, it has language, it has history, it has laws and it has a language and indeed has a settled, dominant religion. It doesn't mean it is prepared to tolerate the practice of other religions, it doesn't mean it forbids the speaking of other languages but it does mean that those who come and those who continue to live, accept that these are the dominant parts of the culture and they don't challenge them.

Multiculturalism is actually used by those who want to dismantle the culture as an excuse to those who want to preserve the monoculture that they bigoted or racially prejudiced.
    Which is a slander.
    I don't think you understand what multiculturalism is, it is adding to another culture in order to make it better. The U.S does not have the same culture it had 100 years ago, each wave of immigrants added something sometimes challenging what the standard is and creating something new. I honestly don't know what you mean by the "standard" since that's different from person to person, new cultures need to adapt to their environment but the society around them will change as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I don't think you understand what multiculturalism is, it is adding to another culture in order to make it better. The U.S does not have the same culture it had 100 years ago, each wave of immigrants added something sometimes challenging what the standard is and creating something new. I honestly don't know what you mean by the "standard" since that's different from person to person, new cultures need to adapt to their environment but the society around them will change as well.
    I specifically mentioned Europe.

We were fine before this and without it, we still would have been/will be fine.

US is a baby nation, it is not settled.

I don't think you have a firm grasp on what culture actually means.
    No?

Do you think Congo is a monoculture?

And Rwanda? There's two different groups of people living there. What do you think those are if not a culture? Or do you define culture by someone's religious beliefs or skin colour only?

I don't think you understand what multiculturalism is, it is adding to another culture in order to make it better.
    Except it isn't getting better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Rape isn't as common anymore among the white people though if you compare it to the refugees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Rape isn't as common anymore among the white people though if you compare it to the refugees.
    This is a lie.

https://eucenter.scrippscollege.edu/...dler-Paper.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Davis and Vidler Paper
    As demonstrated in the cases of Germany and Sweden, a definitive relationship between rape or
    assault rates and migrants cannot be confidently supported nor rejected.
    and:

Quote Originally Posted by Davis and Vidler Paper
    Ergo, whilst there are no verifiable correlations between numbers of immigrants and rape rates, it is crucial to consider why the various sexual attacks in Germany and Sweden have evoked emotionallycharged responses from the general public and right-wing parties. The heretofore mentioned barriers to the research question indicates the absolute necessity of a comprehensive sexual violence database within Europe, whilst demonstrating the benefits of ethnic data reporting. It is argued were more adequate and extensive statistics available, investigation into a correlation, or lack of, between immigrants and rape would be better attained.
    Rape actually mainly is an argument of right wing parrots and parties just to get a discussion going. While there just is no evidence.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-04-26 at 11:34 PM.

By fine you mean centuries of endless wars?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Except it isn't getting better.
    The world is more interconnected and has gotten better thanks to ease of travel and multi cultural collaborations, if you don't think it's better that way feel free to go back to the dark ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Where did I state that speaking the same language would completely remove racism?
    You did say it's the most effective way, and reality shows us it's not effective at all. From that one can conclude the solution to racism is racist attitudes, not language barrier.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    This is a lie.

https://eucenter.scrippscollege.edu/...dler-Paper.pdf

Rape actually mainly is an argument of right wing parrots and parties just to get a discussion going. While there just is no evidence.
    From reading what people have posted on this forum, using official sources, there is definitely a link between immigrants and rape.

So much of "baby nation" that it has outlasted nearly all of Europe's governments. Hell, nearly all of the world's. The known universe even!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    From reading what people have posted on this forum, using official sources, there is definitely a link between immigrants and rape.
    Breitbart isn't a official source

7+ Year Old Account
    Breitbart isn't a official source
    I've never claimed it is. So what are you on about? I'm talking about authorities and their data.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Could you explain this? I'm a tad curious.
    Are you serious? You create 1 big blend of every culture. Europe starts looking like the US more and more. How is that not destroying diversity? Could you explain your thought process by thinking multicultularism is NOT destroying diversity?

I can tell you whats not good, uncontrolled hostile immigration, nothing wrong with a bit of multi culture though mostly for the food.