GTA V on Switch is just speculation in any case. Rockstar has no incentive to invest in the huge undertaking of porting it while Switch userbase is this limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Right. And there was no incentive to develop games for xbox or ps when they were new as their userbase was too limited... Oh, right. It takes time for this shit so you develop based on projected users when released, not users today.
    Rockstar right now is developing new game, also known as Red Dead Redemption 2. Their major resources are pooled on that project.

GTA V has sold 70 Million copies across it's 5 available platforms. Switch has sold 2.4 million units. GTA V on Switch might sell few hundred thousand at most. That number is insignificant compared to previous GTA V sales and the potential sales for RDR2. The effort required to port GTA V over to new platform with different architechture that isn't plug-and-play with the other platforms like current consoles and PC just isn't worth it. Rockstar's resources are much better spent in making RDR2, which will sell (tens of) millions across PS4, Xbone and PC.

gta 5 wont be coming to the switch maybe in a year if the switch remains selling decent.

Here are 3 options, you can pick 2:

Story
    Graphics/resolution
    Gameplay

I think Nintendo generally prioritizes the story and gameplay aspects, with graphics and resolution as something that don't need to be the best. Some companies prioritize graphics and gameplay, and lack a compelling story, or they choose graphics and story, and suffer with gameplay elements that are terrible (Newest Mass Effect... looking at you lol)
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Here are 3 options, you can pick 2:

Story
    Graphics/resolution
    Gameplay

I think Nintendo generally prioritizes the story and gameplay aspects, with graphics and resolution as something that don't need to be the best. Some companies prioritize graphics and gameplay, and lack a compelling story, or they choose graphics and story, and suffer with gameplay elements that are terrible (Newest Mass Effect... looking at you lol)
    Or good ones do all three, (Horizon Zero Dawn IMO and even TLOU).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

most big companies can do all three and more, persona 5 does all three horizon all three nioh and nier all three...nintendo is jut behind

(Newest Mass Effect... looking at you lol)
    Gameplay is best it has ever been in Andromeda...

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Gameplay is best it has ever been in Andromeda...
    They did say 2 out of 3, which would leave graphics out. And judging by the faces...

I think Nintendo generally prioritizes the story
    lol what...

I can name 2 studios under Nintendo that give a fuck about story. That being monolith and intelligent systems. The priority on Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong, Splatoon and the likes is certainly not story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nmkyungri View Post
    persona 5 does all three
    What, Persona 5 is a PS3 game running at 1080p on the PS4. It's not a graphical power house in the least. It's pretty based on art direction, much like Nintendo's games are.

Has anyone else heard of Rainway?
    Surely this is never going to see the light of day? I'm extremely sceptical about how it would be done anyway.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...intendo_switch

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Has anyone else heard of Rainway?
    Surely this is never going to see the light of day? I'm extremely sceptical about how it would be done anyway.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...intendo_switch
    Stream games from one machine to other within home network? Sure, I can already boot any Steam game I have installed on my desktop and play it on my laptop.

Stream games over shitty internet to anywhere? We all know what happened to cloud gaming...

Fucken LOL.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I wholeheartedly approve of companies social media teams shitposting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I wholeheartedly approve of companies social media teams shitposting each other.
    Sonic is just salty that he wasn't invited to race!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Sonic is just salty that he wasn't invited to race!
    In other news Birdo's continued erased existence from nintendo still stands strong

We will always remember you in Mario party 8 Birdo

Never forget
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Totally agree.

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Just as heads up. We will be getting official numbers for at least up until the end of March in less than two hours.

2.74 million Switches shipped.

The funny part is that BoTW switch version has somehow sold 2.76 million copies. 1.08 million on the Wii U as well, it's already ahead of Skyward Sword. I don't see it having long legs past the 5-6 mil mark though, a bundle a year from now or so could maybe get it in the 8-10 mil range.

Nintendo expects to sell 10 million Switches in this FY, to put that into perspective the 3DS was expected to sell 16 million in it's first year and sold 13.5 million after a drastic and fast price slash at that. The Wii U was expected to sell 9 mil in FY 2013(which did not include it's launch window to be fair, but ultimately doesn't matter as it didn't happen even if you add that in) and let's just say it didn't come close to that.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-04-27 at 08:42 AM.