Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ok and? Compare WoW to other MMOs rather than different genres.

Stop comparing MMOs to MOBAS or you have no argument. Want to compare WoW then bring examples of F2P MMOs in. If you keep doing this then I see no reason continuing with you.
    Those games are competition and fair to compare WOW with. The way I would describe WOW and the WOW dev team now is that they have "jealous girlfriend syndrome" where they are so afraid of their players spending ANY time on games other than WOW that they have tried to make the game so grindy that you basically need to choose between WOW and other games. This is especially true for high level raiders, and wasn't true in any recent xpac and also wasn't true of the most popular time of the game, Wrath.
    Last edited by IceMan1763; 2017-04-26 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    no.
    game's too old and MMO's arent as popular anymore.
    nor does the sub really help here.
    Is that the new meta response to denying WoW isn't as good a game as it once was?

Claiming that the meta as changed...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by murbaez View Post
    They could if they remake the game...make a WoW 2 with improved graphics, better voice comm, everyone starting from level 1 [but still allowing you to bring transmogs and other stuff into new game, but nothing that would mess with economy i.e gold becomes useless] Then make it work between all consoles. Lower the monthly subscription or remove all together and add stuff to cash shop for revenue. .
    No. It won't work. See Heroes of the Storm 2.0" still the same shit nobody will play for more than one month before it goes into the chest of shit f2p games.

WoW graphics are already "WoW 2" graphics, can't you see the difference between vanilla zones vs current zones? let me enlighten you:
    https://dreamsofisorath.files.wordpr...sbankwhole.jpg
    vs
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/565257.jpg
    Can't you even see the differences between this two elvish cities? Because there are plenty of them. And i'm not talking about architecture (which is indeed better in current cities) but about graphics that are way better.

Making it a console game won't help. See Diablo 3, there is no community at all. Yeah, there is not a enormous comunnity on PC also, but at least a community exist.

About the monthly sub it won't work also, the sub is not a problem for the current targeted public. WoW is not a game for 13 yo kids anymore, it evolved to acommodate people between 20 and 40 yo, with work, responsabilities, and less free time. Of course numbers would make a rise when they announce the thing and that's it. Most of my friends just unsub because they are not playing on "lack of content" phases (between raid tiers mostly), not because 13€ (or 15$) is a high price. In comparisson, a AAA game last around 20-30 hours and cost 60-70€, You can easily have 20-30 hours/month worth of WoW just with world content, not even counting Raids, PvP, M+, farming... MMOs are cheap af if you think it twice.

Deleted
    Look, WoW is still a great game. It's not losing players or lacking new ones because of bad development or marketing. It's a very touchy subject as we all know. I see WoW as a product that's past its expiration date, you can put new expiration date stickers on top of the old ones and call it fresh and delicious, but bottom line is the product is still expired and no matter how much you modify it, once a customer tries it they'll be left with a bitter taste in their mouth, because it's old.

Even if WoW reaches 20 million players because of a legendary expansion, it will decline drastically in no time.

Deleted
    Why are people commenting to Eleccy? He's Jays alt...

It's really only the hardcore fans that wish to believe subs will ever reach 12 million, reality is WoW probably has 4-6 million world wide with occasional peaks

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Not even if they make a really good expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    WOW 2 maybe/

WoW 1 nope mate. Engine bad. No fresh player

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Why are people commenting to Eleccy? He's Jays alt...

It's really only the hardcore fans that wish to believe subs will ever reach 12 million, reality is WoW probably has 4-6 million world wide with occasional peaks
    Because I get along with the OP I must be his alt right?

You really need to get off this bandwagon of irrational logic you keep posting about me and the OP.

If you have an issue with what I'm posting or who I talk to then use the ignore feature on the website. Again as I've said to others it's your own fault if you don't.

Reality is that you don't know. All you can do is speculate. But Tom Chilton himself confirmed 10.3 million at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Simple question, will WoW ever see 13 million subs again like it had in WoTLK?

Is there anything that Blizzard could do to get 13 million subs again?
    WoW won't reach 13 million subs. Game's engine is very old and it's reaching its limit. Blizzard doesn't want to admit it, but we can all see how it's turning out. Second reason is because RNG is the worst freaking thing they have ever designed ... To put it simply, running a dungeon to get "that one item which will make my character my stronger!" based on RNG to get titanforge/warforged ... WHAT are the chances of getting these? Let me rephrase ... How's the legendary system working out for everyone? Let me rephrase again ... How's everyone's alts? ... Let me rephrase one last time ........... How do you like the AP system? ........................ :/ How's everyone's WQs going? .......

Legion is their best expansion with some of the stupidest designs and extremely unfriendly in many categories and especially unrewarding for gearing up your toon (forget alts, look at your main ...).

No, not even close.

It won't even get to 7.5 million subscribers.

The only way it would is if they did legacy servers which required a subscription to live to be able to play on it.

It never even saw 13 million its peak was 12.5 Million during Cataclym.

But to the short answer, no, it wont, people are already done with the game to a point that its just not worth comming back.

The longer answer:

Probably not, because WoW had its time and many people have moved on. You have to remember over 12 years have now passed, some people have raised teenagers by now growing up over WoW and changing as the game changed, they moved on, their lives moved on.

Some who played games now design them, some who played WoW moved onto other things. But the thing thats inevitably true is that its popularity peaked at a time when alot of us were socially reclsuive, and wow offered a place where people afraid of face-to-face interactions could consider a home of their own. 12.5 Million people found that home in WoW, and lived in it for a few years, but they've... grown up, or they simply just dont consider it home anymore, like myself.

So... no, it wont come back, and attracting new players is impossible, the younger generation dont want games like wow anymore, they want things fast, quick, and easy to do without the need for a social interaction. They dont appriciate their own behaviour half the time and so most of them just want something they can play where they can troll people and not feel the consequences.

So.... nah, WoW would be bad for younger people, and is bad for those getting too old to care for the mmo grind anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because I get along with the OP I must be his alt right?

You really need to get off this bandwagon of irrational logic you keep posting about me and the OP.

If you have an issue with what I'm posting or who I talk to then use the ignore feature on the website. Again as I've said to others it's your own fault if you don't.

Reality is that you don't know. All you can do is speculate. But Tom Chilton himself confirmed 10.3 million at launch.

Later debunked by Blizzard themselves

https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...numbers-legion
    Last edited by mmoc1f234b9ee4; 2017-04-26 at 07:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Thanks for enforcing my point of Mobas having easier to get into. Thats exactly the point I was saying.

You cannot ignore mobas and only count F2P mmos as direct competition anymore. Thats not how these things work since MMOs are not the huge massive genre anymore. If MMO's were number one genre everyone wanted to get into, you could easily compare just mmos alone.

But now with raise of Mobas, F2P stuff, some raise on FPS games.. WoW doesnt compete with Gw2 for example, it competes with OW, LoL, Dota and whatever is hot right now. LoL players are not exclusively moba players.
    People spending time on different games, mostly free, eats up potential players for WoW. Someone investing time and money on LoL skins are more likely to not quit LoL for something like Dota because investment creates bond.
    You can't compare them because they are 2 different genre's of video games. It would be like comparing Call of Duty to World of Warcraft. They don't have any similarity. People do however have diversity in what genre's they enjoy. MMORPG, FPS, MOBA, RTS, Simulation, etc. They compete in their own bubbles. Blizzard competes in the MMORPG, MOBA, RTS and with Overwatch the FPS genre. WoW competes with GW2, SWTOR, Wildstar, etc. Heroes competes with LOL, Dota and a few smaller games. Overwatch competes with TF, COD, Destiny and the various other survival FPS games.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    [/B]

Later debunked by Blizzard themselves

https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...numbers-legion
    We all know that was a leak of the actual numbers.

They had to take the quote back because legally they couldn't "reveal" sub numbers because they told their investors they wouldn't be doing that anymore.

Trust me, its at 10.3 million now. Possibly higher with how successful the game has been since launch.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Simple question, will WoW ever see 13 million subs again like it had in WoTLK?
    Not likely

Is there anything that Blizzard could do to get 13 million subs again?
    They would have to expend effort at least equivalent to what was expended on Wrath. And, keep in mind, that Wrath really didn't see growth overall (about 1/2 million surge in anticipation of Wrath and only another 1/2 million growth over the 2 years), so even that effort pretty much only maintained what they gained from BC (about 3.5 million growth overall from Vanilla for that 2 years).

It is difficult to break apart how much is spent on the Legion expansion since they bundle all MMO game efforts into one bucket (so includes Hearthstone, HotS, Overwatch), but even using reasonable rough estimates, they spent less than 1/2 of what was spent on either BC or Wrath.

Part of reality though is that this is the nature of cash cows. WoW generates the money for them to build other things, not reinvest into WoW. So they will continue to ride this gravy train until it comes to the point that it isn't really a cash cow (probably would have to go down to 2 to 3 million subs before they start thinking that). Once it reaches that point, they will make a decision to either kill the game or put in a substantial investment to reinvigorate the game.

I would say the chance that they kill it will be about 80%. WoW generates a lot of revenue, but it also takes a lot more to update and maintain the game, so profits are only good with a *lot* of customers. HotS, Hearthstone, and Overwatch generate less money, but they are dirt cheap to maintain and update, so profits are good with even relatively small numbers of customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    no.
    game's too old and MMO's arent as popular anymore.
    nor does the sub really help here.
    Nope. Wrong. It's just shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Nope. Wrong. It's just shit.
    Name one MMO with more concurrent users than WoW. The genre is dying off because the market is saturated and MMOs released recently have not lived up to expectations.

It never quite made it to 13 million (was in the 12 million range, though, so close enough I suppose). I'm of the opinion that WoD (and to a similar extent, Cata) did enough damage to the game, combined with the factor of the game's age, that it will likely never approach 12+ million subs again. There will always be spikes in active players for any future xpacs, but then they will dwindle off as usual, same as ever xpac since Cata.

Deleted
    We all know that was a leak of the actual numbers.

They had to take the quote back because legally they couldn't "reveal" sub numbers because they told their investors they wouldn't be doing that anymore.

Trust me, its at 10.3 million now. Possibly higher with how successful the game has been since launch.
    Source or utter BS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Im sure a 'WoW 2' could get 13 million subberinos
    Why do suddenly people think a WoW 2 is a good idea? What can you possibly expect from a sequel of a very successful game, better graphics? 1 or 2 new features and just call it a sequel to WoW? but still with the same old gameplay much like Call of Duty series have been doing for years now?