Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    We should stop lying about marijuana being harmless.
    Have a drink to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    It's not a cause, it's a symptom. Weed (and alcohol as well) are often used by people with mental illnesses to "self medicate".

There is a relationship, but it's not "weed causes mental illness", it's "mentally ill people often use both it and alcohol to self medicate because of the hideously poor state of mental health treatment in the US".
    Seconding this because it's so god damn true.

Also: "Would you smoke with me? I'd smoke with me."

/dances to Goodbye Horses

dont smoke stress, ffs
    and to all the online psychologists,,,thank you for all that you do /s

What I'm curious about is why on earth you wouldn't make sure the "pit" is sound proof if you're going to try to have a captive in the first place. Wouldn't rule #1 of kidnapping be finding a good spot that essentially is unescapable and that isn't detected by simply walking near your house?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    What I'm curious about is why on earth you wouldn't make sure the "pit" is sound proof if you're going to try to have a captive in the first place. Wouldn't rule #1 of kidnapping be finding a good spot that essentially is unescapable and that isn't detected by simply walking near your house?
    More importantly would would your "pit" only be 3 feet deep. Did he just grow tired of digging?

He was playing lambs.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    It's not a cause, it's a symptom. Weed (and alcohol as well) are often used by people with mental illnesses to "self medicate".

There is a relationship, but it's not "weed causes mental illness", it's "mentally ill people often use both it and alcohol to self medicate because of the hideously poor state of mental health treatment in the US".
    That's a problem with self-medication...not marijuana.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    So lazy police can't be bothered doing their job properly, letting people be trapped in pits and have their homes broken into then smear people calling for help as being mental to cover up the failures of law enforcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Too bad the report does not mention how deep the pit was. After digging a "grave" for a pet yesterday I was reminded how much of a pain in the ass it is to dig a hole, especially if it is narrow. Depending on the dimensions on the pit we could extrapolate how crazy he was exactly.

Yeah I admit I really just wanted to bitch about digging holes, but the OP wasn't exactly giving good food for discussion either. Not to mention the necrotic nature of the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Seconding this because it's so god damn true.

Also: "Would you smoke with me? I'd smoke with me."

/dances to Goodbye Horses
    Yep. If weed suddenly didn't exist, they'd just use whatever they could get their hands on. It just happens to be a relatively common easy to get ahold of drug (just like alcohol).

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Uh. No. Google it. Weed and schizophrenia have a weird relationship. It triggers it to manifest in people who had it dormant. It's something specific about weed that causes it but a lot of studies have been done on the subject. I had to learn all of this when my cousin was diagnosed. For 99.999% of the population weed is totally fine. It's a shame for the few it isn't.
    Oh okay, so it's exactly like the case with alcohol.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Wonder if she put the lotion on her skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Which naturally can't have any part whatsoever in either triggering or intensifying schizophrenia, right?
    And alchohol doesn't? o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    So lazy police can't be bothered doing their job properly, letting people be trapped in pits and have their homes broken into then smear people calling for help as being mental to cover up the failures of law enforcement.
    I wonder how the lady got trapped in the first place place. And why she wasn't missed by her friends and family.

Shouldn't we pointing fingers at perpetuators of the crime, not the crime fighters?
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-05-01 at 04:43 AM.

I love how people want to vilify substance abuse by lumping it in with mental illness.
    You all have mental health issues. All of you.
    If you dont drink or smoke or scraf down cheeseburgers, or w/e, to cope, then you have some other, more insidious, way of dealing with your shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    The underlying issue is still the mental illness that's causing him extreme paranoia and anti social behavior
    Which becomes exacerbated by marijuana...like extremely.

There's lots of evidence of weed bringing schizophrenia to the surface in individuals prone/preconditioned to it.
    Like if he was taking meds AND smoking weed he'd still be fucking nuts. I'm totally a weed advocate but cmon it's not harmless.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

edit wrong post