Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Proud of Trump for giving the finger to the media and to liberal/progressives in general.

The liberal/progressive driven media is nothing short of reprehensible. They are sanctimonious, condescending, and extremely egotistical - and, in general, a bunch of fucking assholes.
    The lack of self awareness here is amazing as always.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Yes you're wrong. Now you'll say you're not. Okay cool we won't change each others minds. Great chat.

Either way it's a fantasy because he's not going to flip on the majority of his platform sooooo might as well settle in for 3 years of complaining about his policies from people that do not agree with them. Democracy n such
    Then gratz on being honest. But anyway, this thread isn't even about his policies. Go ahead and complain about those if you want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    "NO Ivanka! I won't go! They will make funny of me, and call me names, and..I...I'm not going!"

"Come on Dad, you have to be a big boy about this, it's really important."

"No! You can't make me!"
    It's funny, but honestly, he was probably asked to go by multiple people who know what they're talking about.

Trump is, instead, holding a campaign rally. On his 101st day of being in office, he's holding a campaign rally. So there is zero way to defend him not going to the WHCD by saying he was too busy, or doesn't like the spotlight.

Instead, he's doing exactly what you said: fleeing anything that could be taken as a negative view of him. Because his poor widdle ego can't handle things like "you broke your promises, here's proof" or "you don't know what you're doing, here's proof" or "you declared a trade war with Canada, fucking Canada, and you weren't drunk or on drugs, what the fuck dude seriously what the fuck?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    Spoken like a true bubble-boy, plenty of people like him... just not the "unbiased" media elite, who are totally not part of the Democratic party establishment.
    It was just a joke, lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Then gratz on being honest. But anyway, this thread isn't even about his policies. Go ahead and complain about those if you want to.
    It kind of is when you're saying why should he go if people don't like him. People don't like him because of his policies. Also his personality. Y'know what might help, at least in the personality department? Not avoiding the correspondent's dinner because you can't take jokes and criticism.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    It kind of is when you're saying why should he go if people don't like him. People don't like him because of his policies. Also his personality. Y'know what might help, at least in the personality department? Not avoiding the correspondent's dinner because you can't take jokes and criticism.
    I already said the media isn't going to be fair to him and it's going to be really awkward. This is also just an aristocratic circlr jerk. I'd rather he just do a normal press conference and don't deny access to some outlets.

Market's doing well and he's backed off his position about that wall to try and get a budget passed, which is the most Presidential thing I've seen anyone do in the last 8 years. The press sure has got everyone wound up on their behalf though.

Even if you despise the guy, you should consider if you really want him attending these things anyway. The last time Donald Trump was at a White House dinner, the President did a standup routine at his expense... so he took the guy's job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    Even if you despise the guy, you should consider if you really want him attending these things anyway. The last time Donald Trump was at a White House dinner, the President did a standup routine at his expense... so he took the guy's job.
    He was eligible for another term?

10+ Year Old Account
    so he took the guy's job.
    Right, because Obama was running?

I mean, good job on replacing someone who was leaving and couldn't come back anyways. I bet Trump gloats at taking the table of people that were done eating too.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Do you think people are going to hate him more or less for acting like this and skipping traditional events because "people don't like me".

These events are an opportunity for him. Something he doesn't deserve but gets by being president. And yet he's still squandering a chance for PR. Compounding his general stupidity with further stupidity. That nobody in this white house seems to understand the value of public relations is simply astounding.
    In that sense the dinner is trivial and I doubt the level of hate will change much either way, if a video of him abusing an animal surfaced then we are talking.

Sorry but not shedding any tears for the puppet whores who make up the Washington press core having to put up with a sense of weirdness over their annual banquet not being up to its usual standards. First world Washington problems right there.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Stop rustlin' my jimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Stop rustlin' our jimmies!
    Alright, I'll stop rustlin' your jimmies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well yeah, because you still hate his personality and you'd give him shit for being a flip-flopper.
    To be fair part of his whole shtick was that he wasn't going to be a flip-flopper. In that context, even if he does change his policies to be more reasonable, I think its still reasonable to criticize him for rolling over. That's the problem when you bill yourself in the way that he did to get his job - he didn't leave himself any wiggle room at all, and claimed it wouldn't matter because he wouldn't wiggle.

Calling out his hypocrisy is still reasonable even if you do support his new policy changes - that's what having a job like the President gets you. If you end up looking like you fibbed through your teeth to get the job you're going to be criticised for it and you're going to deserve that criticism.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

The only "rustled jimmies" seem to be from you, with the childish changing of the quotes after we point out your lies.

Buckle up, buckaroo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    To be fair part of his whole shtick was that he wasn't going to be a flip-flopper. In that context, even if he does change his policies to be more reasonable, I think its still reasonable to criticize him for rolling over. That's the problem when you bill yourself in the way that he did to get his job - he didn't leave himself any wiggle room at all, and claimed it wouldn't matter because he wouldn't wiggle.

Calling out his hypocrisy is still reasonable even if you do support his new policy changes - that's what having a job like the President gets you. If you end up looking like you fibbed through your teeth to get the job you're going to be criticised for it and you're going to deserve that criticism.
    I agree, but he'll always​ be in a lose-lose situation which was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Trump is the most shielded ever - he won't even let some media outlets into a press conference. Good point.
    There's more than one way to shield a person, as I'm sure you're aware.

Not having media in the room doesn't really shield Trump from opposition, that much is quite obvious. Nor will skipping this dinner. Besides, if this is your way of inaccurately stating that Trump is most shielded ever, I'd mention that Obama also messed with the media in similar fashion (note the word SIMILAR does not mean the SAME). Combine that with the eight-year love fest, downplaying of political scandals, and even going so far as to wish Obama could run for a third term, and it's quite easy to make the case that Obama is/was more shielded than Trump is.

The mainstream media seems to have little difficulty in finding things to report on that are not favorable for Trump, whether they were included in a press briefing or not. Trump shouldn't exclude them, but that's a different point entirely. With Obama, everything that went wrong was almost always someone else's fault - whether it was government shut-downs, minuscule growth in the economy, poor roll-out of Obamacare (though he did end up apologizing for the inconvenience - to his credit), fast and furious, spying on journalists, the secret Iran deal, race relations being worse than they have been in a decade, the VA issues, Benghazi, being labeled as one of the least transparent white houses in modern history, the IRS targeting conservative organizations, or releasing terrorists from Guantanamo that returned to the war-front - everything was either someone else's fault, whether it was someone on his staff, a former president, or deemed to be not a big deal. The mainstream media has had a hand in downplaying all of the above. If everything I mentioned above had you rolling your eyes or shaking your head, that's proof that the media shielded Obama from a lot of negative press, and they've successfully gotten you to believe it had nothing to do with Obama or gotten you to believe that it wasn't a big deal. Obama and the media even made the ridiculous claim that his administration was scandal-free. (You may conversely believe that my media sources have gotten me to believe everything that happened during Obama's presidency was his fault and IS a big deal. To be fair, there may be some truth to that belief, as well.)

With Trump on the other hand, everything is going to land on him, and we've seen that already. The difference in accountability is night and day. Please note, I'm not even a Trumpkin. I didn't even vote for him, but I find myself having to defend him because of dishonest claims made against him. Trump not going to this dinner has less to do with shielding himself from the media (I mean, it's a detente, right?!), and more to do with him giving them the middle finger. His distrust and dislike for them isn't exactly unwarranted. Have you seen the report that came out that shows that just 7% of journalists identify as Republicans? They are outnumbered 4:1 by journalists who identify as Democrat. Do you believe this doesn't affect how they report on things? Why would you want to rub shoulders and mingle with the very people who despise you? They'll despise you whether or not you have a dinner with them or not.

One thing is for sure, though, Trump will not be shielded or given the benefit of the doubt to the same degree that Obama was. Unless, of course, something radically changes.

**Please note I can't possibly post every link that relates, or every video that discussed these topics here.
    ***Please also note that the argument I am making is that Obama was more shielded than any president I can think of, and I've laid out my case as to why I feel that way
    ****Please also note that we probably won't come to agree on almost anything, but I felt that your response merited a response
    *****Please also note that I tried to stick with sources you would probably "trust" more than others. If a link doesn't seem to correlate with what I wrote, make sure to read the article, and it should become clear how I tied it in with what I typed.

You are all so mean! *sniff*
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, babbies first strawmen.

How cute.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    ...rustled jimmies...
    Donald Trump won the Presidency. lmao.

Trumps been roasted on comedy central a few times u think a few fairy mary celebrity democrats will offend hom, maybe yes lol but not as much as a CC roast would