Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post

Now the question, push someone that disagreed with Graehams line of thinking or someone that shied away from that conversation completely.
    Then who are you referring to here?

- - - Updated - - -

Also what was your d1 read again?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Then who are you referring to here?

- - - Updated - - -

Also what was your d1 read again?
    What? Instead of you looking back, you want me to?

My D1 vote on you was based on your "claim" and joking of being scum buddies. Will this pan out. Not likely. Do I have a better read right now? No.

OMGUS or not. The fact that people latched to 1 portion of his rambling is what stuck out to me.
    No he didn't. He called the votes on him suspicious, I asked why and he gave a reason that didn't make sense which I questioned. Even if had given another proper reason it wouldn't have changed anything. I question the things I find suspicious, not the stuff I don't (obviously), which was why Graehams last post was super weird because he was basically saying was that the other stuff he said somehow made his questionable logic less suspicious.

- - - Updated - - -

I have claimed SK d1 so many times and I've been town pretty much every time. What makes you believe it is scummy this time?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I cba to do this on my phone, I will get back to this later

7+ Year Old Account
    I have claimed SK d1 so many times and I've been town pretty much every time. What makes you believe it is scummy this time?
    Cry wolf enough times and people stop believing anythings wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of explained it yesterday, but I can elaborate. I believed his claim and survivor is kind of borderline bastard and most players dislike playing it (difficult to win, gets policy lynched etc), so I felt kind of bad for listo so I wouldn't mind letting him live as long as he would side with town (as in playing a pro town game), since scum was never going to kill him he would basically just be a free town vote. It was risky and the mechanical correct play is to just policy lynch him which was why I couldn't really argue against the train.
    hmmm, I gotcha. Although its hard to play pro town when so many of those colors are passive

Also, given that its an easy policy lynch, what do you think of the chances of scum hiding in an easy policy lynch? Remove graeham, and honestly I think the chances of large being scum are low. Mafia would have looked the goo thing up, and I imagine they wouldn't want to ever hammer a goo (although I suppose they could have and gambled with listo just being a default goo at the start). That leaves Ariendel, Marack, Tumppu, Danner, and myself (although I already know I'm not it. I didn't really expect my accidental vote to take off like that).

No such thing as an accidental vote. Please gurl.

Alright folks... let's be smart about this.

Everyone who is voting me because "I could be a blue goo" please go and read how the blue goo part of Listo's role worked.

Killing me or lynching me would make some one ELSE a blue goo. If Listo was killed or lynched once he was a blue goo he would have been guaranteed a win because we would never be able to get rid of the "blue goos". There would always be one.

Now, thankfully I'm not a blue goo but damn people trying to lynch me because I might be sure are scummy looking.

Vote: Kryllian

I'd be happy to lynch Palawin or Legs as well.

At least say my name right dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arindel View Post
    At least say my name right dammit.
    One does not simply get rid of their nickname, Legs.

Now, thankfully I'm not a blue goo but damn people trying to lynch me because I might be sure are scummy looking.
    Well that could go both ways (giggity).The people that are trying to lynch you might look scummy but who tells me that you are not the scum trying to throw attention elsewhere? I already said i really want to believe you but put yourself in my place for a moment. Would you risk it?
    I haven't played enough to know each and every ones playstyle so i am only going with what i see so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monkz View Post
    One does not simply get rid of their nickname, Legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    Alright folks... let's be smart about this.

Everyone who is voting me because "I could be a blue goo" please go and read how the blue goo part of Listo's role worked.

Killing me or lynching me would make some one ELSE a blue goo. If Listo was killed or lynched once he was a blue goo he would have been guaranteed a win because we would never be able to get rid of the "blue goos". There would always be one.

Vote: Kryllian

None of that is scummy. You're just Omgus voting.

Both mafia and town have an interest in eliminating a cult.

- - - Updated - - -

Although you did prompt me to reread Listo's role and note two things :

1. You're right about blue goo. The person would become blue goo, not rainbow goo like I was assuming. That means the mod balance line of thinking is less sound.

2. Black goo explicitly says "another black goo". Which suggest that there's are already black goo in the game. If so, the goo are less like a cult and more like a second scum team or third party masonry.

Which makes a lot of sense where the recruit ability was so limited and rng.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities, that listo got a color rolled for him for D1, because the "powers" included those that had an effect in case he got lynched.
    Now, chances that he got lynched was already small (expect after claiming) and that exactly blue goo got rolled is quite a bit lower. Unless blue was directly assigned to him. It's just a swamp of ifs.

Since pretty much everyone else but other goos would want to get rid of that, I'm not too keen to start voting off people based on hammering him, even if it was 4h before deadline with discussion going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    2. Black goo explicitly says "another black goo". Which suggest that there's are already black goo in the game. If so, the goo are less like a cult and more like a second scum team or third party masonry.
    "Another black goo" just means that since listo had rolled black goo for that night, the person targeting him would become "another black goo". Listo then could go on and be something else, while that "another black goo" would remain as such and convert any other players who happened to target him.

So, while the goo had cult like powers, they were just one of the many possibilities, so the "chaos role" is a pretty good description of it. Notable though, that not one of those were active, so a "chaos bomb" might be a better term?
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Cry wolf enough times and people stop believing anythings wrong.
    I don't really think that works here lol. Seems like a very lazy read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post

Also, given that its an easy policy lynch, what do you think of the chances of scum hiding in an easy policy lynch?
    Sorry I missed this.

I definitely agree that there is most likely at least one scum on his wagon. I was actually thinking about deflection, but seeing as Graeham has already flipped scum, Danner is the only real possibility. I don't have a read on him at the moment, but it might be worth looking into later, but it is just as likely all of the wagons were on town (and listo) so meh. In either case I think there is a high probability that there is a scum on listo's wagon.

What do you think about the players you mentioned?

I was actually thinking about deflection, but seeing as Graeham has already flipped scum, Danner is the only real possibility.
    *chuckles* Yeah, town is the scum at least when mafia is concerned.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

I disagree on lynching Largehorn over the premise of potentially being a blue goo. I do not believe he had a color, and I do not see why it would be worthwhile to waste a day just to be sure. Secondarily, the reason of lynching him for hammering 4 hrs before deadline does not sit well either.

Arindel pushing the "he could be blue goo" angle smells to me like a "looking for someone easy to lynch" option. I do not agree with it, and I do not read Arindel well as a result. At least Kryllian is experienced enough to not use that as the stated reason, despite pulling the same vote. And I essentially read it as exactly the same vote as Arindel's a result, despite not being stated as such.

Unfortunately - "looking for someone easy to lynch" is not scum indicative in these parts. So I cannot hold it directly against either. But in a more rational world, it would be.

As for the Graeham / Dupti debacle, I use it for exactly zero scumreads.

I think I will place my vote on Celtic. Because it seems to be the right thing to do, every time.

vote: celtic
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

So far there's exactly nothing to go on, as far as reasonable trains go.

I'll start one of my own.

VOTE: Palawin

For the sole reason of making consistent errors in commenting on things like the goo abilities that are just readable right here in the thread. In general, people seemed to like to read one line of goo abilities and then make all kinds of assumptions based on that. One being that "Large must be a blue goo", even if that would make for an unloseabe game for the goo player.

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    None of that is scummy. You're just Omgus voting.

Both mafia and town have an interest in eliminating a cult.
    Yes both town and scum have interest in eliminating a cult, but town wouldn't misrepresent what the "cult" effect means in order to try and lynch a player. That's what makes it scummy. Sorry but there is nothing OMGUS about that.

Unvote Vote Palawin

I've already said that I'm okay with Palawin, Kryllian or Arindel (sorry about calling you Legs earlier.... I legitimately was pressed for time and it was all I could remember T.T).

7+ Year Old Account
    @Largehorn (and @Danner for the same reason)

Largehorn's vote on me was completely OMGUS/retailiation. At no point did I bring up the Goo theory when I started his train right away in the day. I voted for him solely based on him ending the previous day early. In any other game that would be worth being a focus the next day especially when we have little to go on. So for you two to try and paint my vote on him as being based on the chance he might be a Goo today for being the hammer is faulty logic and makes me question you two as being town players.

But since you bring it up, lets say for a moment that Large has been turned into a goo today due to being the hammer. If he was to be lynched today, then he would flip as such and town knows to avoid the person who hammers him for at least the next day until they change colors again the next night and then determine if they want to risk a lynch the day after once their goo role has change. if he doesn't flip goo then we know that Listo wasn't a blue goo and this whole discussion was an exercise that went no where.

I still feel he's just as good of a candidate as anyone else put forward at this point and see no reason to change when the bulk of the remaining players haven't even put forth a vote yet.

You're still trying to push the "Large is a goo" theory.

Listos role was "Rainbow goo". One of his powers was "blue goo" which would cause anyone killing or lynching (hammer) him to turn into a "blue goo" in turn. Which would mean that the person turned would remain a "blue goo", unless removed from play by a mechanic not involving a direct kill or a lynch and as everyone should know, those are damn near non-existent.

Making listo a blue goo by default on day one would give a nice 1/13 chance of the game being an automatic win by the goo player by reason of not being able to get rid of it in any fucking way. I doubt crackle would have done that. That was only ever suggested by Palawin btw, and I have a vote on him partly for that exact reason. It's just outlandish. ANYTHING is better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    So far there's exactly nothing to go on, as far as reasonable trains go.

I'll start one of my own.

VOTE: Palawin

For the sole reason of making consistent errors in commenting on things like the goo abilities that are just readable right here in the thread. In general, people seemed to like to read one line of goo abilities and then make all kinds of assumptions based on that. One being that "Large must be a blue goo", even if that would make for an unloseabe game for the goo player.
    Your reason for voting me has nothing to do with being scum. Making errors?
    I'm sorry but the are a thousand errors a day here. And not only that - I corrected myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    Yes both town and scum have interest in eliminating a cult, but town wouldn't misrepresent what the "cult" effect means in order to try and lynch a player. That's what makes it scummy. Sorry but there is nothing OMGUS about that.

Unvote Vote Palawin

I've already said that I'm okay with Palawin, Kryllian or Arindel (sorry about calling you Legs earlier.... I legitimately was pressed for time and it was all I could remember T.T).
    Not only did I explain why I thought you might be goo, after I reread I corrected it and said we should not lynch you.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so sick of this lol. No wonder this community has shrunk so much. Like 3 players actually trying at all.