Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So... She's THAT bad at explaining stuff?
    He probalby had a cold and couldn't hear very well that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    He was born a billionaire, and American are stupid.
    Its not that hard with enough money, it seems.
    Regardless of how he acquired his wealth and (your opinion of) the american population's intelligence, facts remain facts and not "bullshit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    It was done to Bush for 8 years, so you have another 7 to go for the sake of equality.
    Nice try. But bringing up the previous president's policies while discussing the current administration is perfectly fine. Which is why I said Clinton instead of Obama. And, frankly, Bush's policies are STILL relevant as the impact of his economic policies are still at play and last I checked we're still mired in the middle east. So...yeah. Unless you want to talk about Clinton's policies as Secretary of State you're just being creepy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Not everyone is an internet tough guy
    Says the guy who said he'd do worse than crucify someone...screw the consequences? Boy did you miss the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Idk can't imagine he become a billionaire nor took on the supposed most powerful position in the world by being "dumb"
    Success doesn't mean universal intelligence. Trump is a brilliant marketer and excellent at media manipulation. Does that mean he can explain quantum physics? Nope. You're falling prey to the halo effect. Just because Trump is good at something else doesn't mean he's great at understanding the nuances of European trade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Anon sources are total bullshit 99.9% of the time.
    Citation needed. I really doubt anonymous sources in legitimate publications (as opposed to...say...a discussion forum) are BS 99.9% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's cute. How many times did she have to have the concept of "border controls" explained to her? 50? 100? She still doesn't get it. Or she's paid enough not to. Who is she to think she's in a position to explain anything... to anyone? Some hag whose party hasn't been given the boot yet, although it may well be given it soon.

He was born a billionaire, and American are stupid.
    idk if trolling or just legit dumb but 1) no, he wasn't 2) most wealthy offspring don't grow their parents' wealth through active participation in their business and 3) that'd be Americans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I wonder noone talks about Ivanka Trump visiting germany.

The press says foxnews made an article about it and that the audience booed at her.

This isnt true. There just were two or three boos until Mrs. Trump talked about her attitudes.
    Yes, she engaged in wrongthink, whilst sat next to some smug bitch who should be locked up in prison. How awful and boo-worthy.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

The press says foxnews made an article about it and that the audience booed at her.

This isnt true. There just were two or three boos until Mrs. Trump talked about her attitudes.
    In the EU we care so little about her and her father that we don't even make time to "booo".
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone please get past the London times paywall so I could read their entire article? That's who business insider cites for this supposed exchange.
    t

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Success doesn't mean universal intelligence. Trump is a brilliant marketer and excellent at media manipulation. Does that mean he can explain quantum physics? Nope. You're falling prey to the halo effect. Just because Trump is good at something else doesn't mean he's great at understanding the nuances of European trade.
    Please quote where I've implied he was good at quantum physics? Or even point me to how any of that is relevant in the slightest. You've just admitted he's a "brilliant marketer and excellent at media manipulation". In what world does that make him "dumb"? A pretty broad statement. One that, by the poster i've challenged's logic, could be applied to anybody on the planet because they're not good at or "can't explain" 'x'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Please quote where I've implied he was good at quantum physics? Or even point me to how any of that is relevant in the slightest. You've just admitted he's a "brilliant marketer and excellent at media manipulation". In what world does that make him "dumb"? A pretty broad statement. One that, by the poster i've challenged's logic, could be applied to anybody on the planet because they're not good at or "can't explain" 'x'.
    I was trying to put this in the context of the discussion. you were making the point that Trump being successful means he isn't dumb in the context of him apparently not understanding European trade. My point was that just because he's successful in one area (marketing and media) doesn't automatically make him successful in another (international trade).

In a broader context I was reacting against this notion that because Trump is a billionaire he's automatically the best at *insert item here* that his supporters constantly parrot. He'll be the best at running the military because he's been a CEO. He'll be the best at foreign policy because he's done business in multiple countries. He'll be the best at running the government because he's got business experience.

No. No No No No No. That's the halo effect and it's a bad bad thing to do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect

If you want to read up on what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Jesus fucking christ how twisted are your panties about Trump? How many fucking unsubstanitaied nit picky liberal pussy aching threads can we have on here.

TRUMP CANT OPEN PEANUT BUTTER

TRUMPS SONS TIE IS FUCKED UP LOLZ

TRUMP DROPPED A FORK AT DINNER
    This isn't unsubstantiated, it was reportedly quite frankly in German media a couple months ago. And it's also not a joke problem like "Trump can't open a can of peanut butter." It's world politics and a global "leader" a) not knowing what he's doing, b) not listening to the other leader explaining shit to him and c) thinking he can get his candy if only he begs often enough like the little kid in the supermarket at the checkout line...

Attributes that come to mind: Ignorant, impolite/unattentive, immature.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if you expect a US election rally outcry and riots, but in Germany, when you have important leaders in the room, Ms. Merkel and Lagarde mind you, you behave yourself and don't start a riot because one numbnut said something stupid. What you're conveniently ignoring is the gasping her comments produced. That was even more telling than the two boos. That was a room full of serious people shocked and insulted by what she said.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathrendar View Post
    That's cute. How many times did she have to have the concept of "border controls" explained to her? 50? 100? She still doesn't get it. Or she's paid enough not to. Who is she to think she's in a position to explain anything... to anyone? Some hag whose party hasn't been given the boot yet, although it may well be given it soon.

idk if trolling or just legit dumb but 1) no, he wasn't 2) most wealthy offspring don't grow their parents' wealth through active participation in their business and 3) that'd be Americans.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, she engaged in wrongthink, whilst sat next to some smug bitch who should be locked up in prison. How awful and boo-worthy.
    That is the new thing Trump defenders are going with? He was not born to rich parents now?

Nice try. But bringing up the previous president's policies while discussing the current administration is perfectly fine. Which is why I said Clinton instead of Obama. And, frankly, Bush's policies are STILL relevant as the impact of his economic policies are still at play and last I checked we're still mired in the middle east. So...yeah. Unless you want to talk about Clinton's policies as Secretary of State you're just being creepy.
    Example number 1, liberals still blaming Bush 9 years later. It's like the last president couldn't fix anything.

Not remotely credible. No way he understands even after 11 times having it explained.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the new thing Trump defenders are going with? He was not born to rich parents now?
    I wish *my* not-rich parents had set me up with $200 million dollars as a leaving-the-nest fund.

They need to come up with news lies to coverup their failure. And if they say a lie 10 times they believe it themself the 11th time.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

10+ Year Old Account
    Example number 1, liberals still blaming Bush 9 years later. It's like the last president couldn't fix anything.
    guess what. Reagan's policies still matter in today's world. If you want to ignore that feel free but be prepared to be laughed at by anyone with any actually knowledge about politics or economics.

guess what. Reagan's policies still matter in today's world. If you want to ignore that feel free but be prepared to be laughed at by anyone with any actually knowledge about politics or economics.
    You mean 22 year old's with Vagina hats on and Bernie stickers in a liberal college are gonna laugh at me? How shall I overcome the Shills?

Deleted
    Confirmed by my cat, Trump reportedly "MEWOOOOOO MEOW MEEEEOW MEAW". Also, he's literally Hitler.

Forgive me if it's hard for me to take the silly things being "reported" on seriously considering all the other anonymous officials confirming everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean 22 year old's with Vagina hats on and Bernie stickers in a liberal college are gonna laugh at me? How shall I overcome the Shills?
    must be delightful to be so blissfully unaware. I'm envious.