Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Well, first, no, the ACA included a provision that forced all members of Congress to get their insurance through the exchanges. So you're just wrong there, and yes, exempting themselves from that provision does make them hypocrites.

And second, get the fuck off this forum with that eugenics shit.
    You are right, my information was outdated about congress being exempt from Exchanges Set up. They had tried to do that, before the passing of the bill. They later decided to use the small business exchange setup instead of Individual Member signup exchanges, because In individual member signup gov't would not be able to contribute toward it i.e. basicly pay all their premium (upto 12000 dollar from gov't, so yes, basicly free). So, NOW congress is a small business. What information I found about that, stated there were law suits on that, and federal judge ruled congress did nothing wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Except that

1. Our systems are costing our governments LESS than your system is. And yours hasn't yet collapsed (though I can't see why), so ours is even further from that.

2. None of the countries you mentioned are experiencing any sort of population boom. Their total fertility rates are all below replacement. In the case of Canada and Germany, way below.

But don't let those troublesome facts get in the way of a good frothing right-wing rant.
    Yes, it is LESS now, but it is consistantly increasing. There is also other factors besides insurance that is lowering the costs. Two larges example, are a)Lack of Breeder population i.e. Hispanics, b)Price control of services and Price negotiation (which i am for).
    On regards to population boom, read my entire paragraph within context, the poor people have seen population boom, while middle class have seen decreased in ALL those countries. Simply due to having to pay tax for the poor class. Example, If you are middle class you are responsible for education fund of your children, their healthcare, Housing, Property Tax and other costs associated with middle class living. If you are poor, State will pay for insurance, Housing, Free Education. Which means you are not responsible for financial wellbeing of your children, while middle class has to be for their. As a result, you will see poor people breeding more, than middle class (Major reason all European countries are seeing decline in population). This added pressure from growth of poor people (what do you think children born from poor family are going to be? Rich?) will reach a breaking point on the middle class, evantually creating the Maltusian crisis.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, looks like the mods have scrubbed this piece of garbage. Good riddance.
    why are you saying I am garbage? Do you believe it is morally and ethically right to have children and pass on the cost for raising them to others? Is that the civilized and just and moral thing to do? i am not even asking for no children for poor people. I am simply asking sterilization AFTER 2 children. People are reproducing as usual, only limit on poor people who can not take care of even 1 person. We have people breeding whose children ONLY get meal at SCHOOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    But both sides are the same!!!!
    yes, they genuinely are if you are middle class. Democrates want to care for poor people by taking money from the rich people and middle class, while republicans only to enrich the rich people by lowering their taxes, while keeping our the same. I will be honest, I have been poor and I have been middle class. I was living FAR more stress free as a poor person, than a middle class (Now I am a poor elderly, which is wierd state since I have a limited budget, although I don't have that much financial obligation).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    People who live in a society will always have a stake in that society's well-being.
    Nope, poor and the immigrants have no stake in the existing society. The poor have no future, and poor people know it. The immigrants do not have roots in the society since it is not their race, or their culture or their wellbeing depended on the society. Example, MANY indians support H1b visa, yet forget their OWN children would be competing for those jobs in the near future. Right now, they would be competing with White people. They don't care because it is not their culture or their race that is being harmed. In the future, they will be since their children will be American worker. But future is future and this is present. The same attitude toward welfare. Even though Welfare costs society as a whole, poor people do not have any stake here, so they breed irresponsibly, making welfare work even harder. Example, look at black and hispanic neighborhoods.

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-04-27 at 04:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was really hoping they wouldn't try this again. You simply cannot separate the pools. The whole reason insurance works is there are healthy people in the pool to offset the sick. The whole "why should I need insurance if I'm young?" thing is just as stupid. Shit happens to people regardless of age. I knew several people who were hospitalized or disabled in high school. I got cancer at 33. I have several friends who ended up with medical issues in their 20s and early 30s. The reason you buy insurance is so you are prepared for those possibilites. Screw anyone who votes for this in congress (exempting themselves) from both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I was really hoping they wouldn't try this again. You simply cannot separate the pools. The whole reason insurance works is there are healthy people in the pool to offset the sick. The whole "why should I need insurance if I'm young?" thing is just as stupid. Shit happens to people regardless of age. I knew several people who were hospitalized or disabled in high school. I got cancer at 33. I have several friends who ended up with medical issues in their 20s and early 30s. The reason you buy insurance is so you are prepared for those possibilites. Screw anyone who votes for this in congress (exempting themselves) from both parties.
    I agree with this. Pools does not work. But here lies the problem American mentally of screw you works on both ways. The receivers of the care want to behave irresponsibly free of consequences i.e. liberals, gays, prostitutes etc. and yet expect the Same cost as people such as say Catholic Nuns. Under current plan covering "essential" stuff teh deductible is high because insurance has to take care of the high risk pools. Freedom of action should have consequences such as dirt bikers having to pay for their own insurance because of dirt biking is dangerous but they should be free to do it as long as they pay higher cost.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    why are you saying I am garbage? Do you believe it is morally and ethically right to have children and pass on the cost for raising them to others? Is that the civilized and just and moral thing to do? i am not even asking for no children for poor people. I am simply asking sterilization AFTER 2 children. People are reproducing as usual, only limit on poor people who can not take care of even 1 person. We have people breeding whose children ONLY get meal at SCHOOL.
    The fact that you don't seem to see anything wrong with this paragraph makes me wonder if your own parents raised any human children. Do you actually think enforcing sterilization is the 'civilized and just and moral thing to do'? You're a massively racist thug, and I hope you get banned for perpetuity. GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    This is basically racist nonsense.
    Why do you say that? I have given examples that ties to my OWN community (I am indian). What is YOUR retort? Have you EVER considered maybe reality is racist? That racism affects behavior of other people besides the White people? or Do you believe ONLY white people are capable of human failing of racism?

i am not even asking for no children for poor people. I am simply asking sterilization AFTER 2 children.
    therein lies your problem.

they wouldn't necessarily *be* poor, if the proceeds of their labour wasnt squandered on taxes & tithes to the governments & corporations monitoring the terms of their probational liberty.

so you rob them of their wealth because they lack the power to protect it, and then you kill their children because they are not wealthy.

The fact that you don't seem to see anything wrong with this paragraph makes me wonder if your own parents raised any human children. Do you actually think enforcing sterilization is the 'civilized and just and moral thing to do'? You're a massively racist thug, and I hope you get banned for perpetuity. GTFO.
    steralization AFTER two children. And there is NOTHING wrong or unethical about it, espcially since YOU demand society pay for those children that the parents can not afford to take care off.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    therein lies your problem.

they wouldn't necessarily *be* poor, if the proceeds of their labour wasnt squandered on taxes & tithes to the governments & corporations monitoring the terms of their probational liberty.

so you rob them of their wealth because they lack the power to protect it, and then you kill their children because they are not wealthy.
    How would they possibly have children after they are sterilized? They already will have two children before steralization procedure carried out. And they have no wealth to begin with. They were born poor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Congress exempt themselves from obamacare as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with this. Pools does not work. But here lies the problem American mentally of screw you works on both ways. The receivers of the care want to behave irresponsibly free of consequences i.e. liberals, gays, prostitutes etc. and yet expect the Same cost as people such as say Catholic Nuns. Under current plan covering "essential" stuff teh deductible is high because insurance has to take care of the high risk pools. Freedom of action should have consequences such as dirt bikers having to pay for their own insurance because of dirt biking is dangerous but they should be free to do it as long as they pay higher cost.
    The difference is your particular example is that dirt biking is an elected activity with known risks and while there are certainly known factors that one can choose to partake in that will increase their health risks, there are many factors that cannot be accurately predicted. Using myself as an example, I was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer not typically seen in adults. My family had very little occurrences of cancer and I didn't lead an overly unhealthy lifestyle. The cancer was incredibly aggressive and came with virtually no warning. I had a check up & x-rays on Sept 7th that year with nothing unusual showing up. By November 21st, I was coughing up blood and had a 8.5 cm by 10 cm tumor in my chest that was growing rapidly. My tumor markers spiked to nearly 2200 (normal is under 10) in just 2.5 months.

Stories like this happen every day. I am actively involved with cancer groups/charities and hear countless stories. You are at risk of getting sick at any time with or without warning. That's why its both important to get insurance yourseld and for the insurance companies to have pools that include both the healthy and the sick to manage risk.

Soooo many lies it hurts. Congress and Senate was 100% exempt from the burdens of Obamacare, and it was passed without a single Republican vote. The lie that they had to "buy a plan from the exchange" is a common one liberals like to tell. Where they "bought" the plan didn't change the fact that the plan itself was exempt from every rule, burden, and cost that everyone else stuck with.

Congress doesn't have to pay massive premiums or deductibles like a normal person does. So while it's "from an exchange" it's not any health plan that you or I can buy from that same exchange. Only members of Congress and the Senate have access to it. So before anyone cries about Trumpcare exemptions, go complain about the nightmare and lawlessness that is Obamacare first. Otherwise you're just being a hypocrite, which has been standard operating procedure since the day Trump got elected. Complain about anything and everything he says and does, even if it's stuff your own side is guilty of.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Didn't Congress exempt themselves from obamacare as well?
    Negative, sir. And for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Soooo many lies it hurts. Congress and Senate was 100% exempt from the burdens of Obamacare,
    See above.

and it was passed without a single Republican vote.
    Completely immaterial to the discussion at hand, and also ignores the fact that, while no Republicans voted for it, they certainly did have some input in the drafting process.

The lie that they had to "buy a plan from the exchange" is a common one liberals like to tell. Where they "bought" the plan didn't change the fact that the plan itself was exempt from every rule, burden, and cost that everyone else stuck with. Congress doesn't have to pay massive premiums or deductibles like a normal person does. So while it's "from an exchange" it's not any health plan that you or I can buy from that same exchange. Only members of Congress and the Senate have access to it.
    Congressional plan(s) are, functionally, the same as any kind of employer-provided plan. Some better options, some worse ones. I can't go out and buy the exact same plan for the same cost as, say, an Intel employee, but it's nothing to get into a tiff about. Also, if you want to claim outlandish things, you should really provide some kind of source. Makes my life easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

The difference between the supposed "death panels" some on the right were freaking about before Obamacare was passed and an insurance company death panel?

Insurance companies are businesses and this is America so they can do no wrong because capitalism.

Someday the arms race to see who can break what and blame it on the other side will end and we can start working together for the betterment of everyone. I just hope I will be around to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Soooo many lies it hurts. Congress and Senate was 100% exempt from the burdens of Obamacare, and it was passed without a single Republican vote. The lie that they had to "buy a plan from the exchange" is a common one liberals like to tell. Where they "bought" the plan didn't change the fact that the plan itself was exempt from every rule, burden, and cost that everyone else stuck with.

Congress doesn't have to pay massive premiums or deductibles like a normal person does. So while it's "from an exchange" it's not any health plan that you or I can buy from that same exchange. Only members of Congress and the Senate have access to it. So before anyone cries about Trumpcare exemptions, go complain about the nightmare and lawlessness that is Obamacare first. Otherwise you're just being a hypocrite, which has been standard operating procedure since the day Trump got elected. Complain about anything and everything he says and does, even if it's stuff your own side is guilty of.
    Okay, so. Congress does still have to buy a plan from an exchange, like everyone else. True, it's a better plan than most of us can get, but they still have to go through their exchange and, unlike the pre-ACA days, they have to actually pay for some of their health care now. I'm not sure what you mean by 'exempt from every rule, burden and cost', because that's not the case. Also, exactly why would the left lie about Congress having to be on ACA? The only time it would benefit them would be if Congress decided they actually were exempt from the ACA, as we're seeing now.

ACA isn't perfect, but it's hardly a nightmare and there's nothing lawless about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Fucking lol. Why the US continues to pick from two garbage political parties is astounding.
    All you are doing is comparing a jaywalker to a mass murderer.

Because both are criminals, they are equally as bad amirite?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    What gets me is how they can be so blatantly hypocritical and still have rabid supporters.

Like what the hell?

Like, who the fuck keeps voting for Mitch McConnell?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    All you are doing is comparing a jaywalker to a mass murderer.

Because both are criminals, they are equally as bad amirite?
    Which is worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Which is worse?
    Only you can answer that to yourself.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Which is why this bill is reversing a protection that prior politicians, who inexplicably didn't behave like they should have 'since the beginning of time,' put in place.

No, the reason we get this shit is because people make excuses for them.
    Who's making excuses? I certainly never offered any. You're cherrypicking to fit your biases, which is fine. Most people do that. Just don't expect everyone else to go right along with you. Have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Who's making excuses? I certainly never offered any. You're cherrypicking to fit your biases, which is fine. Most people do that. Just don't expect everyone else to go right along with you. Have a good day.
    False equivalence itself is an excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?