Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    They utilize game space a lot better, specially vertical space.

From one side of a zone in LGN to the other is fairly similar to any other zone. Compare Stormheim for instance, to Hyjal or Grizzly Hills. WE just can't compare to Dragonblight west to east, that's a tad nuts.

As playable area Broken Isles are roughly the same size as Pandaria, and slightly smaller than Draenor or Northrend.

Did comparisons. Broken Isles playable area (includes non-fatigued seas) is outlined in red, other continent's playable area in green.

Outland:

Northrend:

Pandaria:

Draenor:

Broken Isles aren't that different sizewise from previous expansions. Northrend is the outlier here, beign bigger than the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    I am sorry for you. Glad you enjoyed it I guess.
    Did you invest more than 35 hours into WoD?

Weather or not you enjoyed it at time and taking hindsight into consideration, you got your moneys worth out of it purely based on time, unless your that arrogant you think a pound or less an hour isn't worth it.

thats without taking into account the actual content.

I'll be the first to say WoD was the worst expansion, over hyped delivered less than promised and gave us that fucking abomination of a patch 6.1 (literally, first time I unsubbed in over a decade because of that twitter and seflie bull shit being the main highlight of a patch). But the amount of time we all sank into it, made it worth the 35 price tag, the gold people still have to this day because of garrisons, made it worth the price tag, ingame items such as mounts which buffed peoples total count up that collect made it worth it.

The only people who have the right to say it wasn't worth its cash are the people who picked up a copy, played a few hours and never logged back in until Legion launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post

But since unlocking flight, I've noticed that the Broken Isles seem awfully... Small. Suddenly, the distance between my current point and my next point has shrunk dramatically and it appears to be a lot more prevalent this time around.

Is it just perception?
    Nope. Just a fact you realized after you can jump over the maze, instead of travelling through it. This simple observation shows how Blizzard complicated A-B route so it takes way too much time compared to relative distance.

Sure, isles are rather small themselves and flying strait, uninterrupted from A to B shows that. Only annoying obstacles and well designed maze enlarged it, but just virtually. Right now, having seen all zones multiple times, traveled on foot all of them in every direction several times I'm glad I can swiftly and economically (time wise) get to my destination. Even if flying whole Legion zones takes me less than a minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    I'd rather have a "small" space densely populated than having a big landmass with nothing in it. I think that, apart from some mountains in Highmountain and Stormheim, every little nook and cranny i used for treasure, world quests or rares.
    I think this may well be the reason I generally enjoyed the zones. Rather than empty dead spaces, that don't do a lot, the Broken Isles do feel that there's a lot more in 'em. Funnily enough, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Broken Isles aren't that different sizewise from previous expansions. Northrend is the outlier here, beign bigger than the rest.
    I had a suspicion Northrend was the outlier, and it looks like there's essentially an extra zone's worth of content in there. But the point people have made about the large expanses, particularly in places like Hellfire Peninsula and Dragonblight, is fair.

To be clear, this wasn't a complaint - it was an observation. At no point have I felt the Broken Isles didn't have enough content, and that's really all that's important. Even with flight, the magic is that there's still plenty to do; something Warlords of Draenor just didn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    This simple observation shows how Blizzard complicated A-B route so it takes way too much time compared to relative distance.
    I really felt this in Draenor, but the zone design in Legion has felt substantially less obnoxious. Draenor just always felt like the original Ashenvale, which was a zone I actively despised because of all the trees you couldn't get past. Legion just didn't feel like that at all.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    "The tinier the zone, the more concentrated the fun"

Deleted
    Well thats why they call it "The broken isles"

lul ¯\_(ツ)_/¯