Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    Shadow Bolt for Affliction is so wrong I'll suppose you didn't play it in WotLK. A DoT specc which primary focus is to not mess up DoT timing can't be casting. Channeled ticks are way better for that. WE, the warlocks who played since Vanilla and through BC and WotLK, FOUGHT hard to have a channeled filler.
    So you speak for all locks who played since vanilla, cool.

I'd rather have shadowbolt with the old nightfall proc than channeled fillers any day tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post

I'd rather have shadowbolt with the old nightfall proc than channeled fillers any day tbh.
    I'm sorry to pop your bubble but there was an unanimous claim toward channeled filler - wether I speak in plural or not.

No there was not. And besides, your reasoning doesnt hold up anymore anyway since we have plenty of time refreshing our dots with pandemic. I dont mind about drain soul actually, apart from the clipping bug. Or did they fix it already?

This!

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post

A thousand times this. Shadowbolt with Nightfall was great. People did want some kind of Dot filler but that was only because there were things that scaled off dots that didn't scale off direct damage. It was also before dots could crit and a bunch of other stuff.

I loved Nightfall. Would be great to have an affliction variant. Doesn't HAVE to be a shadow bolt. Can be a corrupted explosion or some other rubbish. Was just a fun random mechanic rather than a lame random mechanic like shard generation...

Quote Originally Posted by transparent View Post
    That at least would have helped with our burst, Death's Embrace does sweet FA for our burst. Perhaps if DE didn't have the "up to" modifier it could be good. Don't we just LOVE RNG aye?! Shoot me now.
    DE isnt rng. The damage increase starts at 0% when the boss hits 35% and increases linearly as the boss health drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    No there was not. And besides, your reasoning doesnt hold up anymore anyway since we have plenty of time refreshing our dots with pandemic. I dont mind about drain soul actually, apart from the clipping bug. Or did they fix it already?
    There actually was way back when. Warlocks wanted something like Spriests since it "fit" affliction better than the same shadow bolt demo and destro used. So, Blizz gave affliction DS, demo kept shadow bolt and destro used Incinerate solely.

Regardless, I dunno what trying to going back in time has to do with the actual thread subject...

Quote Originally Posted by Joryy View Post
    It is significantly worse than twist of fate.

Twist of fate procs a buff that effects all of your damage. It's up most of botanist and tich. This only effects actual execute damage. The existence of a single add that dies will make twist better.
    Well yeah, you mentioned two fights that we are really good at, but what about on fights like star augur? We are balanced with shit single target because of this talent but that doesn't seem to be the case for warlocks, and 50% damage increase compared to 20% is pretty damn huge. Now if is ramping then it's a bit more balanced but it's still sad to see the sp niche given to another class while we are giving nothing whatsoever on ptr so far. As it is looking right now there is zero reason to ever use a shadowpriest over a warlock in tomb.

Deleted
    Well yeah, you mentioned two fights that we are really good at, but what about on fights like star augur? We are balanced with shit single target because of this talent but that doesn't seem to be the case for warlocks, and 50% damage increase compared to 20% is pretty damn huge. Now if is ramping then it's a bit more balanced but it's still sad to see the sp niche given to another class while we are giving nothing whatsoever on ptr so far. As it is looking right now there is zero reason to ever use a shadowpriest over a warlock in tomb.
    Well yeah, how about the amazing spec design that spriests currently have? You know, the one that resambles old demonology and is ACTUALLY FUN TO PLAY? I do agree that spriests could use a buff on the numbers, however blizzard absolutely butchered every warlock spec in legion. They removed so many baseline abilities from us and turned them into talents or gave them to other classes while getting nothing new in return, no wonder 70% of the warlocks are very salty. Whats left are specs that feel unfinished and not fun to play at all. This is the first expansion that i have ever considered rerolling from warlock just because the class right now is just a shadow of what it used to be. And now they give us even more stuff that we already used to have anyway in some twisted manner. Other than the fact that its pretty much what we used to have on our drain soul anyway, Death's embrace seems like a good change and it will be amazing for progress raiding. I just hope it gets its maximum dmg increase effect on like 10% of the boss hp or something, 1% wouldnt just feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripfull View Post
    Is the 450% SL damage a bug? Seems weird to be that high.
    Makes sense since they moved it to bottom tier, helps offset the execute option.

Looking like currently the build will be 1 1 * 3 * 1 3 for most ST situations. Maybe SC until we get 2 set. Will be about an even swap when we break NH 4 set. So doubt it considering most will have 4pc NH.

Deleted
    I think the SL buff is also down to it being removed from our mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Carzac View Post
    I think the SL buff is also down to it being removed from our mastery?
    Look at WowDB PTR and wowhead PTR both show SL on mastery. It wasn't removed.

SL went from 57.1% SP to 90% per tick because its a 100 tier talent and has to compete so it got buffed.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2017-04-27 at 02:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Look at WowDB PTR and wowhead PTR both show SL on mastery. It wasn't removed.
    Ahh I just saw on the front page the mastery change and didn't see SL there anymore, my bad! :P

I'm sorry to pop your bubble but there was an unanimous claim toward channeled filler - wether I speak in plural or not.
    Really now, consider my bubble popped , I didn't know there was a unanimous claim.

I must've missed the Warlock Union meeting when they decided to call all warlocks in the world and vote for which path the design of our class was supposed to go.

Deleted
    Not for a 100 talent it isn't. It has to compete with Soul Conduit for example.

What a load of bullshit. I'm not saying there's enough advantages to channeled fillers, but I too am playing warlock since fucking vanilla beta and I LOVED having shadowbolt with nightfall proccs. The flow the specc had back then was amazing and interesting and just a joy to play. Sure, there's also disadvantages to that, but at the end of the day, if the numbers are reasonable, I'd prefer having a specc that is lots of fun to play instead of one that's just as smooth and easy as possible, but boring.

That being said, I liked the MG-UA-cycle draining style too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    It isn't 50%. it is up to 50%, which means that over the course of the entire execute phase, it averages 25%. Given that you get an add to proc value out of ToF on literally every fight this tier in mythic nighthold, it is incredibly safe to say that Twist is better.

As to shadowpriest vs warlock, you've got your head up your ass. Tuning for Tomb hasn't happened yet, so your prediction is factless. Further, Shadowpriest public logs outnumber ALL warlocks on m Gul'dan (and most of the other 19 bosses so far this expansion) prior to 7.2.
    Last edited by Joryy; 2017-04-27 at 07:22 PM.

Deleted
    The only thing inflating the number sin Nighthold is the excessive uptimes of Reap and Reap empowered Wrath. This simply will not happen in Sargeras because most of the fights there do not feature loads and load sof little adds to cheese buffs off of. Reap boosts our dps by almost 30% due to the artifact doubling effect and if you have Wrath up that doubles up to 20%. That effect compounds, so it;s actually a more than 50% damage bonus up for long periods.

I suspect that Wrath will do very little in Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Youre not gonna win this argument. People will find even the tiniest excuse to shit all over this class, despite them maining it. The warlock community has waaay to many morons for you to out-logic.
    Resident BM Asshole

I there wasn't. Been playing since Vanilla beta, I'd love to have shadow bolt back. Channeled filler sucks.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    These changes are horrid. The fact that most Afflocks couldn't figure out how to use Soul Effigy properly doesn't justify removing it and screwing up my talent choices. Now I have to choose between keeping Siphon Life and a sub30% HP passive execute that will obviously be mandatory for doing any gods damned damage in instances... WONDERFUL. So as a dot-based class, I'm being put BACK into the position of having to choose my dots over being able to actually DPS, and even that will be tied to mobs under 30% HP which means it will boost my overall damage far less than soul effigy did. Are they high?

I finally had Affliction in a place I enjoyed for the first time since TBC, and they go and pull this crap. I can't decide who annoys me more - blizzard, or all the people who play affliction so badly that blizzard needs to keep dumbing it down for them... e_e

Guess I'm glad I've been gearing up my restro/guard druid since I unlocked flight. It was fun while it lasted.....