Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Greetings
    A 905 version of Fel-Oiled Infernal Machine dropped from weekly chest. I have the 940 KJ legendary trinket and 865 Dos. What is the best combination of these? ( I think the legendary+the 905 one?)
    Thanks for the answers.
    Last edited by mmoc1ab4244364; 2017-04-26 at 04:53 PM. Reason: mistype

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leenath View Post
    Greetings
    A 905 version of Fel-Oiled Infernal Machine dropped from weekly chest. I have the 940 KJ legendary trinket and 865 Dos. What is the best combination of these? ( I think the legendary+the 905 one?)
    Thanks for the answers.
    Gut feeling would be CoF + 905 on most of the content, KJ + cof might pull ahead on smth like skorp ? Anyways as usual, you should sim it for your toon.

Deleted
    Dos+Kj= 588k and Kj+905 fel-oiled is 601k. Simmed on dps dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    the problem isnot with Dos itself, the leg trinket alone can sim better than a low dos, but than you cant use the legy helm or cape if you do so
    Not even just about using helm or cape, but any other legendary, even "non-dps" ones, will be strictly better than any epic counterpart.

Archi I see you've looted kazzalax and recently the angry hat yet you seem to refuse to wear at least one of those BIS. You've been rocking Prydaz-aggramar/mannoroth this whole tier. Explain yourself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannakis View Post
    Archi I see you've looted kazzalax and recently the angry hat yet you seem to refuse to wear at least one of those BIS. You've been rocking Prydaz-aggramar/mannoroth this whole tier. Explain yourself
    I guess it's the same that what I've been "forced" to do : playing kazz or hat means you have to equip shit tier pieces. If you play non tier legendaries, you can play only the well-ish itemized tier pieces and completely forgo any 2 out of chest / legs / gloves depending on what non tier pieces you can swap in.

I personnally play with bracers and rethus on farm, bracers and prydasz on progress.

Quick question about the execute rotation.

When the boss is gonna die in the next say 10-15 seconds, should we keep on doing the FS-BT-Exec rotation or do we dump the same way we do before a BC ? Or to say it differently, do we dump only not to waste rage, or does it also deal more damage in that 10 seconds window even if we let enrage / FB drop during said dump?
    Last edited by mmoc9bf1303bee; 2017-04-26 at 08:51 PM.

Since OF was buffed, should the opener be BC/AV > ramapge > DOS > RB > OF (OF instead of BT)?

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Since OF was buffed, should the opener be BC/AV > ramapge > DOS > RB > OF (OF instead of BT)?
    Not unless you really dislike being Enraged.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Not unless you really dislike being Enraged.
    Sorry to quote you, but I've gotta ask a question. Is the Dinner Bell worth it for Fury?
    Also. Is the Sim on AskmrRobot completely daft, cuz I'm getting some weird trinket suggestions.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Sorry to quote you, but I've gotta ask a question. Is the Dinner Bell worth it for Fury?
    Also. Is the Sim on AskmrRobot completely daft, cuz I'm getting some weird trinket suggestions.
    I realized that my premium sub on AMR from MoP was still active the other day due to forgetting to cancel before quitting. Saw the yearly charge pop up on my bank account. Figured it wouldn't hurt to try the Best In Bags option to see what it was like and whether I should cancel it.

It made me realize that a pair of boots I had in the bank with crappy stats was actually an upgrade but outside of that the recommendations were horrible. Specifically the trinkets.

AMR was such a useful tool previously with reforging and gear upgrades. Someone might be able to explain what it's still useful for, but gear recommendations for Fury doesn't seem like a viable option anymore. That or I just don't know how to use it anymore.

As far as Dinner Bell goes....it's pretty trash I would imagine. You could line it up with Avatar, but with DoS being so good you're not going to want to drop it, and the only way I could see Dinner Bell being worth it would be if you got lucky and proc'd mastery off of it increasing your DoS damage. I don't like leaving things to that much RNG though and that would mean you'd have to unequip CoF. If you have nothing better to use then obviously use Dinner Bell, but there are plenty of trinkets worth taking over it. You could always sim it though and see for yourself if you should use it.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-04-27 at 01:01 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Kinda sad that we are stuck with DoS + CoF most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    and the only way I could see Dinner Bell being worth it would be if you got lucky and proc'd mastery off of it increasing your DoS damage.
    it always procs the same stat of the food youre using, thats why its good for DHs.
    Still not worth over cof

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creraria View Post
    it always procs the same stat of the food youre using, thats why its good for DHs.
    Still not worth over cof
    Does it? Figured random was a pretty specific word. Yea I agree still not worth using over our typical trinkets.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Does it? Figured random was a pretty specific word. Yea I agree still not worth using over our typical trinkets.
    It's only random in case you don't use buff food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiowas View Post
    Kinda sad that we are stuck with DoS + CoF most of the time.
    I wouldn't really consider it sad, there's usually always a set of best trinkets that you'd want to use for most (if not all) fights. I do think they're very annoying to use though and I'm pretty excited to eventually replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Just gonna bump this up real quick

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    Quick question about the execute rotation.

When the boss is gonna die in the next say 10-15 seconds, should we keep on doing the FS-BT-Exec rotation or do we dump the same way we do before a BC ? Or to say it differently, do we dump only not to waste rage, or does it also deal more damage in that 10 seconds window even if we let enrage / FB drop during said dump?

Mathematically speaking it's better to just dump everything into Execute once you reach the point where you can do so for the rest of the fight. The math is fairly simple:

Spoiler: 

Assume 30% Haste and +50% damage from Enrage. With those stats and 4pT19 you should be able to fit 4 Executes into an Enrage, netting you damage equal to 2 more Executes in that time period. It should be obvious that spending 2 GCDs on FS->BT for the chance of 2 Executes' worth of damage isn't a better option than simply using Execute twice.

If you already have 2+ FS stacks and at least 6 GCDs left then it's worth going for one last Enrage before you start dumping, but otherwise just mash the Execute button until the boss dies. The trickiest part is gauging when to start mashing so you don't hit 0 prematurely.

Deleted
    That was my napkin maths too, and what I was doing, plus getting back to BT / Exec / RB if needed if I started dumping a few gcds too soon Good to know I was not completely wrong ahah

Quote Originally Posted by Montegomery View Post
    Mathematically speaking it's better to just dump everything into Execute once you reach the point where you can do so for the rest of the fight. The math is fairly simple:

Spoiler: 

Assume 30% Haste and +50% damage from Enrage. With those stats and 4pT19 you should be able to fit 4 Executes into an Enrage, netting you damage equal to 2 more Executes in that time period. It should be obvious that spending 2 GCDs on FS->BT for the chance of 2 Executes' worth of damage isn't a better option than simply using Execute twice.

If you already have 2+ FS stacks and at least 6 GCDs left then it's worth going for one last Enrage before you start dumping, but otherwise just mash the Execute button until the boss dies. The trickiest part is gauging when to start mashing so you don't hit 0 prematurely.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    That was my napkin maths too, and what I was doing, plus getting back to BT / Exec / RB if needed if I started dumping a few gcds too soon Good to know I was not completely wrong ahah

"A few GCDs" would be relative to ~5s; spam Execute, use Raging Blow if you can't, BT if the target is still alive, and repeat.

Deleted
    hello

i come back to play one month ago, atm i have 4 legendaries (waist crafted, ayala, sephuz and mannoroth). With waist and wrists i have 29% haste and 39% mastery. I should change legendary? or is good?

The BiS legendaries are still back and head? or head and waist crafted? Because at the moment i think we can go offset with chest from guld'an, is a good idea?

Thanks