Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Well in 2000+ years people have demonstrated they cant seperate the 2..
    What? Europe and the US are literally that, religion separated from the government.

Religion's done way more good to humankind than harm.

Deleted
    And that is the reason why i would like not to have any muslims out there in my country.

As an atheist from my fellow christians/catholics i can expect disdain or indifference, not a big deal. From my "not-so-fellow" muslims i'd expect my head, served right in front of me.
    And don't give me that crap like "uhhh but muslims in civilized countries do not behave like that", well, yup, cause they are minority, yet. But as soon as their numbers grow they would demand more for them and less for rest.

And it's happening right now, Sharia courts in Sweden (now only in family matters) that don't belong to the Swedish jurisdiction.
    Sharia patrols in UK.
    In Belgium, two elected muslim politicians openly admitted that they want sharia law in Belgium, not now? Sooner than later then.
    Demanding segregation for men/women in schools/pubs like in Swe/France etc

And woah, they are merely 5-10% in those countries, get some clue what will happen in about two generations when they will be close to 40% or even more.

Gaddafi was right: "We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe—without swords, without guns, without conquest—will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades."

And what is most funny and sad at the same time, those "defenders of religion of peace", gays, feminists, apologists, heathens etc....would be the first to fall, the first to die, but nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    It's not that simple

Many people confuse atheism w/ apostasy and blasphemy. If you never were a Muslim and you're an atheist, no one really cares. If you're an atheist AND do some blasphemous stuff, e.g., post on Twitter that religion/prophet/etc are shite, you're fucked. If you were a Muslim and then abandoned Islam, you're fucked, because that's how you become an apostate. And apostasy is kinda deadly sin, in some countries it's literally deadly
    But in a lot of countries you're born as a Muslim so making any (logical) decision for yourself on this matter is automatically apostasy.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    Radical + Ideology does not need stupid book to do stupid things. People do stupids things regardless of religion. Just look at radical antifascist beating up nazis or extreme right-winger beating up black people or whatever.

Religion is not the problem. Stupid people are. Getting rid of religion won't make stupid people disappear. Education will. So educate people.
    But you do need a ideology in order to become radical, and atheism has none. Although i do believe that people are perfectly capable of doing stupid shit, religion just makes it so much more easy to be stupid.

You can not "ban" stupid people, how ever, you can ban religion from state office.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    What? Europe and the US are literally that, religion separated from the government.

No they are not, i sure wished they where, but they are not. Granted, its not as bad as it was a few centuries ago, but we still have blasphemy laws among other silly laws that should not be there, but still are.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    But in a lot of countries you're born as a Muslim so making any (logical) decision for yourself on this matter is automatically apostasy.
    Yeah, that's why there's a lot of closet apostates, some people even choose to leave their countries for this reason. That's quite unfortunate, but can't be helped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanatoss View Post
    No, atheists just do stupid shit to others for personal gain
    Not really, well, they do, but all humans pretty much do, this is not something that only atheist do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanatoss View Post
    No, atheists just do stupid shit to others for personal gain
    Are you equating atheism with lack of morals now?

And there would be no "personal gain" from atheist point of view to hunt and kill people who believe in hokuspokus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Are you equating atheism with lack of morals now?

And there would be no "personal gain" from atheist point of view to hunt and kill people who believe in hokuspokus.
    Most of these people think that you can only have "morals" because they fear everlasting damnation if they have none. But it has never occurred to them that doing something because you fear something else more is not really all that moral. I would argue that doing something moral because you believe it to be the correct way to do something is worth far more praise then doing something because you fear you will be eternally damned otherwise.

Pretty despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzum View Post
    the leaders of the UN Human Rights Council and the leaders of the UN Women's Rights Council
    One of about 50 nations on each. Not leaders.

Not that that makes it much better.

Quote Originally Posted by velren View Post
    Who gives a shit? 1 bad apple can ruin the bushel. And all Islamic states are like that. Islam is not a religion of peace, that is obvious. I am not am fan of any religion but to act as if Islam is not far beyond most other mainstream theology in their extremism is just silly.
    There is only one "Islamic state". Saudi Arabia is a kingdom.

The majority of the world's Muslims don't even live in the Middle East.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It's their culture, you wouldn't understand.

After all it's also their country, they can do whatever they want, we shouldn't interfere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Religion sucks.
    Sorry, not sorry.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Or, you know, being a country that is just not religious, and religion to you has always just been a historical thing, and not something that you would actually believe in for real.
    sweetheart, I grew up in the 80s in the uk, where on birth records parents were made to put a religion on it under law, and schools were made to teach you about god and the bible regardless what school it was. I became atheist on my own accord.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    But you do need a ideology in order to become radical, and atheism has none. Although i do believe that people are perfectly capable of doing stupid shit, religion just makes it so much more easy to be stupid.

You can not "ban" stupid people, how ever, you can ban religion from state office.

- - - Updated - - -

No they are not, i sure wished they where, but they are not. Granted, its not as bad as it was a few centuries ago, but we still have blasphemy laws among other silly laws that should not be there, but still are.
    Like what? This is news to me. You get sued for calling priests pedos or what?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, slandering should be punished.

10+ Year Old Account
    We should be able to extract these people from these retarded way of thinking. You don't kill someone because he's an atheist, what the hell is that.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Like what? This is news to me. You get sued for calling priests pedos or what?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, slandering should be punished.
    I'm not sure how it is in America as i do not live there, but here in Europe allot of countries still have blasphemy laws, it has to be quiet on sundays and stores can't be open because of religion. From what i can think off in America i think there was just something that gays can't adopt children because somehow the person that could not be bothered to raise those children might be religious and having "their children" raised by gays would be "hurting their freedom of religion".

No they arnt. An entire religion has its own country in europe. America is still plagued by religious bullshit in its laws. They are in no way seperate. And no religion has done zero good, its tricked people into a false sense of security. Its stunted science, education, reason and logic.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    I'm not sure how it is in America as i do not live there, but here in Europe allot of countries still have blasphemy laws, it has to be quiet on sundays and stores can't be open because of religion. From what i can think off in America i think there was just something that gays can't adopt children because somehow the person that could not be bothered to raise those children might be religious and having "their children" raised by gays would be "hurting their freedom of religion".
    I live in Romania and I never heard of shit like that.

From what i can think off in America i think there was just something that gays can't adopt children because somehow the person that could not be bothered to raise those children might be religious and having "their children" raised by gays would be "hurting their freedom of religion"
    That sounds bullshit. The one that gives the kid for adoption shouldn't have a say, he's relinquishing his rights.

An entire religion has its own country in europe
    So what? Vatican is an independent state AFAIK you can't change that just because you don't like religion.

America is still plagued by religious bullshit in its laws.
    Such as what?

And no religion has done zero good, its tricked people into a false sense of security. Its stunted science, education, reason and logic.
    Ah, I see you're one of the edgelord atheists that parrot what they hear on the Internet.

Religion was making all the discoveries in the middle ages, because they had the money. They built universities and funded scholars.

Even the psychological aspect of being at ease with death because you believe there's a heaven helps people.

Then there's the moral laws like '' don't steal '' '' don't fuck anyone but your spouse '' which had their purpose.

You think having laws against cheating is a bad thing? It's not. Some humans are animals with no morals. Better to impose them than to let them run rampant.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2017-04-27 at 11:18 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzum View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7703161.html

Ladies and gentlemen, i present to you Saudi Arabia, the leaders of the UN Human Rights Council and the leaders of the UN Women's Rights Council, the biggest ally of the EU and USA in the Middle-East and the point to muslim country when it comes to proving how civilized they are.
    Money means you get away with anything. Welcome to capitalism.
    Justice, ethics and morals are for the masses, so we think we've got something we don't.

Deleted
    I live in Romania and I never heard of shit like that.
    So in Romania there isn't such a thing as closed stores on Sunday? I'm not sure how it works over in Romania, but im pretty sure that you will find some forms of religion in law if you go and look for them. Laws like these often do not get chanced, but they rather choose not to enforce them.

That sounds bullshit. The one that gives the kid for adoption shouldn't have a say, he's relinquishing his rights.
    It does sound like bull shit, but there is a thread on MMO-C about it. Had the same reaction as you, but clearly the people baking it into law disagree with us.

true but how would you know