Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Does anyone know if you get a price reduction on the mega bundles if you already own some of the heroes contained in them? Trying to get the maximum out of my 1100 gems.
    The mega bundle costs 100 gems, you only get to buy one (The others go away when you purchase one).
    You were given 100 gems for free.

So just choose the one with the most heroes you want//or the one which will give you the most heroes.

Heroes cost more than 200+ gems by themselves, so the bundle is a 'massive sale'.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    And still no surrender option
    If a game is lop-sided enough where surrender would be reasonable it's gonna be over in 15 minutes or less. There is zero reason for a surrender option in HotS, this isn't League where a steamroll can take 40 minutes to be over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    And still no surrender option
    Games end fast, I just crushed a team in 11 minutes.
    You can't surrender in LoL until 15mins, Dota never, and if you're not losing before 15mins its because people in your team are trying to win.
    Not to mention the countless turnarounds I've seen in this game, both for and against my team. There is no need for a surrender option.
    If you don't want to play 10-25minute games, then just don't play it. If the game gets to 25 minutes then it's because both teams are actually trying to win, and therefore the surrender would fail anyway.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    The mega bundle costs 100 gems, you only get to buy one (The others go away when you purchase one).
    You were given 100 gems for free.

So just choose the one with the most heroes you want//or the one which will give you the most heroes.

Heroes cost more than 200+ gems by themselves, so the bundle is a 'massive sale'.
    Thanks! Got the tank bundle, as it had the most heroes I hadn't obtained yet (10 I didn't own) out of the four bundles.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess my only complaint so far is that master skins no longer have the prestige status they used to, considering you can just craft one for 100 shards with no apparent hero level requirement.

Also, the menu UI is starting to suffer from information overload, similar to DOTA 2 and LoL. Sixty, colorful hero portraits on the character select screen with clashing colors; eleven tabs on the collection screen, and the loadout menu has alot of tabs within itself. It's nowhere near as bad as DOTA 2 or LoL yet, but I'm concerned that additional tabs added in the future will make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Infested Tychus. I purchased Tychus with gold but I payed for the skin with USD. Both versions of infested Tychus are shown as not owned. I looked at my transaction history for blizzard and I indeed purchased it, so I am compiling a list of what I bought and will compare it when I go home for lunch and open a ticket.
    I repeat, where, exactly, are you looking for the skin? Skins don't show on pages, you have to scroll down now, are you scrolling, or just looking at what's there, not seeing a "next page" arrow, and assuming it's missing? I've seen several people do this, hence why I ask.

I do not understand. I thought they've tweaked the hero XP curve to get the levels faster. But all my heroes are their old level?

Well I'm enjoying myself so far. Picked up the Flex mega bundle and to be honest I don't know why I left a game I was actually good at. Gonna work on getting some heroes to 5 then go ranked with Xul, Vikings, Tyrande, Muradin, Leoric and I think Rehgar.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Does anyone know if you get a price reduction on the mega bundles if you already own some of the heroes contained in them? Trying to get the maximum out of my 1100 gems.
    Nope! It costs 100 gems, no matter which one you choose and how many heroes you already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I do not understand. I thought they've tweaked the hero XP curve to get the levels faster. But all my heroes are their old level?
    They evened out the curve, basically. Heroes at level 5 will be about the same, while heroes at 9+ will have substantially higher levels (for example, I had Abathur at level 11 and he shot up to just under 20).

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    What level are your heroes at? The XP curve is relatively similar until hero level 8 or 9 now. It caps out at 1.2 million XP needed per level at level 12, where the old increase cap happened at level 10 at 4.75 million. You won't see a significant increase unless you had a bunch of heroes above 9/10 under the old system.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    The point was: Reinhardt is known for his shield blocking damaging abilities and pinning people on wall.

D.Va is known for other stuff, overloading her kit just to make her overpowe... eh, solo tank I mean, is just wrong.
    DVA blocks in a small area and blocking ANYTHING over a short time

varian is known for charging and having alot of life steal
    butcher is known for charging and having alot of life steal

guess they cant exist togehter
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    DVA blocks in a small area and blocking ANYTHING over a short time

varian is known for charging and having alot of life steal
    butcher is known for charging and having alot of life steal

guess they cant exist togehter
    Why did I even bother talking to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    They evened out the curve, basically. Heroes at level 5 will be about the same, while heroes at 9+ will have substantially higher levels (for example, I had Abathur at level 11 and he shot up to just under 20).
    oh i was wondering why my Nazeebo shot up to level 18

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Hero guides, like what talents to pick and how to play the heroes. I would also take video guides.

Last time i played was a year ago, but i played A LOT, but so much changed.
    Super late reply here, I apologise, but you might find what you're looking for in my signature. They're tier lists created by three high level players, the Srey and McIntyre ones also include builds to most or all the heroes.

Srey's one was just updated and the one I go to more often but reddit seems to prefer McIntyre's.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I haven't played in months, so I have a noob question. What's the difference between gems and shards? So if I understand this right:
    - gold is used only to buy new heroes
    - everything else can be bought with shards, which you can get from chests (?), which you get from leveling up (?) and the weekly brawl
    - it doesn't seem like there's much you can do with gems, except buy featured bundles, heroes (a waste since you have gold for that), skins and mounts?
    Gold is used to buy heroes and reroll loot.
    Gems are used to buy heroes, featured items, and stimpacks. The featured list changes every week.
    Shards are used for literally every non-featured cosmetic item you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I haven't played in months, so I have a noob question. What's the difference between gems and shards? So if I understand this right:
    - gold is used only to buy new heroes
    - everything else can be bought with shards, which you can get from chests (?), which you get from leveling up (?) and the weekly brawl
    - it doesn't seem like there's much you can do with gems, except buy featured bundles, heroes (a waste since you have gold for that), skins and mounts?
    Yes, gold is used to buy new heroes and reroll loot boxes.

Gems are purchased with real money(and awarded for playing the game, I forget the total but I think you get 100 gems every...10 player levels you earn, someone else can correct those numbers if I'm wrong), and are used to buy stuff from the "featured items" list(which will have diff stuff on it every week) or loot chests(1k gems=12 loot chests, I think).

Shards are used to buy skins, mounts, announcer packs, banners, and all the other cosmetic stuff. You get shards from loot boxes, either as a direct reward(I've seen rewards of 20, 50, and 100), or as a replacement for duplicate items. Duplicate skins, heroes, and mounts award 20 shards for rares, 100 for epics, 400 for legendaries. Duplicate common emojis, sprays, banners and stuff are worth 5 shards. Dunno what duplicate announcer packs or rare banners/sprays give you.

You get loot boxes from leveling heroes(every level you gain will net you +1 player level and give you 1 loot box, every 5 player levels grants a rare box instead that is guaranteed to have at least 1 rare item, and every 10 levels instead grants an epic chest(guaranteed to have at least 1 epic item). Every hero you level to 10 also gets you a "hero box" which is exactly the same as a normal loot box, except it is guaranteed to have at least 1 item related to the specific hero. You can also buy loot boxes with gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone suggest an announcer to get?
    I heard everyone raving about Abathur and Gazlowe saying how good they are, but I love Illidan and Zeratul as characters so can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Can anyone suggest an announcer to get?
    I heard everyone raving about Abathur and Gazlowe saying how good they are, but I love Illidan and Zeratul as characters so can't decide.
    I personally like ETC. You can look up all of their voicelines on youtube and see which one you think sounds cooler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM1pk0CaVQw Here's Aba, for example, might help you decide which one you like most.

Illidan announcer pack just sounds like the match announcer is a guy that got told by his boss he can't have the time off he wanted, so now he's angry and sulking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Illidan announcer pack just sounds like the match announcer is a guy that got told by his boss he can't have the time off he wanted, so now he's angry and sulking about it.
    Wouldn't you be angry and sulking if your brother had cockblocked you for ten thousand years?