Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Your top 5 things that the next expansion must "not" do that Legion "did"

What would they be?

For me, its simple:

RNG Cancer has to end:
    The next expansion needs to reintroduce a badge of justice or equivilent form of resorce we can farm in dungeons/raids that we can actually get relevent and progressive gear from once again, I feel like Legion has become SO reliant on RNG its Over-reliant on it.

From the get go of the future expansion, it needs to be something that you can grind towards but 100% get something from, all the while the bonus rolls and RNG should still be in the game but as ADDITIONS to the grind, not the ONLY form or actual progression.

Also, using this same dungeon/raid currency leans into my next point:

Upgradeable Gear, to Warforged/Titanforged:

The currency should be useable to upgrade your gear like before but not just 1/4 to 4/4 like the old valor system but literally allow you to turn a piece of gear "into" warforged/titanforged if you have enough resorces to do so.

Yet again this allows a sense of actual progression, that gives you a feeling your moving forwards all the time as opposed to stagnating and forced to farm literally -everything- in the game to get even 1 piece of gear.

Legendaries should not be Candy Drops, Ever:

Legendary gear in the next expansion should simply not drop, period, there should only be materials needed to CRAFT legendary gear or MAKE it over many dungeon farms, pvp, and raids giving the feeling that legendary is once again, legendary. Giving it meaning and value where it currently is down to "who gets lucky I guess?"

The Next Expansion needs Flying from day 1:

I dont care, I know this is a controversial topic and I know it will get me alot of flak but heres my counter argument: I want a zone that can ONLY be accessed BY flying to it, an end game zone, one that requires that kind of progression to move into the end game.

I think that, is the real issue with flying, a lack of imagination on blizzards side, something that isnt really forfilled purely by giving us gliders and fake flying.

Considering most of Legions pre flying days I was able to pretty much fly anyway with a DH it felt irelevent to even block flying from launch as you kinda already "had" it depending on specific classes.

The issue with flying isnt a restraint required on it, but more imagination needed with it.

Love it or hate it, PvP needs a Trashran:

PvP is virtually dead this expansion with the talent system being a nightmare revamp to a already badly designed change. World PvP is just boring and lifeless with most of it being tied ENTIRELY to world quests none of which are even interesting to do.

PvP needs another world pvp zone, or a new BG to freshen the experience and having both would be great, but it definately needs something "new" as whats already there is dead and lifeless.

Those are my five, whats yours?

Remember, this is not about what you want in another expansion, rather what you DONT want from Legion to cross into the next.

1. No fel.

2. More deaths.

3. Threats to feel like a threat.

4. No more RNG.

5. Story-lines finishing.

Deleted
    1. New setting. So tired of green fel and jagged rocks.
    2. Depth in storyline and story telling
    3. More nuanced heroes/villains. No more REEARGHI'M SO EEVILLH-demons. No more "but the world is in peril"-stereotypes. It's tiresome.
    4. Make Mythic flexible raid size or give us one flexible raid size that isn't loot-lock puggable.
    5. Scalable zones in the old world so following quest lines / stories actually works and makes sense.

Gear/Legendaries are just fine as they are. WQ system is fine. Flying is fine as it is - they don't need to change much. Just raise the bar on writing/storytelling.
    And give us who actually like smaller guilds, a flexible raid size that isn't automatically puggbale right out of the gate
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-04-27 at 11:58 AM.

Deleted
    1.Loading screens: there has to be a way to enter the game and load all the zones at once, so when that is done there are no more loading screens.

2.Vendors: Next time for the blood of whoever vendor, please put a slider on him/her so we do not have to sell the damn bloods one by one.

3.Remove the "thank you for playing wow you rock" it gives me the creeps.

4.Remove the death penalty when being ganked.

5.Enable an option to disable cinematics and dialogue boxes as the one there is in D3.

Deleted
    RNG Cancer has to end...Upgradeable Gear, to Warforged/Titanforged...Legendaries should not be Candy Drops, Ever
    Grouping these together because they're essentially the same complaint. RNG is a fundamental tenet of MMO design. Many think it's the worst it's ever been in Legion; I happen to not mind it at all. But yeah, I've been lucky. And I'm not so insecure that I get bent out of shape if I don't get a perfect, titanforged version of any particular drop.

The Next Expansion needs Flying from day 1
    Never happening. They would need to design every zone with it in mind, and they won't, because it's easier to ground us since it's exponentially easier to design on one plane. They haven't designed a zone with flying in mind since Storm Peaks in Wrath, and even that was at the tail end of levelling in that expansion.

Love it or hate it, PvP needs a Trashran
    This I can agree with.

1. Pathfinder, justmake flying available at max level
    2) any type of class hall or garrison with a mission table. Im tired of being the chosen one, the leader of my classs etc when it in no way shape or form actually feels that way.
    3) excessive RNG
    4? Warforgiung and titanforging . I want set gear that I can work towards and have a goal for, not just hoping RNGesus smiles on me. Getting gear should feel good not feel like it sucks.
    5) MaKE pvp FUN AGAIN AND INTRODUCE A pvp AREA LIKE wINTERGRASP
    6) get rid of the current Dev team and especially Ion. Bring in Devs who have a passion for the game and who actually play it. Hire some new talent because what we have now sucks open ass.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    Well that theme of a pressing invasion and all out war everywhere is quite tiring. Its not nostalgia about vanilla or tbc but you know what I mean : areas where although the main culprit/threat are working but also the factions there got more issues to solve, you need to fix side storylines and ofc rewards got different appearances according to the area theme etc.
    Basically if u ask me they defo have the resources and they should already leave the lazy attitude behind and have an assigned team constructing the next expansion theme and areas from now so in 2-3 years we get something great and not an expansion of 6 areas with one villain and his army.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    Grouping these together because they're essentially the same complaint. RNG is a fundamental tenet of MMO design. Many think it's the worst it's ever been in Legion; I happen to not mind it at all. But yeah, I've been lucky. And I'm not so insecure that I get bent out of shape if I don't get a perfect, titanforged version of any particular drop.

Never happening. They would need to design every zone with it in mind, and they won't, because it's easier to ground us since it's exponentially easier to design on one plane. They haven't designed a zone with flying in mind since Storm Peaks in Wrath, and even that was at the tail end of levelling in that expansion.

This I can agree with.
    MOP had flying designed into every zone it feels like. From the start. Same with Cata

- - - Updated - - -

And fix these stories. 2 expansions in a row where there is a massive threat to all of Azeroth and it feels nothing like that. The only time it felt like azeroth was in danger was during the pre expansion event. After that the Legion is only invading a small chain of Islands that everyone seemed to have completely forgotten about? Guldan was a big Bad who after the expansion introduction was MIA until the end of NH. Woopptee. The majority of the expansion until now was the Crack Elves.
    If they ever release another " biggest patch ever" like 7.2 then you know the Devs are completely creatively bankrupt. 7.2 was one giant clusterfuck and 7.2.5 is not looking any better

1. No legendaries at all
    2. No PVP progressing of any sort for PVEs killing PVE mobs
    3. No flying ever, send us somewhere so that we can't fly. Flying is a cancer system, since it makes no sense to not be able to fly on broken shore/broken island, ZERO fucking sense. A brand new place, something like Northrend where it was too cold and you could get it when you got to the place that could teach it to you... I'm fairly ok with something like that, but the bullshit exercise to get flying the last two expansions is bullshit. I'm a grinder, not a quester. So fuck blizzard and fuck you to, if you like the way it is.
    4. Amp up the faction war, no more coming together bullshit. No one wants that garbage. I want to kill the Alliance and fuck Chromie as well. Little fuck all gnome dragon.
    5. No more world quests that involve shit like "kick nuts and collect some squirrels" cuz that's dumb as shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Two things I disagree with.

1.: We need RNG, not going to have a point system so I can go to the shopping mart for my dreamy boots. Sorry, but it was so dull in wrath with points.
    3.: Legendaries should mostly be locked behind X amount of weeks questline.
    4.: We DON'T need flight from day one. Though, I am supporting flight from day one, if locked back a Pathfinder achievement (with one stage).
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-04-27 at 12:41 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    What would they be?

For me, its simple:

RNG Cancer has to end:
    The next expansion needs to reintroduce a badge of justice or equivilent form of resorce we can farm in dungeons/raids that we can actually get relevent and progressive gear from once again, I feel like Legion has become SO reliant on RNG its Over-reliant on it.

From the get go of the future expansion, it needs to be something that you can grind towards but 100% get something from, all the while the bonus rolls and RNG should still be in the game but as ADDITIONS to the grind, not the ONLY form or actual progression.

Also, using this same dungeon/raid currency leans into my next point:

Upgradeable Gear, to Warforged/Titanforged:

The currency should be useable to upgrade your gear like before but not just 1/4 to 4/4 like the old valor system but literally allow you to turn a piece of gear "into" warforged/titanforged if you have enough resorces to do so.

Yet again this allows a sense of actual progression, that gives you a feeling your moving forwards all the time as opposed to stagnating and forced to farm literally -everything- in the game to get even 1 piece of gear.

Legendaries should not be Candy Drops, Ever:

Legendary gear in the next expansion should simply not drop, period, there should only be materials needed to CRAFT legendary gear or MAKE it over many dungeon farms, pvp, and raids giving the feeling that legendary is once again, legendary. Giving it meaning and value where it currently is down to "who gets lucky I guess?"

The Next Expansion needs Flying from day 1:

I dont care, I know this is a controversial topic and I know it will get me alot of flak but heres my counter argument: I want a zone that can ONLY be accessed BY flying to it, an end game zone, one that requires that kind of progression to move into the end game.

I think that, is the real issue with flying, a lack of imagination on blizzards side, something that isnt really forfilled purely by giving us gliders and fake flying.

Considering most of Legions pre flying days I was able to pretty much fly anyway with a DH it felt irelevent to even block flying from launch as you kinda already "had" it depending on specific classes.

The issue with flying isnt a restraint required on it, but more imagination needed with it.

Love it or hate it, PvP needs a Trashran:

PvP is virtually dead this expansion with the talent system being a nightmare revamp to a already badly designed change. World PvP is just boring and lifeless with most of it being tied ENTIRELY to world quests none of which are even interesting to do.

PvP needs another world pvp zone, or a new BG to freshen the experience and having both would be great, but it definately needs something "new" as whats already there is dead and lifeless.

Those are my five, whats yours?

Remember, this is not about what you want in another expansion, rather what you DONT want from Legion to cross into the next.
    I agree with all except flying: I actually liked exploring the world at ground level.

Furthermore the RNG system needs to stop. It'd be way better to just buy an arcanocrystal and then upgrade it gradually. It adds up to a feeling of progression.
    Killing jim every week since one and then buying dozen of trinkets just for a chance to get it is retarded and boring. This is just an example but I found it ilustrating.

The M+ system needs to adapt to this too. Make at least 1 piece of loot guaranteed if you 3 chest an instance and remove the WF/TF in exchange for valor points for example.

Wouldn't it be better grinding dungeons for valor points instead of praising for RNG? Nothing is stopping you from grinding and you actually feel better.

7+ Year Old Account
    1. Flying should just be learnable at max level for a thousand or coupla thousand gold.
    2. PvP talents need to be removed and added as normal talents. In fact, just bring back Van/TBC/WotLK style talent trees, since the customisation and playing about with specs was amazing (but not cata specs, cos they forced you to get the last point in a tree before getting any points in other trees).
    3. Remove the diablo style legendary system. Legendaries should be something you work towards a la MoP lego cloak.
    4. Stop making specs rely so heavily on RNG (Destro, DK to a certain extent due to rune regen, Unholy for sure, etc.). Playing a spec should reward those who play it best, not those who get the best RNG.
    5. When you are dead you should ALWAYS have flying. There is exactly 0 justification as to why you are making me run 5 fucking minutes in ghost form from the graveyard in Skold-Ashil in Stormheim, all the way down to the Falconsaur area behind HoV

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It must get rid of absolutely everything related to the garrison table. It was awful in Draenor and it's awful now.

It must have more than 4 levelling zones. That's inexcusable.

It must have a new capital city. Recycling Dalaran was the laziest thing they could do.

It must get rid of artifacts (although they've already said artifacts aren't sticking around). I'm going to riot if I get stuck with fist weapons for another expansion, overhauling the transmog system only to restrict our weapon options was just stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    5.No more world quests that involve shit like "kick nuts and collect some squirrels" cuz that's dumb as shit.
    WHAT?
    Like seriously what is wrong with you?
    I have to jump into a fence to get some of those squirrels, i could break my neck, the feeling of danger that the quest provides it is awesome XD
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2017-04-27 at 12:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    It must get rid of absolutely everything related to the garrison table. It was awful in Draenor and it's awful now.

It must have more than 4 levelling zones. That's inexcusable.

It must have a new capital city. Recycling Dalaran was the laziest thing they could do.

It must get rid of artifacts (although they've already said artifacts aren't sticking around). I'm going to riot if I get stuck with fist weapons for another expansion, overhauling the transmog system only to restrict our weapon options was just stupid.
    Also would like to add another as a support to @Sir Happy.

Having to relevel through the exact same zones every time with each character is fucking awful. Even in WOD you had more options to level.
    Fucking scrap the Legion idea of having to complete each zone, and make a higher variance of leveling zones so that leveling alts doesnt feel like slitting metaphorical psychological wrists

Also , i dont know what they have to do but for Gods sake, fix the issues with certain areas in zones that cause your FPS to drop like a rock. This is one of my biggest pet peeves in the game right now.

Deleted
    Make zones more open and less like labyrinthine.
    Have areas to travel through and roads to travel along - every square meter doesn't have to be a twisting path packed with quest mobs
    Make gearing more exciting rather than random drops just from playing
    Make use of the old world more.
    Give us back weapon drops

10+ Year Old Account
    The only things I'd like to see go are legendaries and warforged/titanforged RNG upgrades.

If they still want to keep the effect of warforged/titanforged RNG upgrades making it worth it re-running dungeons after you got all the loot, I'd much rather bosses drop an item you can apply to gear to upgrade them to warforged/titanforged so you at least have a choice.

1. no more RNG gear. No more warforged/titanforged
    2. No more random legendaries. Either make 1 for each spec or don't do it at all.
    3. No more Timegating. Make rep grindable, don't have us wait for a week/day each time
    4. Choose where you level. It makes it so that you can't build a story across multiple zones, which is a shame. Also: more than 4 leveling zones, 6-7 is better.
    5. Release raids with patches. We can have the 2 week delay after launch, but not do it for every patch. Just release the raid straight away.

10+ Year Old Account
    In order of importance for me:
    1. Less RNG and more deterministic loot progression.

2. Pathfinder with FLYING as a reward in the game from day 1 (should takes 2 months+ of work but no "wait for patch lol")

3. Ease up on the whole catch-up thing. If players work "hard" for stuff, the next patch should not invalidate that right away.
    I know it's great for people that like to drop in now and then but it utterly kills any motivation to sink any effort into this game.

Not much else that bothers me, really. I'd love for them to scale down on the difference in player power between a raider and a non raider, but with their current difficulties it's not really feasible.