Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Well in 2000+ years people have demonstrated they cant seperate the 2. So removing is the option i see that will work the best. Since people cannot be trusted to not push thier version of hokuspokus on others then they shouldnt be allowed to have it. The human race will be better off without it.
    I mean. It's pretty hard to make people stop believing in something or to not teach their beliefs to others.

Plus this is a slippery slope since you don't want ithers to force their beliefs on us yet you want to force yours onto them.

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    I mean. It's pretty hard to make people stop believing in something or to not teach their beliefs to others.

Plus this is a slippery slope since you don't want ithers to force their beliefs on us yet you want to force yours onto them.
    Science and reason and fact arnt a belief they just are. I think a great start would be to outlaw the indoctrination of children, Parents, churches, schools w/e shouldnt be allowed to teach children religion untill the age of 18. They should be allowed to choose if they want it, not be force fed it from birth, thats how we break the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Science and reason and fact arnt a belief they just are.
    I understand that. But you're missing the point. To a large majority of people, what your suggesting comes across as hypocritical. I personally believe it to be impractical.

Even if you made it illegal to teach kids about religions in schools, you aren't being realistic if you think you can stop the parents lol. For instance, how do you explain the church going crowd? Legally you cannot stop the parents from going. Now they need to explain to their children why every sunday they need someone to watch them. They can lie about it or be honest and explain they are going to church, which will inevitably lead them to have to teach their children about religion.

Or what about major holidays such as Easter? Passover? Christmas? Etc. I don't think what your arguing for is practical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Not all muslims are like that
    Yet it was the words of Islam that lead to his sentencing.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    But it isn't, and it never will, as atheist do not have some stupid book that tells them to do stupid shit. The whole idea of atheism is to not have silly books telling you how to live.
    Former USSR is laughing at you over millions of dead religious believers.

Persecution of Christians in the Soviet Union

The total number of Christian victims under the Soviet regime has been estimated to range between 12-20 million

The trouble with "not all X" statements is that it doesn't matter if the majority of X are moderate when their leaders hold extremist opinions.
    Last edited by Everwake; 2017-04-27 at 02:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    oh no saudi arabia is shit who knew this is so surprising aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
    Why do you pretend like literally everything is a non-story that shouldn't be discussed...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Why do you literally make shit up and pass it off as fact?
    I don't.

Click any thread on this forum that even remotely criticizes a religion, a culture, or defends white people/men... Oh look, its you making light of the situation and pretending there is nothing to discuss.

Literally.
    Every.
    Single.
    One.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

The total number of Christian victims under the Soviet regime has been estimated to range between 12-20 million
    Because Christianity never hunted down people https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Because Christianity never hunted down people https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades
    You should probably read the Wikipedia Article on the Crusades bro. They were not about hunting people down.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Can't tell if being serious or satirical.

You probably should actually read that article.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

except those killings weren't done in the name of atheism. If we attribute this to atheism, then every single murder/act of torture in the middle ages in europe for example would be because of christianity.

The problem I have with many vocal Atheists and Religious people both (both of which are in this thread) is that they always build a straw man of the other side and like to either say the other side is stupid or lack morals. It's not that simple, there are a wide variety of people with different educational backgrounds and motivations on either side. Stop having a chip on your shoulder and painting those who are different than you with a wide brush. It doesn't help your argument, it only causes those with opposing views to dig deeper into their beliefs (or lack thereof).

As for the OP, obviously sentencing someone to death for atheism or being an apostate should be shunned and outlawed. I think we can all agree that this is wrong.

Deleted
    Threads about religion as well as discussing religion - which is what this thread has devolved into, together with religion bashing - are not allowed.

Closing.