Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    So again I say, Why is this suddenly racist?
    Because it was implemented for racist purposes? I mean, this is Trump we're talking about. We have it on record why he's doing this.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the tool is good in theory, but Racists may abuse it, so the tool is now not good because of racists and thus the tool is racist.

But Crime hotlines already exist and abused by racists, but they are good.

Because how else can you determine someone is here illegally without them outright telling you they are? People are going to simply call in "tips" with every latino with an accent they see. Crime hotlines on the other hand... hey I just saw this guy rob a store and get in a car and drive away... here's the license plate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    You said the criticism should be directed at the racists themselves and not the tool. That is the criticism ffs. The tool is good in theory but it's going to be abused by racists especially when you give it such a narrow purpose. Crime hotlines already exist and even those are abused but they do a lot of good. This shit is just going to be fuck loads of false reports and paranoia.
    Crime hotlines work, because you can report someone you see committing a crime. In the case of illegals, the act displaying their crime, is indistinguishable to eye sight from those who are here legally. Without looking at their papers, no mater the power you think you have in your ocular pat down, it's completely and utterly ineffective. It's Ronald McDonald logic:

https://youtu.be/9nuLZ929QiA
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    Because it was implemented for racist purposes? I mean, this is Trump we're talking about. We have it on record why he's doing this.
    So it must be racist because Trump shouted it out. So it all comes down to Opinion based on Stupidity.

So it must be racist because Trump shouted it out. So it all comes down to Opinion based on Stupidity.
    I love how you keep ignoring my hammer posts because they prove you wrong.

And he didn't "shout out" anything. Trump said point blank he was going to do this and why.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. This is why it's just going to get flooded with calls of "There's a big latino family living in this house and they have funny accents y'all should investigate!!"
    I don't really care about that. I'm a fan of Jerky Boys, so that shit is right down my alley of humor. My problem is that while we are cutting taxes on the people scaring us, their "tools"/"hammers" to scare us, are costing us money. We are already giving them a 20% pay cut, paying to keep people scared so they can maintain power, is going a bit too far. They can afford it without us...

Edit: Feel free to check this thread, where at least one person, thinks the Gatysberg address was going too far in giving Americans power... because government of the people, for the people, by the people... means limitless power to take your kidney. If that's not fear working, I don't know what is.
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-04-27 at 03:06 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Deleted
    I don't think you understand what demonization means or how it works no matter how much in tune you claim to be with V. If you have a hammer that says "use this to stop crime", it doesn't profile or enable intrinsically. If you have a hammer that says "use this to report on neighbors you suspect are here illegally", the mere presence of the hammer signals that its usage is important. It is divisive intrinsically. It elevates the crime to something greater than it actually is.

If the existing hammer isn't doing the job correctly, fix the hammer.
    See, you need to complicate the analogy to fit your narrative; and then in the end fucking prove your argument wrong at the very end. I agree completely. I don't see any point in this hotline as long as the Crime Hotlines can be used as an effective tool to report illegal immigrants.

But just to argue your points. At no point is the hotline specific for ratting out your mexican neighbors. For example, using it at work when you see someone getting paid under the table seems like a perfectly sane way to point out an illegal Immigrant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don't really care about that. I'm a fan of Jerky Boys, so that shit is right down my alley of humor. My problem is that while we are cutting taxes on the people scaring us, their "tools"/"hammers" to scare us, are costing us money. We are already giving them a 20% pay cut, paying to keep people scared so they can maintain power, is going a bit too far. They can afford it without us...

Edit: Feel free to check this thread, where at least one person, thinks the Gatysberg address was going too far in giving Americans power... because government of the people, for the people, by the people... means limitless power to take your kidney. If that's not fear working, I don't know what is.
    See, now you're making the right arguments for why this Hotline is useless trash.

If illegal immigration is a crime, then use the already existing crime tip hotlines. All this does is enable racism and profiling; it's something fascist states do.
    Why would we need crime tip hotlines if you can just call police. Why have suicide hotlines if you can call the hospital. The hotline puts you in direct touch with someone who will take care of the specific problem you are calling for.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    No, that's not what the intent is. I've already explained to you why. It's not a requirement that I make you understand basic logic and reason.
    Yeah, you think the intent is for racists to report every brown skin person who they think is not legal. I am saying it isnt only for "brown" people.

Your post is an exact example of why people like you aren't qualified to participate in a program such as this.
    I am not qualified because I see a brown person speaking spanish and dont automatically think they are illegal?

So the tool is good in theory, but Racists may abuse it, so the tool is now not good because of racists and thus the tool is racist.

I don't even see how the tool is good in theory.

If you're a victim of a crime you need police, and unless it is the police doing the crime it doesn't matter who is committing said crime. What is calling a federal hotline because the person who committed it was a certain color going to change?

Deleted

Please explain exactly how it is racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, now you're making the right arguments for why this Hotline is useless trash.
    Yes, I know how to appeal to your vernacular. You should be asking why you were disagreeing with the premise, before I appealed to your language. I hope you realize what was the division factor, in a disagreement that is actually agreement. Think about that next time you hear #MAGA...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I don't even see how the tool is theory.

If you're a victim of a crime you need police, and unless it is the police doing the crime it doesn't matter who is committing said crime. What is calling a federal hotline because the person who committed it was a certain color going to change?
    Well I don't understand either, Criminal Hotlines exist to target specific crimes instead of just dialing 911. Usually non-immediate crimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, I know how to appeal to your vernacular. You should be asking why you were disagreeing with the premise, before I appealed to your language. I hope you realize what was the division factor, in a disagreement that is actually agreement. Think about that next time you hear #MAGA...
    You seem to confuse me for a devout Trump Supporter; I value him as the tool as which he has already filled his use. He was a political powder bomb that destroyed the narrative that the Globalists have been pushing. If he's successful, right on, If he fails, doesn't matter, he has shown the world that the "White Working man" is still a political force to the reckoned with and cannot be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Why would we need crime tip hotlines if you can just call police. Why have suicide hotlines if you can call the hospital. The hotline puts you in direct touch with someone who will take care of the specific problem you are calling for.

Yeah, you think the intent is for racists to report every brown skin person who they think is not legal. I am saying it isnt only for "brown" people.

I am not qualified because I see a brown person speaking spanish and dont automatically think they are illegal?
    Oh, you repeated your wrongful assertion?? That changes everything!... Repeating what you're saying without recognizing the flaw in your thought process isn't a viable counterargument.

You're not qualified because you think the existence of this program is somehow "equal" because "anyone" can be reported. If you wish to make a worthwhile counterargument you should probably can the statements that highlight your ignorance of the downfalls of this program, which, at this point, can only be willful on your part.

Deleted
    Oh, you repeated your wrongful assertion?? That changes everything!... Repeating what you're saying without recognizing the flaw in your thought process isn't a viable counterargument.

You're not qualified because you think the existence of this program is somehow "equal" because "anyone" can be reported. If you wish to make a worthwhile counterargument you should probably can the statements that highlight your ignorance of the downfalls of this program, which, at this point, can only be willful on your part.
    So tell me why he's wrong just because Racists MAY use it? You know Phoning a Hotline is not the writ that signs over the expulsion of those in question right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlewick View Post
    But..
    They're not blood elves?
    alleria is an honorary blood elf. a very hot one too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    An anti-immigrant hotline? This reminds me of the Red Scare and McCarthyism... :|
    reminds me of kristallnacht.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

So tell me why he's wrong just because Racists MAY use it? You know Phoning a Hotline is not the writ that signs over the expulsion of those in question right?
    There's no value in it. At all. it provides a false sense of accomplishment and security for people such as yourself who aren't really as interested in the law as you pretend to be.

10+ Year Old Account

no the tool is racist and was implmeneted for obviously racist reasons. do you really believe it wasn't?

- - - Updated - - -

Well I don't understand either, Criminal Hotlines exist to target specific crimes instead of just dialing 911. Usually non-immediate crimes.

- - - Updated - - -

You seem to confuse me for a devout Trump Supporter; I value him as the tool as which he has already filled his use. He was a political powder bomb that destroyed the narrative that the Globalists have been pushing. If he's successful, right on, If he fails, doesn't matter, he has shown the world that the "White Working man" is still a political force to the reckoned with and cannot be ignored.
    immigrants are not criminals. discuss.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    no the tool is racist and was implmeneted for obviously racist reasons. do you really believe it wasn't?
    The law is racist. Got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Please explain exactly how it is racist.
    explain how it isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    The law is racist. Got it.
    you get an f for reading comprehension. see me after class.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I don't even see how the tool is good in theory.

Because calling the cops on your illegal neighbors who robbed you wont get them deported in sanctuary cities. You could make the argument that a legal person wouldnt get deported if you called the cops on him if he robbed you and you would be correct.

The flaw is thinking that people will just report every brown person with an accent. News flash, there are pockets of non brown illegals in the north east who would get reported more then "brown" people.

I am not qualified to call in about my illegal Russian neighbor because I think the existence of the hotline is somehow "equal" because "anyone" can be reported?

Because how else can you determine someone is here illegally without them outright telling you they are?
    Neighbors in the inner city talk and find out more info about the who lives in their neighborhood then you think. They know which houses are the crack houses, which corners are the gang corners. Which families are new and which familes left. They do talk to each other, especially kids. Hell, even if you were a school admin and a new student enrolled you would know. Hospital workers..etc..it isnt that difficuilt to find out if you need to converse with them in an official capacity.

Crime hotlines on the other hand... hey I just saw this guy rob a store and get in a car and drive away... here's the license plate.
    "There is a black guy hanging on the corner, I think he is up to no good." etc..