Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Within a week of hitting 110 you can have your third relic. I know, ive done it on several alts.

You can still perform well in Nighthold with just 2 relics and 890 gear. We have had several guild members come in to heroic NH doing just that, and they perform pretty well. Not top 3 dps, but not lowest either.
    I know it takes about a week, that's not the same though as "Day One".

People boosting you through Nighthold is not the same as alt friendliness, because then by that logic, every expansion is alt friendly.
    You're going to struggle to find a group who will bring someone without both their relics when they can easily choose someone who DOES have both their relics, and their artifact actually filled out.

That's not even to mention the point of I'm not sure how you're getting to 880 in one day, that would require nearly all day grinding Mythics/Mythic+ and having really good luck, which is not something your average player can dedicate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh please it didn't get alt friendly till the end.
    The Rep boost was implemented pretty quick also.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Is 7.2 the end of Legion? Didn't think so. Accept the fact Legion got alt friendlier far quicker than MoP did and move on.
    Or accept people have different opinions and if you only want an echo chamber don't fuckin ask for opinions

- - - Updated - - -

Is 7.2 the end of Legion? Didn't think so. Accept the fact Legion got alt friendlier far quicker than MoP did and move on.
    it as pretty alt friendly from invasion+, even at the start you didn't need to grind out exaulted with every faction, lfr/pvp both offered far better gear then it does now, with far less upkeep. heck you could do 4 characters by the time it takes 2 characters daily rotation now.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Or accept people have different opinions and if you only want an echo chamber don't fuckin ask for opinions
    Or accept the fact that Legion has introduced alt friendliness quicker than MoP did. 8 months or 12 months which is quicker?

Not my problem the fact is that 8 months is shorter than 12 months. But sure go on the whole "echo chamber" argument because you were proven wrong yet again.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-27 at 05:06 PM.

Deleted
    Depends on your goals in the game. If you want to bring your alt in mythic raids or 20'ish m+ groups its quite unfriendly, if not the worst system ever since.

Deleted
    Or accept the fact that Legion has introduced alt friendliness quicker than MoP did. 8 months or 12 months which is quicker?

Not my problem the fact is that 8 months is shorter than 12 months. But sure go on the whole "echo chamber" argument because you were proven wrong yet again.
    Sorry you struggled gearing up in MoP before Timeless ...

15+ Year Old Account
    As of 7.2 and flying it is pretty easy to level and gear an alt. My alt who I finished leveling to 110 is now only a few ranks behind my main in his main artifact. Of course I don't max my AP gain or raid outside of LFR on my main so I could be a lot further if I dedicated more time. But the point is an alt can catch up pretty quickly and be Tomb ready.

I have to also say legion leveling is a lot better with flying. The downside is that Druids are OP for leveling because of flight forms instant cast and its ability to interact with most things while in flight form. A lot of quest objectives as a druid can just be clicked in flight form and quickly fly to the other and drop aggro on the way since you never left flight form.

Every class should be able to interact in flight form or at least have instant mounts. I don't even mind if its a pathfinder type bonus to unlock. I don't even want to level my other alts because of how awesome the druid was lol
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Sorry you can't see that 8 months is shorter than 12. Sorry that you were presented a fact that Legion is alt friendlier and chose to ignore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear friendly for alts, not alt friendly overall, not alt friendly at all.

Alt catch up mechanics were implemented into MoP before Timeless Isle.

Double Rep gain (Along with new Reps offering better gear, and the rep tokens), Scenarios offering better gear from the box, etc.

Not really fair to claim he's flat out wrong when that's being ignored.

Deleted
    Sorry you can't see that 8 months is shorter than 12. Sorry that you were presented a fact that Legion is alt friendlier and chose to ignore it.
    You seem to think easy gear = alt friendly

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said I had a problem gearing up during MoP, I just said Legion is and has become more alt friendly than MoP.

I was a mythic raider during that time, so naa I had no problem at all lol

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not even off-spec friendly rofl

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn Jay, you're on a roll today man! /fistbump

You have like 5 active bait threads going at once time, in multiple sub forums, all with multi-page replies!!!!
    The king is back. Grats man!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    the jaylock bait
    Sadly indeed. The question he asks is interesting but knowing his history of trolling, it is sad it is him who asked it.

Nonetheless, I think it is a bit less friendly than before. I only have the time to fully play 2 characters, one on each faction.
    Last edited by Baine; 2017-04-27 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealslayer View Post
    Gear friendly for alts, not alt friendly overall, not alt friendly at all.
    Please do explain.

What do you want to do on your alts other than get power and gear?

Please do explain.

What do you want to do on your alts other than get power and gear?
    Well I wouldn't mind some cake. Cake is always nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Damn Jay, you're on a roll today man! /fistbump

You have like 5 active bait threads going at once time, in multiple sub forums, all with multi-page replies!!!!
    The king is back. Grats man!
    And using multiple alts

And using multiple alts
    Source? Are are you just looking to take a swing at the OP for your personal issues with them?

Let me qualify this question with the caveat that at the beginning of legion, I will agree, because of the artifact weapon, it wasn't the most alt-friendly at the beginning.

However, is an expansion SUPPOSED to be alt-friendly at the beginning? Isn't the point of the beginning of an expansion to gear up and get a main character or maybe two leveled up and geared?

After 4-6 months, I think this expansion is the most alt friendly of any other expansion. You can now literally have 890 gear the day you hit 110. You can now have a level 34 artifact weapon the same day as well. You can fly on all your alt characters without having to do the pathfinder achievements on each one. You can get massive amounts of AP because of buying the AK 25 book and doing the surmar quest chain. You have a wardrobe with set closet allowing you to easily know what you need to fill out your transmog closet.

This has to be the most alt-friendly expansion of all expansions. Every other expansion we had to do everything individually on each alt. Not in Legion.
    you don't get it ap is only important for those who want to use alts to raid above lfr, what make this xpack really alt unfriendly is the absolute low amount object that are account shared, for example the reps: the suramar one is not account bound this limit the use of the class hall set a ridiculous small thing that need an overblown requirement if you think it's for an alt.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.