Thread: Do you Read?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Do you Read?

Simple question. Do you Read?

Like real books, not just quest text from the latest game you are playing. Real reading.

Do you?

I do. I read about 20-30 minutes a night before going to bed. It keeps the brain strong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Most days I read a book, try to finish one every couple of weeks. I commute by train and find it's a great way to wake my brain up in the morning and focus. I also constantly read news articles throughtout the day (in place of social media) in my downtime.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Deleted
    Oh man I love reading, I have two tablets for bed and daytime reading...

And then about 200 paperbacks gathered over a year and a half, but I normally read about 2-300 pages a day.

Some days I don't read at all though or just spend all day doing it hah.

It drove my exes mad, what with that and the gym.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I read translated wuxia light novels. Hell i spent a month glued to the screen reading coiling dragon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I read translated wuxia light novels. Hell i spent a month glued to the screen reading coiling dragon.
    You have walked down a dark path. I have spend 1½ year only playing games for less than a couple of hours total, spending all my time reading these novels. I have read nearly everything on Gravitytales and Wuxiaworld by now. Damn entertaining though.

15+ Year Old Account
    My reading goes seasonally. Sometimes I read a lot for longer periods and then I don't read at all for some time.

I tend to read more during summer, don't know why really.

Currently there's Frank Herbert's Dune sitting on my nightstand.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Simple question. Do you Read?

Like real books, not just quest text from the latest game you are playing. Real reading.

Do you?

I do. I read about 20-30 minutes a night before going to bed. It keeps the brain strong.
    All the time, currently I am reading the Lorien Legacies, I finished the 7 books and currently reading the prequel short stories, I will read the new book once I am done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read a lot of military history, both narratives and textbooks.

I don't read any fiction.

Deleted
    i try to, but i really struggle to get into books most of the time, it takes me a while to actually find a book that sounds interesting to me, but once i find a book i usually finish them very quickly, so they never last long.

10+ Year Old Account
    The walls of my house are covered in books and I have a degree in Classics and Archaeology.

I can read in six languages. (English/French/German/Greek/Ancient Greek/Latin)

God damn right I read.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I read a lot of comics but that's about it. I have problems reading text in a novel format so it's next to impossible for me to read novels. I listen to audio books to make up for it gone few quite a few since I've started to.

Deleted
    The last book i read was the 6th part of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy trilogy.

You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do hentai subtitles count?

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    YOU WILL

/10chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Oh man I love reading, I have two tablets for bed and daytime reading...

And then about 200 paperbacks gathered over a year and a half, but I normally read about 2-300 pages a day.

Some days I don't read at all though or just spend all day doing it hah.

It drove my exes mad, what with that and the gym.
    you sound as gay as fuck

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    That's....crazy!
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to read way more when I was younger. Dragonlance, Icewind Dale, The Belgariad etc.
    Also Song of Ice and Fire before it was put on HBO

Really had a lack of time or motivation. If anyone has a good fantasy series they can recommend?

The most recent series I read was Sword of Truth, Wheel of Time, Kingkiller Chronicles

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course. Whenever I'm traveling, on the bus to work, before bed, and if it's something that really has me hooked every available minute. I always like to have an audiobook playing when I'm gaming. It's the one thing where I haven't run out of content yet and don't feel like that's ever going to happen. If there's a movie, a TV series or a game based on a book I usually make sure to finish the book first, since in my experience the book always wins.

But reading so much is a really expensive habit to have

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    I used to read way more when I was younger. Dragonlance, Icewind Dale, The Belgariad etc.
    Also Song of Ice and Fire before it was put on HBO

Really had a lack of time or motivation. If anyone has a good fantasy series they can recommend?

The most recent series I read was Sword of Truth, Wheel of Time, Kingkiller Chronicles
    Brandon Sanderson and Guy Gavriel Kay are my current go-to authors. For Sanderson, start with Elantris as it's (currently) a standalone. For Kay, start with Tigana or Sailing to Sarantium.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.