Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

first of april is long gone blizzard... (recent WW PTR Changes.)

Hit Combo Each successive attack that triggers Combo Strikes in a row grants 2% increased damage, stacking up to 8 6 times. Windwalker Monk - Level 90 Talent.
    Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger Summons an effigy of Xuen, the White Tiger for 45 sec. Xuen attacks your primary target, and strikes 3 enemies within 10 yards every 1 sec with Tiger Lightning for [ 1 + 40% 30% of AP ] Nature damage. Windwalker Monk - Level 90 Talent. 40 yd range. Instant. 3 min cooldown.

of fuck off this shit blizzard.
    seems like you went full retard!

seems like there was another sentence showing we get 5% more dmg on spells...
    still ... that will make it a 1% increase.
    so we will now be even on ST dmg if the FoF nerf goes live? yeha.
    Last edited by mmoca1f07e1cb2; 2017-04-27 at 10:35 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrak View Post
    Hit Combo Each successive attack that triggers Combo Strikes in a row grants 2% increased damage, stacking up to 8 6 times. Windwalker Monk - Level 90 Talent.
    Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger Summons an effigy of Xuen, the White Tiger for 45 sec. Xuen attacks your primary target, and strikes 3 enemies within 10 yards every 1 sec with Tiger Lightning for [ 1 + 40% 30% of AP ] Nature damage. Windwalker Monk - Level 90 Talent. 40 yd range. Instant. 3 min cooldown.

You know these aren't the Blizzard forums right? You also left out the buff and only copied the nerfs.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    You know these aren't the Blizzard forums right? You also left out the buff and only copied the nerfs.
    This so much ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    They probably wouldn't listen even if this was the official Blizzard forums, considering they ignore even the most constructive feedback.

Secondly those " Buffs " were added to compensate for them nerfing Xuen and Hit Combo, the net gain if your math is correct is insignificant and won't do much to help WW's if they head into 7.2.5 in their current state. I'm fully expecting them to do nothing until a week or two before then they'll toss out another bandage fix and go back to pretending we don't exist.
    Last edited by Zephre; 2017-04-28 at 01:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrak View Post

seems like there was another sentence showing we get 5% more dmg on spells...
    still ... that will make it a 1% increase.
    so we will now be even on ST dmg if the FoF nerf goes live? yeha.
    Seen this kind of imbecile posts for last 12 years - let me guide you:

#1 They have to balance around the tier sets.
    #2 They have to balance everything before the patch hits, buff and nerf classes compared to each other(hint: there is still time).

Why are they nerfing Xuen? Did I miss something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    (hint: there is still time).
    (hint: we're Monks. Blizzard doesn't care about Monks).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why are they nerfing Xuen? Did I miss something?

- - - Updated - - -

(hint: we're Monks. Blizzard doesn't care about Monks).
    basically they want to make hit combo less punishing to drop but still have it keep #1 talent for that row because it's the main way to ensure people play the spec as intended.

I'd love to play xuen more but I'd also hate potentially casting multiple tiger palms in a row if building quick combo points comes out above the extra mastery damage on tiger palm, which does low damage anyway. If casting multiple tiger palms is a dps increase people will do it and that goes against not only blizzards preferred play style but most peoples. I wish they would either just come up with a better way to enforce this or make hit combo baseline already so I can rock xuen in peace.

I mean WW is lacking ST damage. They didn't change that. They just reduced Hit Combo by 4% and nerfed Xuen so in the end they rather nerfed ST damage than buffing it. Right now we're left with a ~ 5% overall damage nerf for ST and much more for AoE. So what the hag are they doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean WW is lacking ST damage. They didn't change that. They just reduced Hit Combo by 4% and nerfed Xuen so in the end they rather nerfed ST damage than buffing it. Right now we're left with a ~ 5% overall damage nerf for ST and much more for AoE. So what the hag are they doing?
    How are we at -5% on ST? They buffed all our damage by 5% on that same patch notes that OP conveniently omitted.

"Windwalker
    Windwalker Monk: Damage bonus on spells raised from a 14% damage increase to a 19% damage increase."

Our AoE definitely was nerfed though. I believe FoF is still at a net of -15% damage that it does now.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Our AoE definitely was nerfed though. I believe FoF is still at a net of -15% damage that it does now.
    Oddly enough, the 20% FoF nerf isn't actually on the PTR right now. It shows up in the tooltip but not the actual damage. FoF on the PTR hits harder than live right now (roughly 1.065 times harder)

How are we at -5% on ST? They buffed all our damage by 5% on that same patch notes that OP conveniently omitted.

"Windwalker
    Windwalker Monk: Damage bonus on spells raised from a 14% damage increase to a 19% damage increase."

"Damage bonus on spells..." - which spells? All of our damage spells except the ones that were nerfed? Only some? Hit Combo right now is -4% on ST. FoF is -4% on ST as well, so that's ~8% nerf. Then they buffed "some/all" of our spells by 5% which could either result in a ~4% (if they did not buff Strike of the Wind Lord which I highly dougbt they did after nerfing that skill in the first months of Legion) overall or just a ~2% overall nerf (when all of our skills except FoF and SCK got buffed). Right now we're not stronger but weaker when we just count the recent patch notes. They nerf Hit Combo (and FoF) without giving us proper ST compensation (the 5% buff is pretty much nothing).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-04-28 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Damage bonus on spells..." - which spells?
    Basically ALL our abilities aside from auto attacks were buffed by 5%.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Basically ALL our abilities aside from auto attacks were buffed by 5%.
    Is it in the notes or does "Damage bonus on spells" imply it? I never found a clarification for this. If so we're just nerfed by 2% on ST.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it in the notes or does "Damage bonus on spells" imply it? I never found a clarification for this. If so we're just nerfed by 2% on ST.
    For the 3rd time. Yes.

Did you assume it would only effect CJL because it's the only 'spell' we can cast?

This is what got buffed by 5%: http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137025/windwalker-monk

Note that this aura is 8% on live so it's been buffed by a total of 11% so far.

As I said above, the FoF nerf doesn't exist on the PTR right now, so they possibly reverted it, but nobody is really sure.

I ran various tests and FoF, RSK, BoK etc. are hitting 1.064 times harder on the PTR as they are on live with full hit combo stacks.
    Last edited by Ellissandra; 2017-04-29 at 01:40 AM.

For the 3rd time. Yes.

Did you assume it would only effect CJL because it's the only 'spell' we can cast?
    No, I assumed it would only affect TP, BoK, RSK. Thanks for claryfying (+ @Ellissandra).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-04-28 at 07:53 PM.

Deleted

#2 They have to balance everything before the patch hits, buff and nerf classes compared to each other(hint: there is still time).
    I have to disagree with that. In 12 years i learned Blizzard does not balance until the first weeks of raiding has started. They have us beta test for them on live everytime.

Deleted
    What I dont like about these changes is nerfing our AoE (the only thing we do good) for just a small buff on ST after checking auras (it was less than 1% buff If I'm not wrong)

Lets nerf HC to make it as bad as the other 90 talents (even though Xuen was 'okay' for some fights tbh)
    Lets leave all classes as they are, buff some top DPS classes and nerf monks GG thanks blizzard...

Quote Originally Posted by KROUNTED View Post
    Lets leave all classes as they are, buff some top DPS classes and nerf monks GG thanks blizzard...
    Blizzard's philosophy for Monks since 2012.™

#1 They have to balance around the tier sets.
    Sure are fortunate our tier 2 and 4 piece are pretty dud.