Thread: Do you Read?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    There is no such thing as "real reading".

The best books!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    Brandon Sanderson and Guy Gavriel Kay are my current go-to authors. For Sanderson, start with Elantris as it's (currently) a standalone. For Kay, start with Tigana or Sailing to Sarantium.
    I'm a huge fan of Sanderson and have currently finished pretty much everything he has come out with.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

I read comic books and tech articles.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    I read in spurts, usually reading the whole book in a day or two. When I do I usually read sci-fi, history, or technical, with some of the classics thrown in.

Deleted
    I read nearly every day, reading through Winston Graham Poldark series and after that I'll read the wheel of time by Robert Jordan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lately, it has been less fiction reading since I read so much for work and school. But I still try to get about 20minutes each day

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I love reading, Just started re-reading the Famous Five books for myself, and reading the Secret Seven books to my son at bed time^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to read when I was younger and had much more free time. Working full time and school full time doesn't allow for much. I do however listen to audio books daily for several hours.

The past few years I've gone through Wheel of Time, the entire Dresden Files portfolio (multiple times), currently going through the Kingkiller Chronicles.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Not a lot, but I do read, and get books for birthday and Christmas and so on. Not like a book a week or anything, but reasonably.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    Yeah I love reading, Just started re-reading the Famous Five books for myself, and reading the Secret Seven books to my son at bed time^^
    Ooh I read all (or at least most) of them as a kid. My dirty secret was wishing the tomboy would get sexytime at some point but it never happened!
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the time. Unquenchable love for reading.

I'm really bad with being impatient with wanting to start a new book so I'll start new ones before I finish the current ones, and then I end up reading a bunch of books simultaneously which means I'll take forever to finish them all because I'm jumping around too much. It's a bad strategy and I don't recommend it. I will do about a book a week if I manage to avoid that pitfall, which I don't think is too bad considering it is fighting for my time with work, martial arts, video games, and social stuff. If it's a really great book I'll stay up all night so I can finish it in one day but I don't recommend that as an adult who needs to be up in the morning for work.

Right now I'm reading Der Baader Meinhof Komplex (almost done) and Tom Robbins' memoir Tibetan Peach Pie (~50% through) and Sherman Alexie's Flight (just started). I finally finished a book on rats that I been in the final pages of for three months just because, you know, I suck at focus.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Only historic books like ancient and medieval stuff, and of course some Warhammer 40K.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Simple question. Do you Read?

Like real books, not just quest text from the latest game you are playing. Real reading.

Do you?

I do. I read about 20-30 minutes a night before going to bed. It keeps the brain strong.
    yes usually 1 book each week or every 2 weeks depends on work but i love reading - wish i had more time but life/work

10+ Year Old Account
    I love reading, it's easily my favorite thing to do in terms of entertainment, after movies and music. Generally fiction, historical books, comics (not superhero generally), fantasy, sci-fi, horror, philosophy, and interesting articles/essays sometimes.

Just finished the second to last book of the Prince of Nothing/Aspect-Emperor series "the Great Ordeal."

Anyone else read these books? Author is R. Scott Bakker, he spent 30+ years on this series and the last one will come out this July. It's like a combination of Dune and LotR with a heavy philosophical core to everything in the storytelling. Also has one of, if not the best, characters I've ever read or experienced in any medium of storytelling-- "Anasûrimbor Khellus."
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2017-04-27 at 08:13 PM.

Yes.
    /10chars
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    All the time. Unquenchable love for reading.

I'm really bad with being impatient with wanting to start a new book so I'll start new ones before I finish the current ones, and then I end up reading a bunch of books simultaneously which means I'll take forever to finish them all because I'm jumping around too much. It's a bad strategy and I don't recommend it. I will do about a book a week if I manage to avoid that pitfall, which I don't think is too bad considering it is fighting for my time with work, martial arts, video games, and social stuff. If it's a really great book I'll stay up all night so I can finish it in one day but I don't recommend that as an adult who needs to be up in the morning for work.

Right now I'm reading Der Baader Meinhof Komplex (almost done) and Tom Robbins' memoir Tibetan Peach Pie (~50% through) and Sherman Alexie's Flight (just started). I finally finished a book on rats that I been in the final pages of for three months just because, you know, I suck at focus.
    Man I couldn't do that, I can see why though. When I was reading the Dark Tower series I really wanted to jump into something else between books, especially since I didn't care for books 6/7 but my OCD wouldn't let me, I had to finish what I started.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Only historic books like ancient and medieval stuff, and of course some Warhammer 40K.
    I just got the Horus Heresy humble bundle, but since I've never read any of them before, I'm starting with Xenos/Eisenhorn before I dive into all the other ones.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quite a lot, yes.

Try to do a book a week or week and a half, mostly fantasy. I'd go mad on my commutes or lunch breaks without it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    Get a library card, take advantage of any digital libraries they're subscribed to. For all the books I read, I rarely purchase any (altho I do get them as gifts often).
    I like a lot of the up and coming self published authors on amazon. And a lot of them offer their books on either kindle unlimited or sell their books for ultra low dollars. 1-2 bucks for 3-500 pages. Having a small library bought because of them :P
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"