Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Alliance Legion feels like an Alliance expansion

Legion is my favorite expansion however.. its not perfect..why?

..Anduin, Velen, while they fit the theme, they are being thrown everywhere and that is appropriate due to their relevance however there is no variation to it. The Horde has done and accomplished literally nothing since Stormheim. We've been tossed a bone with Val'sharah, having Tyrande berate us and tell us how much she loves her husband and desperately needs us to save her. We had Baine cut from Highmountain in beta, which if added would've been a perfect variation for the Alliance presence in Val'sharah. On the website it displays Sylvanas is a main character. We see nothing from her expect her commanding us to take random Warden towers for random reasons. I honestly feel like in 7.3 when we go to Argus, the entire story will focus on Illidan, Khadgar, Anduin, Velen, and Tyrande. 3 [4, if you count Khadgar as an Alliance character]], Alliance characters and 2 neutral characters. [1, if you remove Khadgar]. If I were to brainstorm a Horde quest, I'd involve Baine, Thrall, and Saurfang returning to the Broken Shore to avenge Vol'jin, if you don't want to involve Sylvanas. Hell, I'd take Lor'themar to Dalaran and give his apologies to what happened years ago. So much is out of place here.

As a Horde player I don't feel heroic at all in this expansion. I feel like the Alliance's lapdog. I feel like I'm watching them do all of the cool stuff from afar. I feel like Blizzard is making the same mistake with the Warchief promotion: Giving them the title and having them do nothing. I remember in MoP, which IMO, storytelling was at its best, there was a balance between the two factions. Each one getting acquitted amount of lore. You say that it doesn't make any sense for the story to have variation yet MoP did this wonderfully.

So why in Legion where the biggest threat Azeroth has ever faced, is only focused on the Alliance?

Note. No I'm not asking for a Horde cinematic similar to Anduin's. Why?
    Quote'ing from WoW - GD
    Sylvanas picks up Gorehowl from the dirt and suddenly finds herself in Orgrimmar*
    Sylvanas: What am i supposed to do now?
    Vision of Garrosh: What a true Warchief must do. Kill Alliance dogs.
    Sylvanas: I miss you so much.
    Garrosh: Watch your clever mouth, !@#$%.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2017-04-27 at 07:58 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Cuz alliance are cooler cuz dwarves.

Because we hadn't just had an expansion focused on Orcs or the Horde or anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people get so upset if one side has a bit of more focus in an expansion. It's still a WoW Game.

Heck do people also cry over certain characters getting more screentime in Game of Thrones?

It's only ok to have horde expansions never alliance ones

yeh agree with op, give us more ORCS and THRALL pls, MOARRRR

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because we hadn't just had an expansion focused on Orcs or the Horde or anything?
    wod shouldn't count man it was based on the alternate horde not the current horde with trolls tauren and goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Taygames View Post
    wod shouldn't count man it was based on the alternate horde not the current horde with trolls tauren and goblins
    That's why I said Orcs. It's still a form of the Horde one way or another. Just this Horde had they successfully invaded and won would never have reformed into the MU Horde.

Was about time after 3 horde centric expansions. You have 0 rights to complain.

Well idk maybe this is gameplay bleeding into lore, but I'm a horde player and I don't feel like I'm anything to Alliance. The war on legion is a united effort. Whilst we're still technically in factions , it's more like Azeroth vs Legion ATM. That's why you're welcome in Exodar and all that. Plus whilst the Horde lore characters haven't done much , me and some other Horde heroes did take down Xavius in the heart of the Nightmare, liberated a hostile city with some help from my girl Liadrin, and took out Gul'dan + brought back Illidan. Feels heroic to me. Also vanquished Helya and her nasty dog.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by Taygames View Post
    Ok what about mop and cata do those count? Or BC? does that count?

I think they had some extra stuff planned with Sylvanas, but for some reason they never did more with her after the Stormheim finale.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I'm fine with "alliance" focus because anything is a relief after killing orcs for four years and then being told its favoritism.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Was about time after 3 horde centric expansions. You have 0 rights to complain.
    WoD was definitely not Horde centric, Orc and Human? Yes.
    MoP was definitely not Horde centric, Orc and Human? Yes.
    Cata was definitely not Horde centric, Orc and Human? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well WoD felt more like a horde expansion.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Well WoD felt more like a horde expansion.
    WoD barely had any content in it, let alone any lore to establish it as either a Horde or Ally expansion.

I know this is just flamebait:

a.) Khadgar isn't an Alliance character. If that wasn't already abundantly clear from BC or WoD, its clear in Legion.

b.) Tyrande wasn't acting as an Alliance character in Val'sharah. You didn't get more scenes with her as the Alliance or had more moments. Outside of a single comment, her and Malfurion's appearances were exactly the same. Furthermore, Malfurion has done everything but LEAVE the Alliance in terms of how much he's not a part of the Alliance storyline.

Cata was definitely not Horde centric, Orc and Human? Yes.
    lololololol. The entirety of 1-60 in Cataclysm was about the Horde taking advantage of and beating the other faction during an apocalyptic event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a huge problem with it due to the ''neutral'' characters being in the forefront, however, it does feel incredibly awkward how every single leader is missing. Like Lady Liadrin has had more development and shes a secondary Horde character.

So Suramar questline being far more favorable to horde while the nightborne and moonguard both kissing the ass of the blood elves and being completely unimpressed by the night elves count for nothing? No clue why blizzard didn't bother to include the Highbornes with the alliance envoy there. If anything they have more reason to want to reconnect with other ancient night elven mages then anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

As a Horde player, I disagree with the notion that this would somehow be a bad thing. Story moves forward = win win for everyone.