Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's the same time as the expansion for FF14 comes out, anyone with a brain could have guessed when the raid would launch.
    Last edited by Dakhath; 2017-04-27 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    It's called timing . If they released earlier , then we would've just had to wait x month more for 7.3. And then same thing can be said for 7.4/8.0. If they rushed content whilst plenty of people are still progressing , these people would just move to new content , and that shit continues until you get the last raid tier lasting a ~year.
    Or they could just create more raids to fill that year gap?????

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    While his tone could be slightly more polite.... he's right. Why does everyone have to wait for that 1% to finish mythic difficulty of an old raid?
    Fewer people have cleared Mythic than you might think. Server First Cutting Edge is still unclaimed on my server.

You seem to be unaware how resources work. They're scarce. Unlimited wants, limited resources. There's only that many programmers/graphic designers/artists/etc all of whom have to be paid to make these raids. There's also production time, as you can't just willy nilly whip out a raid - it takes time , more than you think.
    Meanwhile part of their labour force is working on the next expansion , because the production time for that kind of project is enormous . Hence there's a limited amount of raids that can realistically be implemented within a life time of an expansion, and ideally you wanna spread those out so the gaps in between are some what similar.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Maybe Blizzard should hire all these armchair developers and give them a task to develop 5 raids per year the playerbase will be satisfied with, with good tuning, no bugs and no copypasta boring design, and refuse to pay them until the task is fulfilled.

Maybe then they would realize quantity and quality doesn't mesh together well.

The Legionfall campaign will end on June 6. I'd expect Tomb to open with 1-2 weeks of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Maybe Blizzard should hire all these armchair developers and give them a task to develop 5 raids per year the playerbase will be satisfied with, with good tuning, no bugs and no copypasta boring design, and refuse to pay them until the task is fulfilled.

Maybe then they would realize quantity and quality doesn't mesh together well.
    Maybe they should finally show us that doubled team size of theirs.

New PVP season just started too, it will be kinda weird to end it so early. I think mid June is a good release date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    The Legionfall campaign will end on June 6. I'd expect Tomb to open with 1-2 weeks of that.
    This is what I always figured too, yeah. Within a few weeks of the campaign completion.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    If you haven't killed mythic guldan you still have content to do.
    This is such a shit excuse for 6 months of a short raid with no real gear progression

My character is 910 ilvl and i haven't killed a single mythic boss this expansion or done that many mythic+ dungeons.

"we don't raid for gear, we raid for the 'challenge' " okay then why aren't you in proving grounds, farming the worlds highest scores?

https://www.wowprogress.com/char_sta...ield.pg_damage

here you go man, 646 waves to beat. Enjoy.

It was always obvious that it was going to release in June because that's when Stormblood comes out.

I expected Late June. I'm fine with Late June.

Realistically, we can't get a new raid every 3 months. Devs have seemed to be cutting corners lately anyway to deliver their content to us because we bitched too much in WoD(rightfully so here, however). I think we, as a playerbase, also needs to cool off, play something else, and let the devs do what they do.

its a great release date. Top raiders will be able to get concordance trait on all their alts without any big hazzle. Top 300-1000 guilds will be able to kill Gul'dan before Tomb. We are currently 8/10 mythic and it still feels like Nighthold just came out.

Yes, the reason for Late June is totally because they want players to experience the content.....If you can't see a corporate excuse for, we aren't fucking done with it yet, then that is your problem.

Nothing like rushing content out as quick as possible for it to be shit content, buggy, badly tuned, and poorly executed. Yeah, that is what I want. ToV 2.0 can't wait for that dope content, cause I'm done gearing and fuck everyone else.

Tell yourself it is all about the plebs below you stopping you from getting that new content today. Keep that dream alive.

Or even better, lets rush all the expansion content so we can have a super rad 14 month tier at the end of the expansion. That is everyone's favorite thing, right?
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2017-04-27 at 08:56 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually very thankful that it's taking the amount of time it has. I've been on deployment for most of this expansion and wouldn't mind the extra time to catch up!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It's the same time as the expansion for FF14 comes out, anyone with a brain could have guessed when the raid would launch.
    Is there a lot of WoW FF14 cross over players? I can't imagine time sinking two MMOs, but then again, that is probably a personal issue on what I like doing in game etc. I imagine there is a ton of casual crossover, but I've always wondered about the high end or mid level hardcore.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good, only like 70 people are 920+ equip, people still got room for improvement, so don't tell me there's no raid content (250+ killed 10/10M yes compared to 16000H.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Is there a lot of WoW FF14 cross over players? I can't imagine time sinking two MMOs, but then again, that is probably a personal issue on what I like doing in game etc. I imagine there is a ton of casual crossover, but I've always wondered about the high end or mid level hardcore.
    It's their biggest competitor at the moment. You're right though that i have no idea how many people play both seriously.
    I don't think a patch with just one raid instance is going to beat out the hype for a whole new expansion but they've got to do something I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    This is such a shit excuse for 6 months of a short raid with no real gear progression

My character is 910 ilvl and i haven't killed a single mythic boss this expansion or done that many mythic+ dungeons.

"we don't raid for gear, we raid for the 'challenge' " okay then why aren't you in proving grounds, farming the worlds highest scores?

https://www.wowprogress.com/char_sta...ield.pg_damage

here you go man, 646 waves to beat. Enjoy.
    It isn't really an excuse, it's a very literal "please complete the current content before asking for more." The raids are designed at Mythic level, and then scaled back for Heroic, Normal, and LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    It's probably because a lot of people will decide to buy one game or the other, and they'll make that decision based on whatever new content is available at the time. Releasing a new raid tier concurrently with FFXIV's xpac turns "obviously go with the one that just came out with new stuff" into "well you have to decide which one you want to invest in" and Blizzard knows they're ahead when that's the game.

Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post
    yeah because killing same boss on some other dogshit difficult is brand new content right? get your tongue out of blizz's ass hole
    Lol mythic difficulty is the "true" ending difficulty. You ever play a game on baby mode and then realize that New Game+ has different boss mechanics? It's like that. LFR is joke mode, Normal is casual "drink-beer-with-your-friends" mode, heroic is "Mythic raiders clear this shit in literally less than one week" and Mythic is the good shit. Push yourself on the real difficulty before you complain about not having stuff to do.