Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Angry Remove Augment Runes

Augment runes as a BS consumable are close to making me quit raiding there 500g a pop on my surver which equates to 15k a raid night if you average 40 pulls and use augments on 30 of them. I can't afford to spend 30k a week raiding when my cash stack is bloody 4k and my options are to either buy wow gold for irl money or be benched.

Now you might say dude its 325 intelect thats barely any dps who cares don't use them and I'd completly agree with you. I'm sure mythic guldan is killable without augment runes and that my BIS legendary that increased my single target dps by 30k is far more important than rune usage. But as long as they are in the game they give elitist raid leaders the oppertunity to make them mandatory and if you don't augment every pull your letting your team down and will be ostracized for not taking raiding seriously.

An easlily fixable solution by either
    1. remove augment runes from the game
    2. give them sources other than lfr that nobody wants to run
    3. Make them craftable with inscription or enchanting
    4. Make the buff not losable on death like flasks
    5. The WOD solution of a reusable quest item that you have to earn and then its unlimited rune use

As long as there is a way to increase your dps even if it is minimal high end raiders will require it. Making guldan/elisande progress cost 30k a week is ridiculous and is ruining my enjoyment of raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you using Augment runes on progression?
    Shouldn't be popping them until your group can hit <10% without them.

(if your RL is having you augment every pull, they're dumb as shit)

Quote Originally Posted by Glacorz View Post
    <snip>
    On the other hand, I have stacks and stacks of the things. Guess I should be selling them on the AH, eh?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Are you in a guild? If your tanks and healers are paying attention to their bonus caches, they should be overflowing with runes.

You also said INT -- do you have a healing spec? If so, you should think about trying out healing. Most players at this point are overgeared enough that they won't care if you perform poorly as a healer, and after an initial adjustment period you should be able to perform perfectly adequately anyway.

That being said, I do agree that using Augment Runes for progression is beyond overkill. I wouldn't say it directly to him, but if your raid leader is requiring Augment Runes then he doesn't really understand how small of an effect they have.

If your tanks and healers are being stingy and you don't have a healing spec, then my last recommendation is to see if someone will just spot you some of the gold. In a large enough guild, somebody should be that guy who plays the AH and has the money to help buy runes. You quoted the cost at 30k a week, but 40 pulls a night is sort of... extreme. As is 500g per. Here on Thunderlord where demand outstrips supply they're going for half that. How long do your fights normally go and how long do you raid?
    Last edited by Bowshewicz; 2017-04-27 at 07:49 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not really a fan of augment runes either. If they're to be ingame then they should be tied to a profession like vantus runes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Why are you using Augment runes on progression?
    Shouldn't be popping them until your group can hit <10% without them.

(if your RL is having you augment every pull, they're dumb as shit)
    Certainly not true, since you've to hit certain timers on the majority of the bosses, hence needing these runes. There's no steady progression, where you just lack 1-3% dmg at the end.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2017-04-27 at 07:54 PM.

If you use runes for every pull of every boss you're doing it wrong. I can't remember using more than a couple stacks of runes on progression (top 10 world).
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Certainly not true, since there the majority of bosses are about to hit certain timers, hence needing runes for progression.
    I feel bad for OP's and your guild. But lets be honest, do you really think 325 int makes much of a difference on your DPS? I mean its about .8% of the current Intellect most people have, that isn't going to push you over any hump honestly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbatroix View Post
    I feel bad for OP's and your guild. But lets be honest, do you really think 325 int makes much of a difference on your DPS? I mean its about .8% of the current Intellect most people have, that isn't going to push you over any hump honestly.
    20*.8%

If this doesnt make a difference for you, then why casual trash needs gear upgrades at all? I mean, 325 Int dont make a difference anyways!

Runes are for pushing a few percent (and log fun if you are into that), not for learning a fight where you are wiping at 20-50%.

If you need 30 runes a night to keep the buff up, your guild is not in need of using runes.

I have like 200 of them from doing caches and buying cheap on AH but I think they should stick to the one we had in HFC where you could use it always after you bought it in the reputation quartermaster.

Runes are most efficiently employed when you need to ensure you hit certain phase transitions in a controlled way but also quickly, or eking out that last 10% before enrage. If your raid leader is demanding everyone use them for learning pulls then he's an idiot.

Deleted
    A rune is 0.608% of my intellect, and intellect isn't even the only dps stat. Unless you are literally consistently wiping on 0.2%, runes will do absolutely nothing. They aren't even good for pushing phases, they are beyond useless. I have no idea why anyone would ever use them.

20*.8%
    I'm not going to argue that the Runes should be completely ignored, only that their effect isn't powerful enough to justify using them on every pull in progression. But your result of runes being a 20% increase is incorrect. My character currently has 32245 Agility (ilvl 895), and the rune adds 325 to that. That's just a tiny bit over a 1% increase.

I personally like to use my Augment Runes in Mythic+ where death isn't expected so the buff will normally last the whole dungeon.
    Last edited by Bowshewicz; 2017-04-27 at 08:27 PM.

Certainly not true, since you've to hit certain timers on the majority of the bosses, hence needing these runes. There's no steady progression, where you just lack 1-3% dmg at the end.
    There are not many fights like that at all, The only fight you'd have to rune on before you're seeing all the mechanics and just need a tiny bit more dps, is Elisande Mythic. To push p1 in time if you can't and are very close.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    A rune is 0.608% of my intellect, and intellect isn't even the only dps stat. Unless you are literally consistently wiping on 0.2%, runes will do absolutely nothing. They aren't even good for pushing phases, they are beyond useless. I have no idea why anyone would ever use them.
    As a mythic raider, I've seen wipes that close to the kill many times, 1 augment rune alone will not make or break an attempt, but 20 can definitely help. You're passing on 6500 of a stat, that's pretty nice.

But I'd agree unless you're wiping at 1-2% it isn't worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    As a mythic raider, I've seen wipes that close to the kill many times, 1 augment rune alone will not make or break an attempt, but 20 can definitely help. You're passing on 6500 of a stat, that's pretty nice.

I've seen it before as well, but my point is the cost-benefit ratio is completely off. They are way too expensive for the almost neligible benefit they provide.

Fun fact: A single augment rune is stronger than 6 levels of the Concordance trait (except the first, of course). That is to say, a raider with 52 traits and an augment rune is better suited for a fight than a raider with a 58 weapon and no augment rune. It's "minor" for one person, but fairly big when EVERYONE can do it.

I've seen it before as well, but my point is the cost-benefit ratio is completely off. They are way too expensive for the almost neligible benefit they provide.
    It's a player-driven economy. If they cost 500g a pop, it means people are buying them for that much (and by logic, are also using them - or there'd be too many runes and the price would fall). You say it's too expensive, but clearly enough people must think they're worth it, no?

People should have enough for non-top 200 raiding, without having to purchase them. You don't use them every boss, and you don't use them till you're like 20 attempts off the kill.

No they aren't worth the gold, but people should have them from lfr/call to arms etc.

They are there just to make hardcore raids have to do LFR every week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    There are not many fights like that at all, The only fight you'd have to rune on before you're seeing all the mechanics and just need a tiny bit more dps, is Elisande Mythic. To push p1 in time if you can't and are very close.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. Just T19 as example during early progress: Cenarius, Odyn, Helya, Spellblade, Botanist, Star Augur, Elisande and Guldan. And I dont even count the pure DPS check encounters.