Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    they need an epic story line to jerk our emotions. Like killing Illidan or something like that. (Like we just got him back, and then he sacrifices himself to buy us time against Nzoth)

Let's be honest here - even if we HATED WoD (not all of us) - when Theramore was bombed - it was pretty crazy.

I'd almost say we should treat next Xpac as precursor like WoD for a massive set up in the expansion afterwards.

Also, I'd like to finally see the ability for "Horde" and "alliance" to cross over....either as a third faction, or just the current two - but to blur the lines, and make it an emotional decision and why you are alliance or horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fantasyworld View Post
    they need an epic story line to jerk our emotions. Like killing Illidan or something like that. (Like we just got him back, and then he sacrifices himself to buy us time against Nzoth)

Let's be honest here - even if we HATED WoD (not all of us) - when Theramore was bombed - it was pretty crazy..
    That was Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    It's never been expressly stated that any Old God becomes stronger when other Old Gods die. Lore does have the Old Gods be at odds with one-another and indicates that in the end only one Old God alone was going to remain, which suggests to me that the Old Gods fight each other to be the one that corrupts Azeroth. It could be that when Old Gods go to war the victor will ultimately devour the loser and becomes more powerful, but it's not clear if an Old God can become stronger just because another Old God has died.

In any case, though he's referred to as the weakest of the four that were imprisoned by the Titans, N'Zoth is the winner by default since he's the last Old God standing.
    Have to wonder is it possible for an Old God again to fly to our planet and stay attached to it. Wonder what would happen.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think we will deal with Azeroth first before moving to another planets beyond Argus.

N'zoth/Azshara , Southseas/Kultiras and maybe updated versions of mostly Eastern Kingdoms zones with old god infestation, world quests etc.

Undercity getting a huge update since Sylvanas is still Warchief, Eastern Kingdoms and Islands/seafloor being the main play zones.

Vashjir is Eastern kingdoms already, so Extended to involve more Naga zones.

Kul Tiras could be added on.

Quel Thalas could be finally added on to the same server, Silvermoon updated as well (stormwind/ironforge could of course get updates too when relevant).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    shouldn't there be a return of the lichking? I mean Bolvar is no longer himself and there are some arthas visions throughout BS that gives some warnings, could be a multithread along with N'zoth and Aszhara to wrap all kind of azeroth threats up.

I also miss the diversity of TBC and wrath when it comes to threats. In wrath we had the blue dragon aspect, an old god and the scourge/LK as enemies. Would be nice to have that diversity when it comes to opponents again.

But lately only orcs, then only demons......you get burned out rather quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

no i really don't think so. that would be uncreative game design to continue Artifact weapons as Titan Weapons, blizzard does not work that way and you should know it.

And we have plenty of azerothian threats that we yet have to deal with. We certainly shouldn't leave azeroth on legion spaceships and do some starcraft mmo. yet.
    I disagree. Blizzard always keeps systems that are popular with the player base. Even though garrison system was flawed, it made it to Legion as order hall. I am sure we will see artifact weapons in next xpac just under a new name and probably less grindy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    What's with this South Sea fetish? I mean, even in WoD where the OBVIOUS hint was a Legion theme expansion, a lot of people was bragging around this South Sea thing. I mean cmon, you fucking had a vision of the future in Kilrogg encounter........

And why Old Gods want to conquer a few islands? They need a new house for vacation? Or some tax free paradise? Yeah i understand that the "prison" cuold be in a island, but a whole expansion.... don't know....
    I've been saying this for at least a year here.

People open up these speculation threads ALL the time and it's always been the same unoriginal idea about Azshara attacking us with the help of the old god N'Zoth or smthn along those lines. And yeah I don't mind such an xpac, but each xpac so far has hinted absolutely nothing and people still "find" proof on what the next xpac will be (just wait a couple of months and you'll see the word speculation being replaced with proof)

Also even though I liked it personally, I know the majority of the playerbase has been disliking Vashjir, mostly due to the bad underwater combat and because most of the quests were dull.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-04-27 at 11:40 PM.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm alone on this, but I'll share:

Something devastating will happen at the end of Legion that'll have our characters leave their post as leaders of our Order, relinquish our artifact and that sort of thing. Feel free to fill in the blanks as to what that is.
    But it has our characters start off with our leaving what we know behind and go off to somewhere like the South Seas or some far away wasteland where we *hear* about what's been going on with the Horde and Alliance, maybe something with the old gods or whatever, but there's a different narrative we run into where we're at, and frankly are more interested in.

TL;DR I want a really fresh narrative that stops us players from getting caught up in the greater story of Azeroth. That can wait for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    I disagree. Blizzard always keeps systems that are popular with the player base. Even though garrison system was flawed, it made it to Legion as order hall. I am sure we will see artifact weapons in next xpac just under a new name and probably less grindy.
    It was hardly popular at all when you see top guilds quit, because of it?.and since the artefacts disappear by the end of the expansion, where is the Point to Keep that System? some Systems disappeared, too during the years of development of wow.

Id like to see something like Pandaria... Something new what we haven't seen yet with connection to next threat.

Or something like wow restart starting with us giving up our powers for defeating the Legion which will lead to us starting from the beginning, fighting thugs and stuff and empowering again

I just don't wanna another ''world is going to end'' threat

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    I'm alone on this, but I'll share:

Something devastating will happen at the end of Legion that'll have our characters leave their post as leaders of our Order, relinquish our artifact and that sort of thing.
    "I've sacrificed everything, what have YOU given?"

Quotes from NPCs about sacrifice have been thrown at our characters for all of legion. I have a nagging suspicion that you're correct, we're going to sacrifice our artifacts and legendaries in some way. I'm sure we'll get to keep them for transmog sake but they'll not keep their power. Maybe that means artifact traits no longer function after level 110, something like that. Maybe the pillars are used to take us to Argus and our empowered artifacts are used up to get us back to Azeroth?

Hard to say how they'll do it but I'm sure we're going to sacrifice all the things that make us powerful in this expansion which will leave us equipping fresh new quest greens for next expansion over any of our legion gear just like we do in each expansion.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcodez View Post
    "I've sacrificed everything, what have YOU given?"

Quotes from NPCs about sacrifice have been thrown at our characters for all of legion. I have a nagging suspicion that you're correct, we're going to sacrifice our artifacts and legendaries in some way. I'm sure we'll get to keep them for transmog sake but they'll not keep their power. Maybe that means artifact traits no longer function after level 110, something like that. Maybe the pillars are used to take us to Argus and our empowered artifacts are used up to get us back to Azeroth?

Hard to say how they'll do it but I'm sure we're going to sacrifice all the things that make us powerful in this expansion which will leave us equipping fresh new quest greens for next expansion over any of our legion gear just like we do in each expansion.
    I'm thinking something more pragmatic, like we just resign our post and pass our weapons down as a symbolic gesture. We were commanders of our garrison and we left it, okay. But Order Halls feel like a more permanent placement in WoW; I'm not comfortable with continuing to hold the office of Highlord while I'm off on another adventure and think it's right for us to leave it behind somehow.

Sacrificing our weapons in such a manner IMO is waaaay too cheesy. It's not off the table because Blizzard does cheesy, but for me it wouldn't feel right.
    Game-wise I can see that happening by putting in our papers and simply picking up another weapon (that I hope looks cool) that subs in for our artifacts before we move on to the next expansion.

Deleted
    World of Warcraft: Turmoil Sorry I'm bad at making names/titles.
    To end Legion, and having a catalyst to the next expansion: We fight Sargaras' soul, and use all the powers within our weapons, to seal him within Azeroth (on her demand). Thus losing the power of our weapons, and having a final for Legion.
    So the two titains soul will fight within the plantet, causing turmoil.

These turmoils are causing rages and uproar all over the Azeroth, making element and animals go crazy, making them alot more hostile (not all of course, otherwise shamans would be %#"!#(?))
    All that meaning we have to return to old zone (and new added or just new ones?) to protect the citizens of azeroth of course. If we return to older zone, they could use the broken shore buildings to a degree, or mabye just one time buildings, to restore towns or small garrisons (not our own, but for like the stormwind guards or so), making what we do matter for the zone and add/change world quest in these areas?
    But elements and animals can't be the only problems.

New Factions as enemies:
    The New Highborns: These are Night elfs, Blood elfs and Nightborns, coming together to create the Starwell, because some elfs are evil too or too power hungry.
    Rogue factions of Humans and/or dwarfs, feeling betrayed by the factions leader, something like the Defias Brotherhood.
    Or mabye other kinds of Rogue factions, stirring trouble within the Alliance and Horde, because mabye some of them wants segerations, or even mad because the Alliance and Horde made some kind of Peace treaty, after seeing how they failed their people and pretty much got saved by the Class orders.
    A new Zandalari Troll empire emerge, but this time as Allies, because of Sargaras soul, alot of Evil Loas have gotten enough power to Enslave people, thus Hakkar can actually return.
    The South seas, with Pirates and Kul Tiras could get involved in this, if people really wants that, even N'zoth. Though I could imaigen Blizzard, trying to be more locate or lesser ''Dooms-day'' forfilling, to try and bring some RPG elements back to the game? Hence the Build cities backup, or just outpost, that could add more world quest, or more simply things as more guards patroling, or more housing being filled by vendors and random npcs, just so we can feel the world come alive as we progress further?

Lots of this might not make sense, but I would love to see Blizzard takes this kind of turn, without us having to stray further and further away from Azeroth or inner conflictes within our Factions.

Sorry if I have stolen parts of someones idea(s), and if I have please let me know so they can get credit for it, even though this is just a forum.

You seem to miss the fact, that in this expansion we fought not only demons, but also vrykuls, naga, night elves, drogbar, nightborne, emerald nightmare-stuff. How you can say that we only fight demons recently, I don't understand.

I really want a tropical expansion with vibrant colors, so this sounds nice.

What I speculate will happen? Dadgar and a couple others fight the forces of Nzoth.

If you let me dream and imagine more freely...

I've always wanted was something more urgent, kinda how Cataclysm felt after it was first launched - you felt the idea of a catastrophe that jus had happened and on top of it you had more shit you had to deal with.
    A true Archipelago connected with giant-ass Old-God tentacles that arose from the South Seas as well as a floating Naga City floating on top of it, that would function as the max level zone. We could have Kul Tiras and Kezan as part of the Archipelago with some zones being attacked by whatever insectoid race we'd be facing, as per usual when battling an Old God... throw in some local tribes and more of a tropical vibe to those isles, as a sharp contrast to what the floating naga city would be like (you know, with the Highborne architecture and all).
    The idea would be to watch the whole might of the Old Gods unravel while we can't qute do much about it: we have returned from Argus and find that Naga have been attacking different coastal cities, bringing not only mighty warriors but also unkillable sea witches with magics only the greatest of Magi are able to counter. In order to do so both Draenei and Sindorei start training Spellbreakers - arcane mages who excel at close-range combat as well as they do at range.
    First tier would see us fighting both the rebirth of The Black Empire, having dungeons and scenarios taking place in different places of Azeroth as well as a couple new ones in the South Seas.
    First two raids would the the Naga Stronghold, in which you corner Queen Azshara but escapes thanks to N'zoth, and also Caverns of Time: The Fall of Quel'Thalas in order to get the shiny and awesome Spellbreaker transmog set from it. You'd fight the Scourge through different parts of Quel'Thalas, and end up fighting Arthas... but you lose and you see him leaving Silvermoon,and Sylvana's fate, to Arthas, as it was supposed to.
    Second tier would be about retaking Eldre'Thalas from Nzoth's forces which are forcing its inhabitants to fight by their side, trying to recover Azshara's arcane secrets. We would get a revamped Dire Maul, this time redone a la Karazhan but this time it is a dungeon turned into a raid. (or maybe a 8.1 type of patch?)
    Third tier would be Queen Azshara's Palace, a place buried within te South Seas in which you will finally put an end to Azshara. She has, as always, gathered quite a few allies, which will be waiting for us in a Serpentshrine Cavern-type of place. You also get a quest campaign that will unlock different Scenarios having you help the most powerful casters of Azeroth find the Sleeping City of Ny'alotha.
    Last patch: Ny'alotha, the Sleeping City. A whole new zone that will function as both a questing hub and a raid. A place that has been twisted by the Old Gods, with a pitch-dark sky that would show a giant eye spying on you from time to time. Here you fight your way through the place (which is a kind of a vertical city, getting deeper into Azeroth as you kill the bosses), ending up in N'zoth's prison. You fight him and, before you kill him once and for all, Azeroth herself appears. She tells you that if you destroy an Old God in a place like Ny'alotha, that would scar the Titan Soul in an irreaparable way, making her awakening almost impossible. She then presents you with 2 options in order to "win": You seal the prison again, leaving him be and have him potentially corrupt someone else, or... kill him and also destroy any chance on having Azeroth on your side when the time to fight he Void Lords comes.
    In order to seal the entrance to Ny'alotha, Khadgar sacrifices himself, staying insde and keeping an eye on the Old God forever.
    Will he come back? And if he does, will he be just himself, or will he be N'zoth's pawn?

... SO, TLDR:

Theme: Azshara + Insectoids + Ny'alotha
    NEW STUFF: - New Class: Spellbreakers (mail wearing mages, with a tanking, time-warping melee spec and rune-weaving, wand wielding ranged spec - any race that can be a mage can be a Spellbreaker)
    - Revamped Exodar / Silvermoon, in which you expand the lore of the spellbreakers.
    - Return of Scenarios

WHAT HAPPENS: - Jaina finds her purpose in life trying to defend Kul Tiras from the grasp of N'Zoth.
    - The Shen'dralar expand their lore and relevance, as Azshara wants her former followers back, which creates tension between the Night Elves.
    - We help Gallywix build a base of operations which he sort of lets the Horde "borrow".
    - Rommath leads the Horde Magi forces, and his sense of pride and disdain towards the races of the Alliance (especially Jaina and Kul Tiras) pisses poeple off.
    - N'zoth is trying to help Azshara reclaim her arcane vault in what now is known as Dire Maul (first patch small raid and dungeon from Dire Maul)
    - Azshara is killed (FINALLY) in her Sunken Palace.
    - When we're fighting N'zoth Azeroth speaks to us and tells us that if we kill the Old God, her soul will suffer such damage that it would never awaken, thus losing her as an ally in the war against the Void. So you leave Ny'alotha, but Khadgar stays inside, sealing the prison from within, keeping an eye on the Old God, forever.

WHERE IT HAPPENS: - An Archipelago chained but giant tentacles laying there.
    - Different insectoid dungeons in key places across Azeroth (Silithus / Un'Goro, Azjol-Nerub, Dread Wastes - which would help them develop more things as they would sort of re-use architecture and vibe from those places).
    - Caverns of Time (first raid) + Flying Naga Stronghold (Azshara's Pride).
    - Feralas / Dire Maul (first patch)
    - Sunken Palace (second patch)
    - Ny'alotha

... and more, but more or less that's the idea. Mages fighting mages, which would give casters a time to shine (last three new classes are melee, so center a whole expansion to caster lore would be nice). Tension between the horde and the alliance would be there because of the whole Purge of Dalaran thing which would of course resurface thanks to Jaina and Rommath (South Seas' Sylvanas and Genn but with less headbutting and more mean-girling), and the twist being that N'zoth can't be killed without dire consequences. Also, having dungeons and scenarios from all over Azeroth is kind of neat because we can see places that are familiar but with a cool, high definition coat.

... well that was a lot to write. I think I need to quit my night coffee.

Best expansion idea doesn't come from me, but from my boyfriend Mace, a house mate of mine, and a forum post I read a long time ago.

N'zoth is the main villain
    Azshara is the final (hidden) boss

[note this happened for TBC, MoP, WoD and Legion] e.g. Gul'dan was the main boss for legion, but Kil'jaeden the final (hidden surpirse boss) , just like Grommash for WoD, but Archimonde the hidden final boss. etc)

New continent: Naz'rajar
    Azshara has been working on and building up power to cast two massive world changing spells. Azshara considers herself the salvation of Azeroth, and raises sunken Kalimdor to the surface in an epic spell. The second spell was she stole from a rebel faction of naga loyal to lady Vashj - the spell was originally suppose to reverse the naga transformation, restoring the naga to night elves, although it ended instead transformed them closer to high elves. However Azshara modified the spell to supercede the original, she would have an Elven naga more beautiful and glorious than ever before and would cast it en masse to affect all naga at once, displaying her power. All would love her and adore her as the restorer of Azeroth and the true elves, her naga, would take their rgithful place as rulesers of the world.

However the modified spell had some side effects,
    in water these elves would have their lower abdomen revert to serpentine and fish like tails, and although bi-pedal above water, the snake hairs instead became corals and not all of their bodies were white skinned like high elves but had an exotic partial infusion of brightly coloured scales that often matched the coral tectured hair, ranging from bright pinks, oranges, blues, purples, whites, greens, blacks or exotic brightness- cast in a hurry because Azshara wanted the glory to be hers alone and did not want to be pipped by her rivals.

Sub-races become a thing,

New sub-race: Naga Elves or Mer-elves, - the most powerful faction of naga that opposed Queen Azshara were led in secret by Darth'remar Sunstrider's brother who had not been able to make it out of the palace 10k years ago, he with a number of Highborne who had also been opposing Queen Azshara in Secret but did not escape with Lady Tryande and been transformed into naga, had been working against the evil Empress all along, subverting some of her more diabolical plans, and to a certain extent had helped ensure not all the actions of the naga were evil.

The spell that was stolen was meant to also be display of power to rival Azshara's continent raising spell and win the hearts of the people to them, but the Queen was wily and got hold of the plans. Azshara denounced her rival as traitor and was going to execute the entire group, but they fled to warn the the heroes of Azeroth. The first approached the Kaldorei, then the Shen'drelar, then the nightborne - but found mistrust distrust and suspicion, on tracing the movements of Lady Vashj, they were led to Illidan and then to the blood elves whom they discovered were led by the late leader's older brother Darth'remar Sunstrider, Bearing the royal signet of the Sunstrider line, the blood elves were quick and smart enough to take the warning seriously and agreed to work with them, warning the horde and Dalaran and from there the threat was verified as geniuine, puling the other races of Azeroth into it.

New Zones: Many of sunken Kalimdor and much of the night elf empire is brought to the surface.
    The naga have rbuilt many of the ruined cities under water, including Zin'Azshari now known as Naz'jatar
    The naga had attempted to move into all the old night elven ruins in the broken isles and Kalimdor, but the night elves, strengthened by an alliance with the Nightborne and Highborne had held onto their ruins and the nightborne were rebuilding with mages and druids alike much of that.
    Many land masses have returned, but some are semi submerged given rise to exotic landscapes of that go a little under water and above.
    Zuldazar, Tel Abim, Kul'Tiras, Undermine and Kezan return also as the new lands change the power structure Kalimdor, and a land grab struggle ensues.

Azshara is weakened by her latest efforts, and approaches Azeroth disguised as a friend, the aim is to stop N'zoth whom she claims she knows the secret to destroying, but her recent exploits have drained her power. N'zoth intendes to punish the Queen for her betrayal and has been enraged by the naga transformation spell, he discoevered too late, he exerted his power nad was abe to prevent a large group of naga from changing back, but Azshara 's spell worked on the rest.

Azshara is secretly planning to re-constiute the Well of Eternity in her 3rd and final massive spell, and thorugh it have the power to reshape the wolorld into her now twisted version of a beautiful paradise., and elimianting all the unworthy especially the elves who betrayed her.

Azshara works with the factions but she isn't trusted by either of them, but it is clear they need her, as the forces of N'zoth are causing havoc.

The trolls of Zandalar, Capital Zul'dazar seem to be having the most success against the Black empire, but first a power struggle must be won to unite the troll people for the first time in 15,000 years.

Once Liberated Zul'dazar becomes the staging ground for the fight against N'zoth.

Zandalari trolls and Naga elves are two new sub-races of Trolls and Blood elves. Naga elves are exotically beautiful women and men, pale skinned but with scaled parts, sea coral textured and coloured hair (long in women, short in men - think Nimrod, Mermaids) - in water their lower halves are fish tailed or serpentine (shapes vary, and you can customize your sea legs)

Naga cities look a bit like the Neptulon zone (and Ego's city palace in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, this is how a lot of the raised landscape looks like - different, exotically beautiful)

Sub-races: Every race gets 2 sub-races, one major one and one minor one
    Major Sub-race: has it's own city/zone and is a major ally to the main race, the minor one fits into the main races storyline. All sub-races get a scenario scene.

Race Order Halls:
    Races become the focus, and their Capitals are the staging ground central nexus for activity where either the capital city or the sub-races capital city is the central hub depending on the story.

Quests are customized properly to your race as well as your class, Class order halls continue to operate.
    up to 40% of the questing experience is now character specific, with unique quests to your Class, your RAce and your profession.

Once N'zoth is defeated, it's a race against time to stop Azshara from re-constituting the Well of Eternity fully and having full control of its power.

Guest appearances: Azeroth, Elune, the Celestials.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2017-04-29 at 05:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    the only thing i know for sure, is:they are going to kill more horde characters and maybe put lorthemar as warchief cause reasons

i just hopping for some cataclysm expansion be like, with the old god theme, the world need change, we need like 5 years between a new expansion, with new characters, new lore, and the horde and alliance fortified fighting each other again

shouldn't there be a return of the lichking? I mean Bolvar is no longer himself and there are some arthas visions throughout BS that gives some warnings, could be a multithread along with N'zoth and Aszhara to wrap all kind of azeroth threats up.

I also miss the diversity of TBC and wrath when it comes to threats. In wrath we had the blue dragon aspect, an old god and the scourge/LK as enemies. Would be nice to have that diversity when it comes to opponents again.

- - - Updated - - -

no i really don't think so. that would be uncreative game design to continue Artifact weapons as Titan Weapons, blizzard does not work that way and you should know it.

And we have plenty of azerothian threats that we yet have to deal with. We certainly shouldn't leave azeroth on legion spaceships and do some starcraft mmo. yet.
    Is it the case in Legion? First raid - no demons, only Nightmare. second raid - titan keepers, vryculs. Nighthold - motly elves. Tomb - elves, naga, keepers... We only saw a little bunch of demons yet at all in raids.

Deleted
    with the last raid of legion occuring on argus ( confirmed by blizzard), we can almost say that the legion won't be our ennemy anymore at the end of the xpac.

I think we 'll, at the end, discover the truth about void and old gods, with azshara and nzoth reveiling their true power with the legion, their only ennemy, gone.

SO i agree with all the people talking about a See expansion / deapths of azeroth / hollow earth trip with nzoth and ashara as mains ennemy