10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Punishment for getting headbutted?

- - - Updated - - -

Kek. City.
    Dross.
    He headbutts just as much as Fellaini and drops to the ground like he was shot in the head..... Really hate that kind of overreactions in football. That really needs to go away.

Deleted
    at least fellaini misses 3 or more games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    He headbutts just as much as Fellaini and drops to the ground like he was shot in the head..... Really hate that kind of overreactions in football. That really needs to go away.
    and off-sides too eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    at least fellaini misses 3 or more games.
    United where amazing defensively in the second half, but had NOTHING on Citys half.....

But in retrospect i think United actually had the best chance in this game to score on the freekick where Herrera almost headed it in. City really din't get to create many chances.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    and off-sides too eh?
    Well you think its ok to elbow people in the head as long as you're longer than you're opponent so....

But i guess you think its ok to act the way Aguero did then i take it?

10+ Year Old Account
    We missed Pogba.

I know, I didn't think I'd say that this season either.

Good result for United, 7 points from Chelsea with Burnley/City away.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2017-04-27 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a solid point, Fellaini hasn't been awful this season but he's still got to go. Too many stupid mistakes and not enough talent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    We missed Pogba.

I know, I didn't think I'd say that this season either.

Good result for United, 7 points from Chelsea with Burnley/City away.
    You missed about five players who aren't shithouses to be fair.

One of the worst games of football I've watched all season - and I watch Ligue 1.

Shocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazed at City's inability to finish infront of goal tonight, so many missed chances that United have to admit they rode their luck tonight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fml fell asleep after dinner and missed the match, looks like I didn't miss much though.

I'm gonna be different here and defend Fellaini, I think he's been better this season. I didn't see the incident but he's created a bunch of chances, some which of have lead to important goals. Sure he's hot tempered but as I said I think this season he's been a lot better. Just my opinion though.

Deleted
    Fouled Aguero - yellow clear as day.
    Free kick taken quickly - five seonds later he's clawing at Aguero's shirt / giving away a free kick / risking another yellow.

Aguero front up, clearly pissed at the sudden attention he's receiving.

Fellaini proceeds to indulge him - stupid hair bobbles forward then back - obvious headbutt.
    Off he goes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Fouled Aguero - yellow clear as day.
    Free kick taken quickly - five seonds later he's clawing at Aguero's shirt / giving away a free kick / risking another yellow.

Aguero front up, clearly pissed at the sudden attention he's receiving.

Fellaini proceeds to indulge him - stupid hair bobbles forward then back - obvious headbutt.
    Off he goes.
    Had to laugh at the "stupid hair bobbles" bit, but yeah as I said he's hot tempered. Stupid thing to do, and I'm not defending his actions tonight, just in general I think he's been better this season and more important.

Deleted
    The hair bobbling is how I knew it was a genuine lunge and not just Aguero impailing himself on his forhead and falling over.

Not only does it look goofy - it's not very effective if you're a snide.

Fellaini can only blame himself for that card. Right infront of the referee aswell.

Bayern has signed Coman permanently (they had him on loan with the option to buy). His first season was amazing, this season he hasn't been that good. He had a longer lay off and with Robben again playing well and not getting injured I understand why Ancelotti has gone with the dutchman. Ribery should have been dropped in a couple of games but he has too delivered sometimes.

All in all I think this is a good choice. A young talented winger and now that Bayern decided to buy him, he might get more confident.

15+ Year Old Account
    The hair bobbling is how I knew it was a genuine lunge and not just Aguero impailing himself on his forhead and falling over.

Not only does it look goofy - it's not very effective if you're a snide.
    His hair always makes me laugh xD Hence why I laughed at your description of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    Fellaini can only blame himself for that card. Right infront of the referee aswell.

Bayern has signed Coman permanently (they had him on loan with the option to buy). His first season was amazing, this season he hasn't been that good. He had a longer lay off and with Robben again playing well and not getting injured I understand why Ancelotti has gone with the dutchman. Ribery should have been dropped in a couple of games but he has too delivered sometimes.

All in all I think this is a good choice. A young talented winger and now that Bayern decided to buy him, he might get more confident.
    Coman was not awful as many people believe, he was just awfully used. He's a very young football player and has a shit ton of talent, but he's rarely a champions league final game ultimate outcome changer (yet). He's freaking 20 years old. Bayern just needs to mold him the way they want to. He's can be a perfect 1 to 1 replacement for Ribery.

Whenever Bayern plays against 2nd tier Bundesliga clubs, they have to play him. Always. That at least is my understanding of building up a player. And in 1-2 seasons he can be a regular start up player.

Together with Sanches for Alonso, Kimmich for Lahm and Costa probably for Robben, they have a good 2nd team that you can work with. Probably not champions league winner material, but Bayern needs to get off their high horse anyway, only because they won the triple once they cannot expect this to be their season goal each year and get all depressed when they don't deliver.

Now they only need another striker. Lewa cannot be their only way to score goals, since so often he seems to have trouble delivering in the really big games.

Müller is garbage (I never liked him. Slow and clumsy, very good pathfinder but useless in Bayerns current constellation) and I think Bayern is only still 100% behind him because he will be the last big identity of Bayern after Schweinsteiger and Lahm.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2017-04-27 at 11:48 PM.

Deleted
    Coman better have improved a lot since I last saw him play for PSG and I think Juve?
    Was awful for France as well.

Big transition period coming for Bayern in the next few years - will be interesting to see who they bring in / how they fare with these youngsters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting to see how not a single person in this thread have said anything about Agueros behaviour.... In The replays you can clearly see that both players do the same head movement, but one of them acts as if he broke his head.

Have we gotten sonus d to this kind of over reacting that we don't even notice/care anymore or is it just because it's Fellaini?

Should have been one yellow each in that situation

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to be honest and completely disagree Fellaini is the only one who looks to clash heads imo. The hair actually accentuates the movement.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a link to the video on the United subreddit.

Anyway, Aguero gets all up in Fellaini's face but it is Fellaini who actually does the headbutting, it's pretty clear to see on the video. Of course Aguero falls down like he's just been hit by a speeding bus, but acting is part of their job.

Fellaini clearly deserved the red though.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2017-04-28 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Coman was not awful as many people believe, he was just awfully used. He's a very young football player and has a shit ton of talent, but he's rarely a champions league final game ultimate outcome changer (yet). He's freaking 20 years old. Bayern just needs to mold him the way they want to. He's can be a perfect 1 to 1 replacement for Ribery.

Whenever Bayern plays against 2nd tier Bundesliga clubs, they have to play him. Always. That at least is my understanding of building up a player. And in 1-2 seasons he can be a regular start up player.

Together with Sanches for Alonso, Kimmich for Lahm and Costa probably for Robben, they have a good 2nd team that you can work with. Probably not champions league winner material, but Bayern needs to get off their high horse anyway, only because they won the triple once they cannot expect this to be their season goal each year and get all depressed when they don't deliver.

Now they only need another striker. Lewa cannot be their only way to score goals, since so often he seems to have trouble delivering in the really big games.

Müller is garbage (I never liked him. Slow and clumsy, very good pathfinder but useless in Bayerns current constellation) and I think Bayern is only still 100% behind him because he will be the last big identity of Bayern after Schweinsteiger and Lahm.
    Yeah, they need to understand that Robbery is getting old despite they still are pretty good. I liked Costa a lot last season and this season he has struggled aswell and injuries have been a big part of it. I wouldn't be too sad if he left and they brought in a big name on the wings. A lot of rumours about Sanchez to Bayern, that could solve a lot. He could play on the wings and help Lewa with the scoring and when Lewa isn't playing as striker Sanchez could play as it.

Champions League should be a goal for Bayern every year IMO since they are on the same level as Barca and Real and right now I think perhaps Juve is the closest one to those teams?

Replacement for Alonso will be hard with the players they have atm. Thiago is the only one who has the ability to control a game and pass like him but I like Thiago in a more free roll which he has had this season. Sanches is more like Vidal but Kimmich could take Alonso's roll, I think he would play it kinda like Lahm did. Kimmich could be the next right back but I wouldn't mind something young and fresh there.

Nothing says they have to play with a Alonso type of player, in 2013 they played with Schweinsteiger and Martinez in central midfield, but the system they have used since then has required one.

I think the problem for Lewa in some kind of games is that he get so marked. Robben and Ribery are often away from the box and so is Thiago so Lewa is usually alone with 2-3 players around him.

The Müller case is complicated. He is still one of the best players in the world to find empty space but he is having a hard time to fit into Ancelotti's system. I still want him to stay though.

- - - Updated - - -

Coman better have improved a lot since I last saw him play for PSG and I think Juve?
    Was awful for France as well.

Big transition period coming for Bayern in the next few years - will be interesting to see who they bring in / how they fare with these youngsters.
    Yup, they need to let the youngsters play more.

They can compete with all teams when it comes to transfers but they need to be smart.

Good start to it isn't only the Coman news, Thiago has also extended his contract to 2021!