Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    so...i bought $20 blizzard card and...i didn't get a FFXIV code?
    Make sure it says on the item's page that it's an eligible purchase. If it is, then you can either wait a couple days to get the code like I did, or if you're impatient contact Amazon support and see if they'll go ahead and give you the codes.
    But if the card you bought isn't eligible and you haven't used it, you can try to get a refund and buy something else.

edit - And just to make sure, you're in North America? I know Canada had some problems with the previous promotion because they had to purchase from amazon.com and not amazon.ca, and then they get hit with taxes, tariffs, border fees and/or whatever else nonsense that made it cost more for them.

edit 2 - Also, for me it took exactly 48 hours from the time I got my game time card until I got my item code.
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2017-04-27 at 11:48 PM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    so...i bought $20 blizzard card and...i didn't get a FFXIV code?
    Somebody earlier said on official forums that Amazon ran out of codes and are waiting for more from SE.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4121176

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Somebody earlier said on official forums that Amazon ran out of codes and are waiting for more from SE.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4121176
    sad face

[10 chars]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    At least Sleipnir was on sale at some moment.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme..._dyes_on_sale/
    That's promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Even if you've never done it, you can do a little bit of pvp to farm up 4k wolf marks and buy a decent 235 weapon in just a few hours. Frontline roulette will give you 1500/1750/2000 marks for 3rd, 2nd and 1st place respectively. The Feast will give 250/500 marks for losing/winning and takes a maximum of 9 minutes (1 minute set up, 8 minutes play time) but I've seen it end in about 3 minutes total when one side just steamrolled the other. So yeah, you can get a weapon pretty fast.
    I literally forgot PVP exists in the game, nice. After reading this I also noticed there's a giant ball mount from winning PVP matches, I think I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    The last time I know for a fact Sleipnir went on sale was winter of 2015. I grabbed it then and haven't payed much attention to the shop since. I think you'll just have to keep an eye on the lodestone.

edit - and checking my email to confirm the purchase date I also saw my promo codes have come in. /happydance
    edit 2 - They were very literal about it taking 48 hours to send the codes. 11:16 AM when I got my order confirmation, 11:16 AM 2 days later when I got the bonus codes.
    I don't intend on turning FF14 into a serious collect-a-thon such as how I treated WoW for many years before quitting. Right before I unsubbed from 14 I acquired the two Odin pieces from that fate and wanted the mount to complete the look and likely wouldn't farm/buy any other mounts.

I think this is still an unconfirmed rumor, but I heard during a live stream someone at SE said they intend to allow Sleipnir to fly, I had thought it was by the time SB is out, but I can't find any info on it.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    FF14 seriously needs to add this to the game as a small QoL feature.

When a duty pops the icon on the taskbar glows. WoW has it. Sometimes I'm watching youtube stuff or guides and I'll miss the queue.
    On the PS4 the controller screams and makes a ticking clock noise, i can hear that when im downstairs grabbing a drink and man does it tell you to rush back

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    On the PS4 the controller screams and makes a ticking clock noise, i can hear that when im downstairs grabbing a drink and man does it tell you to rush back
    Exactly. So the PC icon could easily light up.

Exactly. So the PC icon could easily light up.
    nah, scream and ticking or nothing!

10+ Year Old Account

I guess it's pretty OK, wonder which job I'd use it on.

15+ Year Old Account

Red Mage and Samurai pins/icons

RDM icon is too similar too WHM IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    RDM icon is too similar too WHM IMO.
    Pretty sure that's intentional. It's actually a combination of both the WHM and BLM symbols since RDM comes from a melding of the two.

rotated 180 degrees + mirrored =
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Well, there's two ways of looking at button bloat. You can have a lot of abilities which you rarely use. Or you can have many abilities which you use a lot. Like if you have a regular 5-button rotation and 5 situational abilities, is that better or worse than having a 9-button rotation with 1 situational ability?
    Excellent discussion point! Bolded some questions I'd like answered so we can get on the same page.

First let's define a 5 button rotation, (In my mind) I'm assuming that True Thrust -> Vorpal Thrust -> Full Thrust is 1 button. Even though it's 3 keybinds, It's really just 1 button. Would you agree or disagree with this? As in the flow of gameplay when you press True Thrust you're effectively locking away any decision making for the next 2 GCD's.

When you say situational abilities do you mean situational DPS abilities or like utility/defensives? Would you classify oGCD's as situational (I think this is kinda where you're going here)?

I actually like situational abilities. As long as content is designed for them to be used/mandatory, and that they really have impact.

Tempered Will isn't used a lot, true. But it's also not a big issue either. You put it on your bars and forget about it until a fight comes along which needs it. But adding extra DoTs or boosts to the main rotation makes normal gameplay more complicated.
    This is kind of the point. Yes it isn't a big issue and yes it isn't used a lot. That is the hallmark of bad design. Anything that you just slap on a bar with no common usage (literally like 4% of all content has a use for TW, not even a mandatory one, just that you can use it).

Contrary to popular belief I don't want combat to be this blistering professional fighting game player combo system (I have FGC and BNS for that ). I just want more robust and fun gameplay in what I consider to be one of the best MMO's ever made. Kind of like having the dream house, but it just needs a new kitchen, finish the basement, and add a pool. Make sense?

I'm no fool I know my wishes will never come true. I merely just like to discuss the what ifs with other people. Most people don't realize this, but every single person is a wealth of knowledge and experience, sometimes you just have to ask them to share. I learn new things from people on these forums all the time. I change the way I feel or think about something if there's a viewpoint that really makes me think.

(PS. I also do this to pass time at work when I'm slow).

For example, getting rid of Royal Authority (maybe folding it into Rage of Halone) would do far more for reducing PLD button bloat than getting rid of Tempered Will. Reducing the number of buttons you need to regularly press can be more important than reducing the number of buttons on your bars.
    The downside to this is that you're removing some gameplay from PLD (who desperately needs MORE robust gameplay). That's bad design IMO. The idea should be to get rid of buttons that aren't used and aren't impactful, and streamline bad design (i.e. PLD DPS combo based of beginning of threat, someone had mentioned this earlier, it's a clear outlier in tank design). Bonus points if you can empower existing abilities with pruned ones to maintain those very niche circumstances (but even still they should design content around this IMO).

So people who debate or disagree with your opinions are "fanboys"?

You want an actual discussion then fine. Don't go calling people who don't agree with you fanboys. It's a weak and petulant argument and gives you no moral high ground here whatsoever.
    You misunderstand. These people that I call fanbois fit into a very specific category:

They respond to my posts (which are usually long, filled with *decent content, ask questions, and provided examples/evidence) with nothing more than we don't want FF14 to be WoW or Cleric Stance isn't clunky to use, you're just bad, or insert some other completely irrelevant 1 line response.

There are numerous people in this thread who don't agree with me and are capable of having an actual discussion (you are included in this because you offered insight, analysis, experience and a point of view). @dope_danny is one of the prime offenders to the point he's even blocked me because he doesn't want to look like a walking hypocrite in front of his squad by actually answering my questions and taking a stance.

I hold no moral high ground over any person in this thread. I hope this helps clarify my post intent.

I think Blood for Blood should stay personally. It offers decent damage increase atm and the penalty is fine. Am I fanboy because I said that? Hmmmm? I also think Internal Release should stay as Crit is a viable stat for a lot of Jobs and that the value it offers could be increased to at least 15-20% baseline.
    The problem is that if these cooldowns stay as is, we're in a design paradigm where your first 22 globals (exaggerating for effect) are just you stacking cooldowns. That really isn't good gameplay and a lot of people have agreed that they don't like it.

Let's analyze why it isn't good (IMO of course, everything is IMO, I always welcome you/anyone to refute my statements with their own experience, examples, and insight). Bolded sections are questions I'd like answered IYO.

First we'll start with the cooldowns. B4B is that if you have no dps meter and you have damage numbers turned off (I always do) what feedback do you get from the ability? Nothing. Mechanically B4B is fine, in that it functions as a burst DPS cooldown, but if the only thing redeeming is its mechanics that effect could be baked into something more robust thus clearing up a clunky mechanic (excessive cooldown stacking) and a free button. Internal Release functions identically, so no need to repeat it here.

When you compare it to a DPS cooldown like SMN's Trance or DRG's Blood of the Dragon you can see the difference. Ask any DRG if they like pushing BotD they should answer yes. It's thematically very exciting, it boosts your damage of your job abilities (Jump), grants access to new gameplay mechanics AND new abilities. That's an IMPACTFUL cooldown. In WoW when I push Crusade I get a ramp up stacking damage and haste (so faster gameplay, faster resource generation). This is an example of an impactful cooldown. Avenging Wrath on the other hand merely grants additional damage and healing, again if DPS meters/numbers off, this doesn't give you the player any feedback (bad design).

Also on the second bolded point just no. People here have said they want useless skills removed. I'm all for the Thunder rework and hell while they are at it get rid of Freeze or make it a PvP talent because I sure as shit have never used it in a PvE situation other than when I was new and had no idea it was worthless.
    I kind of covered this above. It doesn't apply to everyone. It just applies to those who know they're hypocrites internally. You're not included in this.

And as for Tempered Will. Merge it into a defensive as you said. Problem solved. As for other Paladin issues. Shield Oath at 30 instead of 40. Tank issues in general. Rework low level tanking and give them a Mini Defiance and Shield Oath buff that becomes the respective abilities at 30. Because low level tanking is abominable.
    So you agree that the design of it is lackluster and that my solution is a viable compromise/change?

I'm actually not a huge fan of "stances". I would much prefer tanking threat/dps to be handled more organically via abilities and not a 1 button push stance. I don't have a good solution to this problem, as it's definitely a tough one, but I think that tanks needs more robust gameplay. Tanking some content in this game is downright sickening how boring it can be for a tank.

That said, The Shield Oath point is dead on. A good example where tank design streamlining would go a long way.

What do you think of tanks gameplay in general and their stances?

Also I genuinely hope while there isn't too much of a bloat they don't remove too much either. I'm not bashing WoW here but I like having a lot of buttons to press and a few of my specs in WoW are just not fun to play. Of course I like them to be useful and not just there for bloat which some abilities in FF14 are. Since they said we should end up with around the same amount of abilities at 70 in Stormblood as we had in Heavensward I'm OK with that as long as they dump useless stuff.
    I like a lot of buttons to press too! I just want those buttons to be impactful and have gameplay feedback. I gave a list earlier with DRG that covered a lot of useless buttons, or buttons that could easily be removed and baked into other abilities for a better experience.

Just out of curiousity what are your main specs in WoW:Legion for comparison (If it's not obvious I play Ret)?

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Most rotations seem more complicated on paper than they are once you start using them, but as people have noted, Yoshida feels they got too complicated in HW and the ceiling got too far from the floor, so they'll be simplifying some of it to raise the floor and narrow the gap.
    Agreed with this. They seem overwhelming, but in gameplay they're not bad at all (that said, I'm on the upper end of gameplay spectrum so YMMV).

I really truly think that when Yoshi says they're too complicated he actually means too punishing. The act of pressing the buttons isn't difficult by any means, but failing to press the right button (and dropping BotD/Enochian/etc.) has downright staggering (thus ceiling to floor as you mentioned) consequences to your output.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2017-04-28 at 12:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Artifact Gear for PLD, SCH, DRK, BRD and DRG. AF gear will be gotten via lvl 70 job quest. \o/

Important Characters

Changing classes anywhere will not incur cds, and sprint no longer using up tp. Hooolly sheeettt.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2017-04-28 at 01:03 PM.

So all sprint all the time? O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Artifact Gear for PLD, SCH, DRK, BRD and DRG. AF gear will be gotten via lvl 70 job quest. \o/
    Dat pally gear looks awesome. :O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    So all sprint all the time? O_o
    Probably just a fixed cooldown.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Dat pally gear looks awesome. :O

- - - Updated - - -

Probably just a fixed cooldown.
    Sprint already has a 30s cd. Just TP classes can use sprint now without fucking themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelwryn View Post
    and sprint no longer using up tp

full retard tank mode confirmed.

Good luck getting me to ever walk and not run again.

My caps is on because i'm now always sprinting.

Edit - MMO CHAMP KILLED MY CAPS
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Sprint already has a 30s cd. Just TP classes can use sprint now without fucking themselves.
    pretty sure, given the duration of a 1000 TP sprint that duration will either be reduced (I hope not) or the CD will be increased.
    No way they'll let us sprint with a 50% uptime.

Not really looking forward to this, as it could become quite annoying to keep up with retard tanks as a healer.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2017-04-28 at 01:41 PM.

Well the trailer to show the new benchmark was interesting. Not just for how packed areas can be now but a few things im sure need a rewatch, like im pretty sure every MNK in that was not doing any positional movement at all. Could just be lazy playing on the part of the recording team but you never know, maybe positional movements gone? not sure i'd like that honestly, MNK could feel pretty boring without the footsie movement.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-04-28 at 01:31 PM.

lol, for all the Naruto fans out there, Ninja apparently gets a Toad Summoning Jutsu! XD