Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    When liberals and the leftist media does anything they can to attack him and prevent him from governing and doing his job, yeah its a little disappointing. How long did it take for him to fill out his cabinet? Oh yeah, its still not 100% filled thanks to the morons in congress on the left "doing their job".

How long did it take Obama to fully staff his administration? He had it mostly filled in the first 2 months of his reign. Yeah, clear bias in congress and the media.
    Seriously?

The GOP has control of SCOTUS and both houses of Congress, but you're blaming the "liberals" who have been effectively neutered by the election?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    so far they have stopped his muslim ban, his travel ban, his sanct city ban, his obamacare plan and soon his tax plan.

this is powerless?
    We're "powerless"

But we're blocking his every move?

I don't get conservative logic. It's like back in the day when Obama was an Atheist Muslim.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Yeah, I am. Got a conservative judge instead of another philosopher king, that's already enough to justify my vote. We also are finally starting to crack down on illegals, that's great too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Trump did manage to exceed my expectations in a rather bad way with how he handled the Taiwan straight issue. The apologists are basically wrong in thinking that this was actually a negotiable issue for China, and his words (along with the words of Tsai) did endanger the independence and safety of Taiwan, and by extension stability in that region. This was in some sense a policy change that we have (at least for the moment) reversed course on to return to the status quo.

And it was a critical error that has injected tension and uncertainty into events which should have been business as usual, such as an upcoming arms sale to Taiwan. I would not be surprised if someone in that region makes a mistake and we end up with some sort of actual conflict, since these two bumbling idiots (Trump and Tsai) have done work to set the stage.

Let's be honest. I wouldn't have been happy with this first 100 days regardless of what he did unless he had said: "I lied, suckers" and then turned into a reasonable person. But this was not a fuck up I ever expected even from Trump, so yeah. I can't wait for 4 years to be up.
    There is no such thing as One-China, just two separate sovereign countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    If 96% of us sucked at our jobs as much as Donnie sucks at his we would be in the unemployment line.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    There is no such thing as One-China, just two separate sovereign countries.
    That's what the One-China policy is: "one country, two systems." The policy is in everyone knowing that there are two separate countries, but saying instead that there is only one. Because such a claim is part of the foundation of the Communist Party's power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Yeah, I am. Got a conservative judge instead of another philosopher king, that's already enough to justify my vote. We also are finally starting to crack down on illegals, that's great too.
    This is what I love about the US, a lot of people actually wanted a biased court.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.
    Considering I might lose my job this Autumn when the 2018 budget comes out to pay for a do nothing wall, tax breaks for the wealthy, or yet more military spending.
    I mean who needs science?
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    When liberals and the leftist media does anything they can to attack him and prevent him from governing and doing his job, yeah its a little disappointing. How long did it take for him to fill out his cabinet? Oh yeah, its still not 100% filled thanks to the morons in congress on the left "doing their job".

How long did it take Obama to fully staff his administration? He had it mostly filled in the first 2 months of his reign. Yeah, clear bias in congress and the media.
    Can to explain to the class how the Dems are responsible for a Republican controlled Senate not filling a Republican cabinet?

eh so far so good mostly. Not happy with the amount of travel to FL but i'd love to get my fingers on the raw data being used for math behind the prices...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    That's what the One-China policy is: "one country, two systems." The policy is in everyone knowing that there are two separate countries, but saying instead that there is only one. Because such a claim is part of the foundation of the Communist Party's power.
    You appear to be confusing Taiwan with Hong Kong or Macau.

The "one country, two systems" policy has nothing to do with Taiwan.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    This is what I love about the US, a lot of people actually wanted a biased court.
    Well no, but if it has to be biased, let it be biased our way.

He has only himself to blame for making himself toxic for congress to work with. The way he talks to people doesn't inspire them to work with him. It could work running a business, but politics is a totally different animal. I think he'll be largely ineffective mostly due to his big mouth screwing the pooch. His impulsiveness and impatience isn't going to help either. You need to put a lot of time and energy to get something to work and the healthcare bill was barely an effort. You can only do so much with executive orders.

So NO

I really hope the Democrats offer someone good, because I have a feeling they're likely going to be the next President. Pick a Biden, or a Bernie, someone who knows how the game is played and still has the ability to talk to people without turning off more than half the country. Better yet, someone totally new. And they'll have plenty of new people, because Trump has inspired a lot of younger liberals to start trying their hand in politics.
    Last edited by Height; 2017-04-27 at 11:49 PM.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    You appear to be confusing Taiwan with Hong Kong or Macau.

The "one country, two systems" policy has nothing to do with Taiwan.
    Which is party why I put it in quotations. Because the underlying principle is the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy the worst shit he promised hasn't materialized and at least some of the GOP is shying away from his insanity.

I'm pissed that he thinks he can govern via executive order. I'm pissed that he has no basic understanding of how government, international politics, or national economics works. I'm pissed that his children have been "appointed" to government positions and the GOP who cries foul over every little government indiscretion isn't doing shit about it. I'm happy his supporters are getting screwed but I'm pissed that he got elected on complete lies. I'm pissed how slowly the Russia-Tump connection investigation is going. I'm pissed over the sheer magnitude of incompetence of not just Trump but much of his cabinet. I'm pissed that Ajit Pai is fast-tracking the destruction of a free internet. I'm pissed that Trump is pandering to oil and gas lobbies and un-protecting our national parks and monuments.

So, on the whole, I'm pretty pissed, like 78% pissed.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    No his retarded pursuit of a border wall and imposing bigger taxes on imports from Mexico will hurt my community and his stupid ass anti-science crusade is also dangerous for my future career.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    At least your honest.

For the time being? Not too happy, only happy in the sense Trump and the GOP have no fucking clue how to have an actual agenda besides sucking off thier corporate owners. So for now things are more or less the same but the real fun starts when and if they start doing shit like Trumps proposed tax plan, rolling back on net nuetrality, cracking down on legal weed, starting another war. Gonna be fun to see how badly people want them out come 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im very unhappy with how everything i read on the internet still revolves around this dick. Good or bad its getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    The economy at this point is completely irrelevant. He's not done anything to have any impact and even if he had, we wouldn't see the impact for several more months, at least. It's like that guy who tried to compare the economy of the first two months of Trump's term to the first two month's of Obama's term. In reality, he was comparing Bush's presidency to Obama's presidency.
    I wonder what kind of fuck-ups like mistakenly announcing we're sending our fleet to North Korea has on the global economy......You'd fire ANYONE for that kind of fuck up... but here we are entertaining a fucking child with the possibility of starting WW3.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2017-04-28 at 02:37 AM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ROFL. Good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    The opposition he has faced is nothing like Obama's first or second term. You're fooling yourself if you think the nothing he has done at the opposition of the Democrats not controlling a majority in anything is "good" or even acceptable.

Frankly it's the most embarrassing thing about the entire administration.
    I would still vote for him tomorrow if the same two were running again.