Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I doubt she has much more to do with the story. According to her, her last act in the service of the Light was resurrecting Illidan in the Nighthold. In the quest "Awakenings" she says: "When our work is complete, I will be lost to the Great Dark."

I do understand why people feel that she is untrustworthy - she tells us she needs to prepare his soul, then in the quest Destiny Unfulfilled she says (in every scenario) that we were the ones that needed preparation, not Illidan's soul. Yet, despite THAT, she did wind up holding Illidan's soul, and transferred it to his body in the Nighthold anyway.

However, I doubt we'll be seeing her again. Her core hasn't appeared since the Nighthold, and we haven't heard from her again. It doesn't seem like she'll be needed, because Illidan, Khadgar, and Velen are already leading the charge into Legion territory with all their powers and knowledge.
    The first part of the quote ("Its surface blazes bright") connected in my mind to the first quest where we learn of Light's Heart. Khadgar says,

"The Order of the Silver Hand have reported that an extraordinarily luminescent object has emerged from the Felstorm and is currently falling towards the coast of Suramar. What I find most curious about this occurrence is that the object was reported as having 'cut a swath' through the Felstorm itself."

At this point, all we have is the word of a pre-recorded message that came with the core. In the book of his namesake, Illidan attempts to locate Kil'jaeden on Argus using his astral form, all the while a mysterious presence is following and watching him. Almost as soon as Illidan finds Kil'jaeden, the Deceiver senses him and the mysterious presence begins to ensnare him.

The Deceiver's gaze rested there, pregnant with the threat of destruction; then it passed on. Something had turned it away from Illidan, and it took him a moment to realize what. The presence that enshrouded him now pushed him out of the edge of the throne room. He had a sense of it just for an instant. It was a thing of Light, so bright as almost to be painful to behold. As he became aware of it, he heard a titanic roar of rage from within the throne room of Kil'jaeden, as if the eredar lord sensed it, too.

though he later adds:

And he had found something else, a being who had aided him to escape when all seemed lost. He thought about the Light he had sensed within it and realized he did not trust the thing. Kil'jaeden was not known as the Deceiver for nothing. Perhaps this was all part of some vast and elaborate trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimensius View Post
    Gul'dan calls Anduin a "boy-king".

It's obviously Anduin. Idk why people keep saying Wrathion (he's not even a king).
    Hey I'm absolutely open to either possibility, but do you have any speculation about what the three lies will be? I think that identifying those will clue us in to who the "boy-king" really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Wrathion calls himself the Black Prince.

And he's a big fan of half truths and not telling you his full plans, hence the part about lies makes sense.
    This makes sense, I think. He calls himself a prince. And who is a prince? Nascent king. BOY-king.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lmao, so after Chromies voice from 7.2.5 was data-mined, i think we can probably determine she is who Il'Gynoth is referring to when he says "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming". If you listen to the whole thing, its a long quest line that has us follow Wrathion to Wyrmms Rest to chase a Dread Lord, and she ends up dying (again) in the Obsidian Lair.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Lmao, so after Chromies voice from 7.2.5 was data-mined, i think we can probably determine she is who Il'Gynoth is referring to when he says "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming". If you listen to the whole thing, its a long quest line that has us follow Wrathion to Wyrmms Rest to chase a Dread Lord, and she ends up dying (again) in the Obsidian Lair.
    Yeah yeah! Always love a good data-mine

The boy-king thing used to confuse me because Anduin is the obvious boy-king, but it just doesn't make any sense to be him. Him being young and inexperienced are too important and too logical for his character to reveal that he's somehow been this secret Void agent playing dumb the whole time. And if he's being manipulated, then you wouldn't call it a "lie" because it would be the truth as far as he knows (and the Void generally tends to deal in the truth anyway, just in very selective ways).

I really think it might be Wrathion now, though. He may be known as the Black Prince at the moment, but as pretty much the last of his kind, there's no reason not to consider him a king of his people (especially if you consider the cut questline where he gathered a bunch of new and even younger dragons), and he's definitely still a boy. The one thing that got me about this, is that saying he's at the master's table and lying to us, seems a little too evil, even for him. It would be a shame to have this plotline about the last uncorrupted black dragon, only for him to secretly be corrupted like his 'father' and wiping out the rest of his flight to maintain his cover, I guess?

Then something hit me. Wrathion has Aman'thul's spirit within him. Perhaps "serves at the master's table" refers to his new connection to the master of the Pantheon. In this case, the quote would be less "a boy-king is lying to us on behalf of a master of evil" and more "Wrathion is scheming like normal, and it's going to keep causing more trouble in the long run."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    The boy-king thing used to confuse me because Anduin is the obvious boy-king, but it just doesn't make any sense to be him. Him being young and inexperienced are too important and too logical for his character to reveal that he's somehow been this secret Void agent playing dumb the whole time. And if he's being manipulated, then you wouldn't call it a "lie" because it would be the truth as far as he knows (and the Void generally tends to deal in the truth anyway, just in very selective ways).

I really think it might be Wrathion now, though. He may be known as the Black Prince at the moment, but as pretty much the last of his kind, there's no reason not to consider him a king of his people (especially if you consider the cut questline where he gathered a bunch of new and even younger dragons), and he's definitely still a boy. The one thing that got me about this, is that saying he's at the master's table and lying to us, seems a little too evil, even for him. It would be a shame to have this plotline about the last uncorrupted black dragon, only for him to secretly be corrupted like his 'father' and wiping out the rest of his flight to maintain his cover, I guess?

Then something hit me. Wrathion has Aman'thul's spirit within him. Perhaps "serves at the master's table" refers to his new connection to the master of the Pantheon. In this case, the quote would be less "a boy-king is lying to us on behalf of a master of evil" and more "Wrathion is scheming like normal, and it's going to keep causing more trouble in the long run."
    It's been so long since that moment with Wrathion, I do understand where you got to your conclusion but still.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I swear to god, everytime I read any of these speculation threads and see people not even slightly mention Odyn LITERALLY being the King of Ravens, I want to die.

He is literally the king of ravens in mythology and they follow his ass everywhere when he is Havi. He is the king of ravens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I swear to god, everytime I read any of these speculation threads and see people not even slightly mention Odyn LITERALLY being the King of Ravens, I want to die.

He is literally the king of ravens in mythology and they follow his ass everywhere when he is Havi. He is the king of ravens.
    The mythological Odin certainly has that connotation, but the Warcraft version Odyn really doesn't have a strong raven motif. He does have two Dread Raven servants that hand out quests, but they're nowhere near anything I would call prominet nor are they really his motif. Insofar as the Warcraft universe is concerned both Medivh and Khadgar have a strong connection to ravens.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

What if the Lord of Ravens is what is referring to Wrathion. When we first meet him, he is in charge of the operations at Ravenholdt manor. Making him the Lord of Ravenholdt manor.

I mean, how do we know he isn't corrupted by the Old Gods? He does have an awfully large amount of power for a whelp. It might have also been easier to warp his mind while still in the egg, where Deathwing was already a full grown dragon, so the whispers drove him insane instead. So it turned Wrathion into a clear thinking servant.

Could be Wrathion wasn't trying to stop the Legion Invasion he saw a vision of, but instead needed the Legion to invade so the Pillars of Creation could be gathered and used to free N'Zoth. While powerful, I don't think he had the power to force the Nightborne to bring down their shield like the Legion does giving access to the Eye of Aman'thul.

And to do this, they needed Gul'dan. So Wrathion corrupts Kairoz into trying to form an infinite army of Orcs(under the delusion it will help stop the legion), to connect our world to an alternate draenor, so the legion could send Gul'dan here to coerce the Nightborne into bringing down the shield.

Then while we are off the planet fighting the Legion on Argus, Wrathion will use the pillars that have been neatly gathered, to free N'Zoth from his prison and we will return to a world under siege by an Old God.

I mean, let's face it. For how blizzard does things. The Lord of Ravens being someone actually tied to a raven like Medivh or Khadgar is a little too on the nose.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2017-04-29 at 01:11 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Ever thought about that these whispers might be supposed to break the 4th wall, by making us, the players (and therefor the player character) suspect Anduin and khadgar and wrathion, pointing them out as the ones who will ruin everything. Cause it sure as hell is working. Il'ghinoth whispers, and we all start to suspect the faction leaders and heroes instead of the enemy. We're going mad, people!

Quote Originally Posted by gtgcul8r View Post
    Ever thought about that these whispers might be supposed to break the 4th wall, by making us, the players (and therefor the player character) suspect Anduin and khadgar and wrathion, pointing them out as the ones who will ruin everything. Cause it sure as hell is working. Il'ghinoth whispers, and we all start to suspect the faction leaders and heroes instead of the enemy. We're going mad, people!
    the Old Gods' corruption is going over the screens!

Quote Originally Posted by gtgcul8r View Post
    Oh shit! Too meta 4 me! That would be a cool ultimate deception but it's fun trying to figure out riddles like this. The old gods and their minions always talk about us like we are kinda insignificant to the greater plan, or we are always being played. It's a cool vibe about them, but maybe its just them always playing us!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I mean, how do we know he isn't corrupted by the Old Gods? He does have an awfully large amount of power for a whelp.
    The Red Dragonflight ran some experiments with his egg, hence he was able to keep a full grown Dragon at bay for some time.

Next to that, he has the Lightning Lance, extremely powerful Spear which he crafted with our help and he ate the Heart of Lei Shen.

While it's not impossible that he's controlled by the Old Gods, Fahrad, a Black Dragon, said that the "voices" told him to kill Wrathion after he became "too difficult to control".

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It came out of nowhere to right around Legion invaded. Pretty convenient as well. I know Turalyon is in the message but still. Guess we'll find out on Argus...

Or not. Blizzard can forget the stuff they make >.>
    Xe'ra is to Illidan, as A'dal is to Velen.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post

I mentioned it earlier....

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    I'm fairly sure A'dal isn't an obnoxious Velen fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm fairly sure A'dal isn't an obnoxious Velen fanboy.
    missed what i was sayin'......
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    A'dal definitely needs to be brought back into the lore, so he can verify or deny her claims. If these Naaru have some future foresight powers, then A'dal wanting us to bring down Illidan contradict Xe'ra greatly.

I don't think i've seen anyone mention this yet but in regards to the quote "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming" I could maybe possibly see this being Xal'atath. Given her possible history as being an old god, and then possibly being a part of yshaarj, maybe something will happen to her a third time. She definitely wants and expects the black empire and she would probably be very capable of ushering it in.

Or maybe the third death could be one female such as azeroth, but Xal'atath would be the one to usher in the old gods.

Deleted
    Anduin would be highly unlikely to be the boy king since his stature / offers cannot be the same for allie and horde alike (tbh cannot be the same among allie races as well)