Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Or they could just create more raids to fill that year gap?????
    Yeah because having to progress multiple raids at the same time is fucking amazing

Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post
    This shit excuse belongs in fucking cirus, why should we wait for people to do fiddle with their dicks in nighthold while everyone else is waiting for the tomb raid, should we all unsub and let them finish Nighthold mythic before we can actually do new content??

Here some advice for those people who moan that releasing new content quickly is bad. If your behind its not our problem, everyone is waiting to go into the new raid, if you dont like it then there is a simple solution is, fuck off.
    Here is some advice for the ones who moan about content not being released quick enough. Blizzard has complete control over the flow of content, and if you're upset about content taking too long to release, please feel free to unsub until then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowshewicz View Post
    Fewer people have cleared Mythic than you might think. Server First Cutting Edge is still unclaimed on my server.
    Exactly.. same here. This is a perfect pace, we are 7/10m and star is going down next raid, we have 1.5 month to do eli and gul'dan..

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Or they could just create more raids to fill that year gap?????
    I'm sure Blizzard has entire crates of Create New Raid magic wands just lying around their office and refuse to use them out spite.

A lifespan of 5 months for a raid is perfectly reasonable. There are still loads of guilds progressing in Mythic (or even Heroic) and releasing a new raid too early is not a good thing; BRF is widely believed to have ended too early, which also led to HFC going on for way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Most bosses on Mythic have a new set of abilities completely different from lfr/h/n, or they work in a completely different way:

*Skorpyron has different colors that do different things.
    *Chronomatic is pretty much the same but timers are completely different.
    *Trilliax is pretty much the same but more cakes and two new adds.
    *Alluriel has a new add that makes the fight completely different on a tank perspective, also making raid possitioning different.
    *Tichondrius seeker swarms work on a completely different way.
    *Etraeus has 2 new abilities and a clever new mechanic.
    *Botanist is almost a different boss, turning a cleave/aoe fight into a priority fight with abilities that change completely the way it works.
    *Elisande is pretty much the same, some mechanics are changed but nothing too big.
    *Gul'dan gets rid of heroic phase 1, melting it into heroic phase 2, making the boss more interesting. Phase 3 has whole new timers, and there is a completely new Phase 4 with a new boss, with completely new abilities.

So we have a total of 8 bosses with a slight to big rework and a brand new boss. But yeah, changing the difficulty of the bosses is no "new content".

Releasing content on June or December is a pretty standard marketing thing. You have more people on vacation on summer, meaning they need something to fill the free time; and people is more likely to gift something on Christmas. So it's not a coincidence that both games are releasing content at the same time, but not a "Blizz is doing to cut down FF subs" thing. I don't think they share a huge playerbase, both are MMOs but completely different one from another.
    Literally every single major release WoW has had since fucking 4.3 has coincided with another major MMO. Every major release. Its not a coincidence. Its not them releasing it in a specific month, its targeting other games, and in the process, its hurting WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    This is such a shit excuse for 6 months of a short raid with no real gear progression

My character is 910 ilvl and i haven't killed a single mythic boss this expansion or done that many mythic+ dungeons.

"we don't raid for gear, we raid for the 'challenge' " okay then why aren't you in proving grounds, farming the worlds highest scores?

https://www.wowprogress.com/char_sta...ield.pg_damage

here you go man, 646 waves to beat. Enjoy.
    Once you hit a certain endless wave, its no longer a "challenge" - Its essentially just a repeat of the exact same 10 waves over and over. I think it was around 70 or something when mobs stopped getting stronger? So its basically how long you have until you gotta take a piss, shit, or go for a walk before you get a blood clot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

This shit excuse belongs in fucking cirus, why should we wait for people to do fiddle with their dicks in nighthold while everyone else is waiting for the tomb raid, should we all unsub and let them finish Nighthold mythic before we can actually do new content??

Here some advice for those people who moan that releasing new content quickly is bad. If your behind its not our problem, everyone is waiting to go into the new raid, if you dont like it then there is a simple solution is, fuck off.
    Except... we dont have to "fuck off" as it is YOUR problem that the raid will not be released until June.

7+ Year Old Account
    everyone else is waiting for the tomb raid.[/B]
    Lies. Everyone else is enjoying the break in this horrible farming nightmare or selling carries. Nobody wants to rush anything, Legion is already too hard to endure.
    You sound like an antsy LFR dweller to me.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

They told us this almost 2 months ago this isn't news. You could also look at the achievement tied to flight and the class mounts there is 1 a week and there are 6 left the last one being a pre ToS quest.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain to me why unsubbing during content droughts isn't an option?
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    maybe we'll get the old, properly designed gear system back.
    "Oh hey, did the Shaman helm drop for a change?"
    Nah, stupid Alliance Pally BS dropped. Fuckin' Blizzard. This loot system sucks.
    Am I doing this right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    Can someone explain to me why unsubbing during content droughts isn't an option?
    Something along the lines of "I shouldn't have to suffer because Blizz and progression raiders are both assholes" I'm thinking.

If you are a tank or healer, you are basically ensuring your raid spot is gone, even if you are good friends with the guild. There's just not enough space on a roster to carry extras.

A dps you can probably get away with it just because there's more room to carry extra dps so most won't mind a returning dps coming back even with a full roster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    If you are a tank or healer, you are basically ensuring your raid spot is gone, even if you are good friends with the guild. There's just not enough space on a roster to carry extras.

A dps you can probably get away with it just because there's more room to carry extra dps so most won't mind a returning dps coming back even with a full roster.
    Well, if you're raiding mythic then either you're done, but these people don't complain, they have Gul'dan mounts to farm, preparation for TOS to be done (especially if guild split raids on progression and needs alt ready) and boosts to be sold, or you aren't done, and you can use the extra time to get closer to done.

If you aren't raiding mythic it doesn't matter, you can quit, come back in TOS, pug everything in the first week or find a casual guild that is always trying to scrap enough people to field a raid and move on from there.

Well... unless Blizzard makes heroic TOS harder than "puggable in the first week", but somehow I doubt so. HC TOV launched in hard state and got quickly nerfed because people couldn't be arsed with it.

Well, I was more talking about why someone in a mythic raiding guild would possibly not want to take even a short break.

Yes obviously heroic and normal you'd have no issue coming back assuming you didn't leave people hanging when you left harming the guild's ability to progress/clear. (though even in this case I think most guilds would make an exception if it was a non-game related issue you had to take a break)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowshewicz View Post
    It isn't really an excuse, it's a very literal "please complete the current content before asking for more." The raids are designed at Mythic level, and then scaled back for Heroic, Normal, and LFR.
    In no other game is completing the game on anything but the hardest difficultly considered 'not completing the game'

Why is it with this one?

I'm done with Mythic raiding. I burned myself out on it with world 150 or so progress for half a decade. Chilling in heroic is MUCH more fun. I do not feel like i am missing out on a single thing offered by Mythic raiding.

I don't want the title - i have better titles.
    I don't want the mount - i have better mounts.
    I don't want the achievements - I don't care about achievement points.
    I don't want the unique gear look - I have it already from the elite pvp set.

In past expansions, this is where i'd say "What i want is the power surge from gear", well, no, I already outdps most mythic raiders because while they spent 4 days a week wiping on Gul'dan, I was running Mythic+ and clearing heroic in a day and gambling trinkets.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what to tell you if you think you've finished the content if you aren't even going to attempt to do mythic, and then complain about a lack of content. This game probably isn't for you. The end goal in this game in PvE since vanilla has been to do the hardest thing there is, and that's been the last boss of the highest difficulty since Wrath when they introduced different difficulties. Before then there was just 1 difficulty, which if you didn't do, you didn't do the content in any form.
    Last edited by Sinew; 2017-04-28 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Well, I was more talking about why someone in a mythic raiding guild would possibly not want to take even a short break.
    Mythic raiders are often the last to unsub anyway. Taking breaks and "cyclical" playstyle is more about casuals who want to experience as many games as possible, so only visit wow during times of new content inserts and leave after the checked it out.

From my personal observations mythic NH and "AP grind" killed the will of many more mythic raiders than HFC "content drought", both seen guilds fold, disband and stop raiding, but in NH it was more severe. Funny since people think playerbase engagement is in linear correlation with "how busy" the content makes you. Nope, not really. There is a point of equilibrium somewhere in the middle between "nothing to do" and "so much to do it start being stressful, unfun and real life is suffering, so time to quit".

7.2 actually revitalized a bit mythic raiding scene on my server not due to Broken Bore... sorry, Shore, but due to artifact changes and basically giving everyone the old 54-pointer for free. NH became much more fun when people stopped feeling they're constantly playing from behind and caught in a loop of endless catch-up because they switched class or spec due to 7.1.5 nerfs.

But generally mythic raiders don't need a rush for a new raid tier, the problem I see is heroic is too easy, intended audience is done with it way too fast, also 7.2 with relinquished gear and new world bosses is making the below mythic NH gear already not very desirable, I can see normal / heroic raiders getting impatient, pugs are rolling over hc Gul'dan and the gear is not lucrative any more.

In the mythic department, mythic Gul'dan so far was killed by less than 300 guilds, and those that killed him, can use some rest & respite before TOS race starts. Less than 300 guilds world wide, think what % of playerbase it is.

I agree mythic should be hard, and I feel this extra time before TOS is good. I agree normal should be easy. But why heroic is so much closer to Normal than to Mythic instead of being a happy middle between, I don't understand.

Deleted

4-5 months is a very good time for a raid. Most guilds need that time to make meaningful progress. Its only the LFR crowd who has it done faster.

NH opened Jan 17th. Everyone who can simple addition knew that the raid comes late June. The quest chain leading to it can only be completed June 13th, which puts the opening of the raid at June 20th. Its simple maths. This is hardly anything new or worth getting worked up about.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    4-5 months is a very good time for a raid. Most guilds need that time to make meaningful progress. Its only the LFR crowd who has it done faster.

NH opened Jan 17th. Everyone who can simple addition knew that the raid comes late June. The quest chain leading to it can only be completed June 13th, which puts the opening of the raid at June 20th. Its simple maths. This is hardly anything new or worth getting worked up about.
    this is actually incorrect. there are 6 questlines left and they start on the following dates:

3rd May, 10th May, 17th May, 24th May, 31st May and 7th June. thus the raid should be released on the 14th June

You're complaining about a raid thats releasing in 2 months? Thats plenty of time to do anything else. Even unsubbing and play another game.