Thread: GG Blizzard

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am sooooo fucking happy Blizzard did this!!!!!!!!!!!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You actually dont need to have a group to do world quests you can go at them solo and if you want to do them with people then you actually have to socialize which is good as the content is soloable and the group is just for FUN and not needed. The only people complaining are the ones who do this as a chore which they should not since its a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    It's not the WQ finder that was the issue here, it was the noticeable server lag that wasn't there before 7.2, they found the cause, and adressed it

There's still an in-game group finder that is designed around Elite quests and World bosses, not for regular quests. So there's a lot of traffic coming from the addon that the in-game wouldn't have caused.

Also many new quests still need you to loot objects even tho they did change that objects are personal now compared to previous areas.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% agreeing with Blizzards change, and I am fully aware the addon will still work perfectly fine after it's updated.

All I'm saying, is I don't really get why people are bashing people who choose to use an addon to save time. Doesn't make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    I am sooooo fucking happy Blizzard did this!!!!!!!!!!!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You actually dont need to have a group to do world quests you can go at them solo and if you want to do them with people then you actually have to socialize which is good as the content is soloable and the group is just for FUN and not needed. The only people complaining are the ones who do this as a chore which they should not since its a game.
    Hey look. Another guy who can't read.

The addon will still work perfectly fine, it's just an extra button will come up on your screen to press.

So no, nothing changed addon wise. It will still work just like it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Blizzard aren't trying to actively break these tools though..

Starting to realise, people have trouble reading when it comes to blue posts. That's nice.
    Since you're bitching about reading comprehension, the operative word in that quote is "when." As in whether it happens now or in the future, I don't give a shit because if you're using a tool like that, imo, you're lazy and will be receiving no empathy from me when your free ride is taken away.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Realm hopping bots were constantly joining World boss groups, so WQGF eventually removed the functionality, it just hasn't updated for the new Nether Disruptor bosses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Since you're bitching about reading comprehension, the operative word in that quote is "when." As in whether it happens now or in the future, I don't give a shit because if you're using a tool like that, imo, you're lazy and will be receiving no empathy from me when your free ride is taken away.
    Back in your day, uphill through snow, yada yada yada. Same old shit.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Back in your day, uphill through snow, yada yada yada. Same old shit.
    I'm one of the most notorious anti-Legacy posters on this message board but I personally dislike add-ons which promote people from playing this game less like a video game and more like a fucking excel spreadsheet.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's extremely far from lazy. I put in more than my fair share of effort in the wqs, yes I save my own time on wqs, but then I use that saved time on other constructive things in game. I don't just go "siq now I can run in circles in dalaran"

But it's fine, clearly you're just a bitter person, with no concept of importance of time. Probably because you don't do any content that requires brain cells, and WQs are your end game Don't worry. It's okay, no judgement.

Best of luck with your future world quests. The real hardcore end game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm one of the most notorious anti-Legacy posters on this message board but I personally dislike add-ons which promote people from playing this game less like a video game and more like a fucking excel spreadsheet.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Ok, then this thread doesn't seem aimed at you. Try being less condescending to people who are looking for ways to farm their daily round of AP wqs faster.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

On the broken shore I can solo all the Rare elites.. On my ret spec only 903 with 36 traits...

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    On the broken shore I can solo all the Rare elites.. On my ret spec only 903 with 36 traits...
    Sorry buddy, looks like you posted in the wrong thread, what you said literally has nothing to do with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    It's extremely far from lazy. I put in more than my fair share of effort in the wqs, yes I save my own time on wqs, but then I use that saved time on other constructive things in game. I don't just go "siq now I can run in circles in dalaran"

But it's fine, clearly you're just a bitter person, with no concept of importance of time. Probably because you don't do any content that requires brain cells, and WQs are your end game Don't worry. It's okay, no judgement.

Best of luck with your future world quests. The real hardcore end game.
    I barely do WQs. I'm really fucking lazy. I thought WoD was an amazing expansion BECAUSE I'm fucking lazy. But I dislike add-ons which actively promote players to do WQs in groups under the guise of "saving time," when this ultimately seems directly incongruent with the spirit of their design. And while you personally don't leech, it's impossible to pretend there aren't people who do. I don't like it and it's possible Blizzard agrees with me and one day they'll nuke the add-on from orbit. Or maybe they don't care. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Ok, then this thread doesn't seem aimed at you. Try being less condescending to people who are looking for ways to farm their daily round of AP wqs faster.
    Point taken. This is far enough off-topic already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    Well according to blizzard these addons were causing lag for people not even using them.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...ddons-changed/
    See I think that's bullshit, WQGF had been used for quite a while and there were no problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that like the people who used Napster to "back up their collection of CDs"?

I don't care if it's presumptuous, I have little to no respect for people who use add-ons to complete WQs in groups which can be completed just as easily on their own.
    First people complain about lack of community due to LFG tool - then they use addons that automatically group you with random people to do 2-3 minutes WQs... wait, isn't that, like, full circle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

They fix something to make the game better. I completely agree on the title of this topic:

GG Blizzard indeed!

I barely do WQs. I'm really fucking lazy. I thought WoD was an amazing expansion BECAUSE I'm fucking lazy. But I dislike add-ons which actively promote players to do WQs in groups under the guise of "saving time," when this ultimately seems directly incongruent with the spirit of their design. And while you personally don't leech, it's impossible to pretend there aren't people who do. I don't like it and it's possible Blizzard agrees with me and one day they'll nuke the add-on from orbit. Or maybe they don't care. Who knows?
    I totally agree that people take advantage of the addon, and sit in the air doing nothing while others do work for them, it's extremely toxic behavior, and just really sad. It sucks that addons like this helps them do that, but those people are a minority.

If they stopped the addon from working, I wouldn't care, but while it does work, it is helpful. The whole "Wow community" thing, just won't work with world quests. There's no point trying to force that kind of interaction.

7+ Year Old Account
    No difference here for me, I don't even use the addon. These small WQs should be perfectly soloable anyway and if you're bitching about it taking too long, you're either too used to leeching off people doing the WQ anyway

Stack up or you get no heals! || Water control perfect, still can't attack with it
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    See I think that's bullshit, WQGF had been used for quite a while and there were no problems.
    Who cares what you think. We'll see over the next few days if it's true. Starting with seeing if it's still extremely painful to loot when server changed. That will be the big sign.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Since 7.2 it was far more noticeable delays on talking to npcs/looting/world quest completion etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss OQ. That was an AMAZING addon.

These current ones, not just the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Radianshot View Post
    No difference here for me, I don't even use the addon. These small WQs should be perfectly soloable anyway and if you're bitching about it taking too long, you're either too used to leeching off people doing the WQ anyway
    It's almost like they said for those who don't use the addon, they shouldn't notice a change. Gasp. Shock. Horror.